So you want Brembo brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeser

Established Member
Here are a few pics of the brackets and shields.

adapter_rear_caliper-small.jpg
IMG_4491.JPG
IMG_4486-small.jpg
IMG_4494-small.jpg
IMG_4495-small.jpg

M91196

Established Member
The splash shields I ordered were larger than the original GT ones. I also noticed they were vented on the front of the shields vs a solid stamping on the original GT shields...I assume for air flow to the rotor for better cooling.

The brackets you mentioned allowed me to install the larger GT500 rotors. This is more of an appearance thing as the rear brakes just didn't look right after I installed the new 19" Forgestars. I plan on taking it to the track next spring to see how it performs. I wasn't entirely comfortable in using this bracket vs installing the GT500 brackets, but I was to lazy in pulling the axles. Baer sells a similar bracket and others on this site have purchased this same bracket as me and tracked them with good results.

I did did purchase the hardware kit for the fronts, along with all new bolts as I felt more comfortable with that.

I did check multiple ford parts sites and did find they only had a core charge for one side. Odd, but in the end, found it was cheaper to go this route and got better pads n rotors (in my opinion) than the factory big brake kit.

Would you share the rear dust shield PN's if you upgraded them?

I upgraded the rear rotors as well and would like to add the correct shields.

Apologize if you listed them , I looked back and saw pictures but no parts list.

Last edited:

cheeser

Established Member
Would you share the rear dust shield PN's if you upgraded them?

I upgraded the rear rotors as well and would like to add the correct shields.

Apologize if you listed them , I looked back and saw pictures but no parts list.

Here is the p/n for the front splash shield in my above pic: BR3Z-2K004-B

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/oe-ford/br3z2k004b

I didn't change anything else on the rears beyond adding the brackets and new rotors.

Last edited:

04MidnightGT

Established Member
*Warning - Long Story Alert*

This thread hasn't been very active but I used it to acquire my brembo brakes so I figured I would post about it.

So I initially read this thread back in early November of 15'; since that day I tried going through pretty much every local auto parts store trying to get the calipers. None could order them... So one day in December I'm shopping on Amazon (gotta love amazon prime) and I figured what the hell, so I put the part number in and boom there was one for sale on ****ing amazon haha! I place my order, everything looks like it's going well.

The next day I get a call from some random parts store employee on the opposite side of the country explaining that they did not in fact have it in stock BUT they got in contact with A1 Cardone and they would be able to remanufacture one and send it out to me hooray!! During that call I ask about the passenger side caliper; they told me it was unavailable and to call back in a couple weeks.

Fast forward three weeks to the beginning of January and the driver's side caliper shows up; my only issue is finding the passenger side. The light bulb in my head turns on and I call the company who sold me the first caliper. They were able to pull some strings with A1 Cardone and my order was placed for the passenger side brembo caliper.

Today the second caliper showed up via UPS and I started the process of painting them. Here's a few pictures, also they are technically used calipers so there's a handful of scratches and nicks that I was unable to remove via sanding.

IMG_4261_zpsycuqr0ul.jpg

IMG_4267_zpsp4bwfmxy.jpg

IMG_4268_zpsl7lob5nx.jpg

IMG_4270_zpsztpur9au.jpg

IMG_4284_zpstvluurzk.jpg

IMG_4315_zpsiplnw5pw.jpg

IMG_4334_zpstul0wwcj.jpg

IMG_4326_zpsjj6hpdtd.jpg

IMG_4329_zps506ch7ys.jpg

Here's the exact amount I paid for each item (excluding shipping as it may vary depending on your location)

Driver side caliper - $120.08
Passenger side caliper - $130.43
Duralast CMAX brake pads - $49.99
Brake hardware - $11.82
Crossover lines - $39.95
Power Stop Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors - $195.51
1x VHT high temp primer - $6.99
2x VHT high temp gold flake - $17.98
1x VHT high temp clear - $6.99

Total: $578.99

So I now have a set of basically brand new brembo brakes for under $600 :coolman:

I'll post more pictures after the calipers cure.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
*Warning - Long Story Alert*

This thread hasn't been very active but I used it to acquire my brembo brakes so I figured I would post about it.

So I initially read this thread back in early November of 15'; since that day I tried going through pretty much every local auto parts store trying to get the calipers. None could order them... So one day in December I'm shopping on Amazon (gotta love amazon prime) and I figured what the hell, so I put the part number in and boom there was one for sale on ****ing amazon haha! I place my order, everything looks like it's going well.

The next day I get a call from some random parts store employee on the opposite side of the country explaining that they did not in fact have it in stock BUT they got in contact with A1 Cardone and they would be able to remanufacture one and send it out to me hooray!! During that call I ask about the passenger side caliper; they told me it was unavailable and to call back in a couple weeks.

Fast forward three weeks to the beginning of January and the driver's side caliper shows up; my only issue is finding the passenger side. The light bulb in my head turns on and I call the company who sold me the first caliper. They were able to pull some strings with A1 Cardone and my order was placed for the passenger side brembo caliper.

Today the second caliper showed up via UPS and I started the process of painting them. Here's a few pictures, also they are technically used calipers so there's a handful of scratches and nicks that I was unable to remove via sanding.

Here's the exact amount I paid for each item (excluding shipping as it may vary depending on your location)

Driver side caliper - $120.08
Passenger side caliper - $130.43
Duralast CMAX brake pads - $49.99
Brake hardware - $11.82
Crossover lines - $39.95
Power Stop Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors - $195.51
1x VHT high temp primer - $6.99
2x VHT high temp gold flake - $17.98
1x VHT high temp clear - $6.99

Total: $578.99

So I now have a set of basically brand new brembo brakes for under $600 :coolman:

I'll post more pictures after the calipers cure.

Another victory for those with patience. Like I had said when I started this thread, if you are willing to work the system a bit, you can make it happen. All it took was an in with that guy who made the effort to call A1 Cardone and you were golden. By the way, there is absolutely no difference whatsoever between the left and right, other than the bleeders are installed on the opposite end which you can change out. Mine have been installed going on 6 or so months at this point and work like a champ. Congrats on your finds!:coolman:

Paul.

Established Member
04MidnightGT - I'm digging your color choice for the calipers. :coolman:

Here's mine. I even had custom Brembo stencils made so I could paint the lettering back on before I clear coated everything.

BremboPaintSupplies_zpsabdce42e.jpg

CalipersPainted_zpsf3db68c9.jpg

CaliperPaintedFront_zpse132412d.jpg

CaliperPaintedTop_zps17d846ea.jpg

CaliperPaintedBack_zpsbba5e13b.jpg

CaliperPaintedBottom_zps5fa58791.jpg

OldBrakes1_zpsc402f724.jpg

OldBrakes2_zpsd5318b41.jpg

HeatShieldInstalled_zps5218cb57.jpg

OldBrakesRemoved_zps703f1340.jpg

OldBrakesonGround_zpse508e801.jpg

NewRotorInstalled_zps3fc64e03.jpg

NewBrakesInstalled_zps43c72f3e.jpg

NewBrakesInstalled2_zps54b2e613.jpg

NewBrakesInstalled3_zps116f3b7c.jpg

BrakesFinished1_zpsdbdb2106.jpg

BrakesFinished2_zps3e8cfc75.jpg

BrakesFinished3_zpsaedb018b.jpg

BrakesFinished4_zpsf18a58e2.jpg

CarNewBrakes1_zps6cb7bb9d.jpg

CarNewBrakes2_zps4c4862bc.jpg

BrakesFinished5_zpsaa4cb6d4.jpg

04MidnightGT

Established Member
Where did you get your crossover lines

http://www.racingbrake.com/Crossover-TubesCrossover-Tubes-Camaro-SS-CTS-V-p/bm41-01a.htm

Another victory for those with patience. Like I had said when I started this thread, if you are willing to work the system a bit, you can make it happen. All it took was an in with that guy who made the effort to call A1 Cardone and you were golden. By the way, there is absolutely no difference whatsoever between the left and right, other than the bleeders are installed on the opposite end which you can change out. Mine have been installed going on 6 or so months at this point and work like a champ. Congrats on your finds!:coolman:

Ah the OP! Thanks for making the thread!! There is one difference though, the ports where the brake line enters the caliper are drilled and tapped on opposite sides. That's the only thing that truly designates the caliper as left or right.

04MidnightGT - I'm digging your color choice for the calipers. :coolman:

Here's mine. I even had custom Brembo stencils made so I could paint the lettering back on before I clear coated everything.

Thank you! The original plan was to go with an HKS Purple but I would have had to wait almost a week for the paint to come in. Also, I opted out of the stickers (simply personal preference). And 6 POT calipers... I bet those things stop on a dime lol :uh oh:

Paul.

Established Member
Thank you! The original plan was to go with an HKS Purple but I would have had to wait almost a week for the paint to come in. Also, I opted out of the stickers (simply personal preference). And 6 POT calipers... I bet those things stop on a dime lol :uh oh:

Purple would be cool. I like stuff that different than all the boring red or black calipers you see everywhere. The stencils I got to paint the lettering on were definitely a pain in the ass, but I tend to be a bit over-the-top on my detail work so it was worth it in the end. Stickers would've been way easier. I even got matching Race Red paint for the lettering so it would match the car. I painted the 4 piston Brembos that came off the car this color scheme too before I sold them.

Now I'm figuring out how to get Shelby brakes on my '89 notch. Haven't decided yet on 4- or 6-piston (and 14" or 15") but I'll get there eventually. Would be cool to see them on an old fox.

Keep at it, and post pics of the rest of your install.

Paul.

JDos1

Established Member
Not a bad setup.

On black friday American Muscle had NEW passenger side GT500 4 pot calipers on sale for $125 + 6% discount and a credit I had and I scored 2 passenger side calipers for $115 each NEW. Sold one for $130 so pocketed some $.
Then TascaParts had a 10% off sale and I scored a new driver side for $280. So I had $395 in new calipers.

$380 calipers
$110 Hawk HPS pads
$100 Two Duralast rotors
$30 Dust shields
$100 Russell lines
$14 Pad hardware kit

$735 total in mine but they're factory new, no painting and no bending of crossover tubes, with upgraded brake lines.

Had a set of 2015 6 piston Brembo takeoffs ready to go on but 19" AMR's don't clear them.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Just an update. Oreillys called me back and backed out saying they couldnt get them. I was distraught last night and looking on ebay and found the Ford Brembo upgrade (yes, the stainless goodrich lines, pads, shields, rotors and calipers) for $779 shipped. The only defect is a scuff on one of the calipers that took out the "r" and the "e" on the "Brembo". Just thinking about painting them all black, finding a grabber blue brembo sticker and clear coating them. I guess sometimes it works out even though it was about $100 more than I had hoped to get them for....but they are BRAND NEW.

Epic510

Established Member
****I have since determined that the 308 line is about an inch short of what is needed to follow the factory designed path for the crossover tube. It can work, however I'd step up to the 10"*******

Also, this is the brake line if you wish to bend it yourself. The part number is generic and the same at most all stores, though I have seen variants that add an X or other letter. It's on ebay as well as stocked in most

Just a heads up. Be careful which line you choose I'd you decide to go this route. The line part # Suffix denotes different thread pitches and flares. I'm not sure what the correct fitment for the Brembos is but it is of course a critical piece.

Pa or pax is U.S. Standard thread. Inverted flare
paj is metric thread. Inverted flare
pae is metric thread w/bubble flare

oh yeah, and guess who works for AAP and will be calling Cardone tomorrow???
thanks for the tip!

baggyp

Established Member
This may be a stupid question but, where did you guys get the adapters for the rear brakes? I cant seem to locate the bolt in piece some are using.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread