So the cobra is LEMONED

Chris C

Established Member
I just lemoned the Cobra. it was a early run 03 i bought it in 11/2002. i went through 4 trannys, and finally said F*CK it and got it lemoned. I turned it in to the dealer ship i bought it from.

I opted for the buy out rather than a trade... Ford gave me back every monthly payment +interest and my down payment. i pretty much leased the car for 2 years for $1400... they are charging me for the milage 34,XXX in 2 years. and the lawyer fees is 5% of what i get from ford which came out to 935ish... But ive been missing the car ever since i turned it in thursday. :nonono: :( :( :( :(

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
That's too bad you got a bad one. I love driving my cobra. If I were you I'd be looking at a Z06 or a mystichrome cobra if you still want one.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Hey man sorry to hear that. Hope you get into one again!

Chris C

Established Member
I doubt i will be getting another cobra... I bought the car when i was 19... I couldnt go to school and pay off the car so i ended up working fulltime to just pay for the car. $613 monthly payments at now 21y/o arent fun... im thinking of getting something a tad bit more practical and take the money im getting and using that as a nice down payment to drop the monthly payments. (puts on flame suit) a subaru is sounding very promising. :read:

I sure am going to miss the car.
Chris :(

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
They're giving away the Legacy Gt around here. Faster than the WRX but all the nice stuff too.

bkoe

Established Member
Originally posted by Chris C
I doubt i will be getting another cobra... I bought the car when i was 19... I couldnt go to school and pay off the car so i ended up working fulltime to just pay for the car. $613 monthly payments at now 21y/o arent fun... im thinking of getting something a tad bit more practical and take the money im getting and using that as a nice down payment to drop the monthly payments. (puts on flame suit) a subaru is sounding very promising. :read:

I sure am going to miss the car.
Chris :(

IMO... this sounds like a blessing in disguise.

yes... it is a dream come true to have a cobra at 19.
....it is also a dream come true to retire early.

the diff left over from the new car payment vs. the old car payment should be put into a tax deferred savings acct (IRA, 401k, or whatever you have access to).

some people have a picture in their sigs that show an old guy driving a mustang, with a bubble saying something like "everyone loves mustangs"

thats gonna be me

i plan to spend the last 40 or 50 years of my life dabbling in my car collection (all depends on when they take away my license)

you dont have to make a lot of money
you just need to save religously, AND NEVER F-IN TOUCH IT, AND NEVER GIVE UP

look... we all have our reasons to wake up in the morning... just don't forget about the money you need to be finanically independent in retirement.

sorry to rant.... (and this isnt neccessarily directed to you specifically... maybe you already do this)

Slobra

Established Member
Originally posted by JackBurton

the diff left over from the new car payment vs. the old car payment should be put into a tax deferred savings acct (IRA, 401k, or whatever you have access to).

some people have a picture in their sigs that show an old guy driving a mustang, with a bubble saying something like "everyone loves mustangs"

thats gonna be me

i plan to spend the last 40 or 50 years of my life dabbling in my car collection (all depends on when they take away my license)

look... we all have our reasons to wake up in the morning... just don't forget about the money you need to be finanically independent in retirement.

sorry to rant.... (and this isnt neccessarily directed to you specifically... maybe you already do this)

This is some of the best damn advice I have read on this board. :beer: I'm 28 and already have quite a bit saved up for my retirement (plus own a condo and getting ready to buy a new house as well.)

Man, you're 21.. start saving now!! by the time you are 30, you can easily have 100k in a 401k (well, maybe not easily, but it is possible!!) I had a 94 Z28 when I was 19, and got a C5 when I turned 21 so I understand how you feel with your car payments.

Chris C

Established Member
Originally posted by JackBurton

thats gonna be me

I already have a 401k and IRA accounts set up and i am putting money into those as we speak.

In all honesty you are soooo right it is a blessing in disguise i get to start over get my shit together, and go back to school. and get all my money back. :rockon:

bkoe

Established Member
Originally posted by Chris C
I already have a 401k and IRA accounts set up and i am putting money into those as we speak.

In all honesty you are soooo right it is a blessing in disguise i get to start over get my shit together, and go back to school. and get all my money back. :rockon:

you rock
(sorry i hijacked your thread)

you better print out your post and keep it somewhere safe... your gonna need that post when the next cobra comes out:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad everything turned out well for you. Of course you could buy a new Cobra now at just about a steal but it sounds like what you're doing with the money recovered is the right decision right now.

chrisle7220

Established Member
Man no more cobra. Sorry to hear about the car man. I see what you mean by being 19yr old and working full time. I am 19 right now and work almost all the time to pay for my car. All the money I make pretty much goes to the car. I pay $465/month. I guess its all good cause i got the car that ive always wanted, but then again it sucks that i cant do shit to the car or even go out with friends. But i dont think this will stop me from keeping it. But in your case if your looking for a more conservative car with good gas mileage, id say get a G35 coupe or 350z. That car has really grown on me, and for the price, they are awesome.

03DOHC

Established Member
Sorry to hear you had all those problems Chris but I'm glad to hear you like the choice you made. :beer:

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
best of luck Chris, sorry to hear about the car. I never realized you had all those problems with it.

When you told me how hard you were working at your young age to have the car
I remembered several of my friends in younger years that did the same. We all learn and mature. You actually learned failry quickly...I know some who still "don't get it" that are much older than you.

The education will allow you to get another fast car someday. Good luck with the :read: .

regards

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Only 4 trannies? And to think the 5th might have worked out for you. :lol:

I'm with you as the OASIS report on mine is a prime candidate for the factory's "What Not To Do" List.

It's good to know, however, that I've stuck it out and the problems are fixed for the most part. One more item and I'm done. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread