So you want Brembo brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeser

Established Member
I just would have to see that price from ford. If they bring $250+ used I don't see ford charging less that $500. Their big brake kit is $1600 ish and I don't think rotors, pads and lines are over 600 bucks.

I don't know what to say, but these are the part numbers I used and the prices I paid. They are coming from an online Ford dealer..will be here this week.
BR3Z-2B121-B CALIPER, LEFT $316.96

BR3Z-2B120-B CALIPER, RIGHT $246.40​

Punch the p/n's into google and you will find plenty of vendors with a variety of prices.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
I don't know what to say, but these are the part numbers I used and the prices I paid. They are coming from an online Ford dealer..will be here this week.
BR3Z-2B121-B CALIPER, LEFT $316.96

BR3Z-2B120-B CALIPER, RIGHT $246.40​

Punch the p/n's into google and you will find plenty of vendors with a variety of prices.
I'm not saying I don't believe you, I've seen many people order like that to find themselves on a 6 month back order. But if you getem them score! What was the core fee?

cheeser

Established Member
I'm not saying I don't believe you, I've seen many people order like that to find themselves on a 6 month back order. But if you getem them score! What was the core fee?

Core charge was $50 for one, $0 for other. Will post a pic of the boxes and calipers when they arrive.

devildog1679

Established Member
Yes, Tasca has the left caliper at $279 and right at $259. Wonder why the price difference.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
The Brembo caliper is identical on both sides. The only difference is the crossover tube installed on the opposite end on opposite sides.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
The Brembo caliper is identical on both sides. The only difference is the crossover tube installed on the opposite end on opposite sides.

I know, but there are a lot of parts from Ford that are different prices side to side. I just quoted mirrors on a F150 to a customer and there was a $150 difference per side.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
I know, but there are a lot of parts from Ford that are different prices side to side. I just quoted mirrors on a F150 to a customer and there was a $150 difference per side.

As much as I bleed Ford blue, their parts setups are retarded. I ordered a mustang sideview mirror a couple years ago. 3 weeks later I ordered the same part, and it was $135 less. And I can't even begin to understand how the same caliper, literally the same with no physical difference, could be priced differently. And it's not just Ford on the caliper, the other companies do it as well (at least the new ones, the rebuilds were both $99 with $30 cores from Advance)

By the way, for chits and giggles while I was in there yesterday I asked about the calipers. There was a single passenger side unit available when he looked. The parts are there, it is just dumb luck on when you ask though

F.D.Sako

Established Member
any piston size difference between the sides?
I can't recall, but some brembo models had one small, one large pistons and I believe they are situated in a way to accommodate rotation direction. I'm just not sure if our calipers have mismatched pistons or not.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
One piston is 40mm and the other is 44mm according to the rebuild kit on Zeckhausen Racing. I have 00 R calipers on my 95 and if I get motivation I can pop them off and measure.

cheeser

Established Member
My brembo's from Ford arrived today. They don't come with any hardware, but that is relatively cheap. Time for rotors, pads, and better brake lines and I will be set.

Glad I didn't buy the used ones from eBay, although I would have been happy with the remanufactured ones via AutoZone if I had the time to check every day.

20150911_181929-small.jpg
20150911_182209-small.jpg
20150911_182359-small.jpg

Last edited:

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
One of the rebuilt autozone ones came with hardware, the other didn't. The autozone guy gave me the hardware kit on the house, but I think it was like $27ish. Do they have the Brembo letters on them?

cheeser

Established Member
One of the rebuilt autozone ones came with hardware, the other didn't. The autozone guy gave me the hardware kit on the house, but I think it was like $27ish. Do they have the Brembo letters on them?

Yes, they have the Brembo letters cast in, plus the Brembo stencil on the side...just didn't include that in the pic.

cheeser

Established Member
Finally have all of my parts to upgrade to new Brembos in the front and larger GT500 rotors in the rear. Purchased the Ford factory parts (Brembos, splash shields, bolts, etc) from AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake, and rotors via autoanything.

One thing I did notice is that the splash shield that I received have venting holes, while the ones I have seen online appear to be solid.

Will be doing the install tomorrow.

20151010_131557 (1024x555).jpg

Last edited:

jsimmonstx

Established Member
Finally have all of my parts to upgrade to new Brembos in the front and larger GT500 rotors in the rear. Purchased the Ford factory parts (Brembos, splash shields, bolts, etc) from AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake, and rotors via autoanything.

One thing I did notice is that the splash shield that I received have venting holes, while the ones I have seen online appear to be solid.

Will be doing the install tomorrow.
View attachment 52470

Questions:

0) Why did you get the brackets (sitting on the brake lines box). I thought the calipers bolted directly to the OEM spindle.

1) What is in the bags at the bottom of the picture? Hardware kits (pins/anti-rattle bracket)?

My parts list is almost the same:

From AutoNation:
Front Caliper, Left - BR3Z-2B121-B $317
Front Caliper, Right - BR3Z-2B120-B $247
Shield, Left & Right - BR3Z-2K004-B $40

From American Muscle after discount):
PowerStop rotor/pad kit #53457 (manu #k4148) $376
J&M Stainless lines #30016 (manu #22530F) $129

From LateModelRestoration:
Brembo Hardware Kit #LRS-H6140-GT500 $30 (does both calipers)

Again, I have heard that no adapter is required to bolt the caliper to the spindle (I have a 2012). Thoughts? (Are they by any chance for the rear since you're going to bigger rotors back there?)

I wonder why there's a core charge on the left caliper, but not on the right...

Last edited:

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
Questions:

0) Why did you get the brackets (sitting on the brake lines box). I thought the calipers bolted directly to the OEM spindle.

1) What is in the bags at the bottom of the picture? Hardware kits (pins/anti-rattle bracket)?

My parts list is almost the same:

From AutoNation:
Front Caliper, Left - BR3Z-2B121-B $317
Front Caliper, Right - BR3Z-2B120-B $247
Shield, Left & Right - BR3Z-2K004-B $40

From American Muscle after discount):
PowerStop rotor/pad kit #53457 (manu #k4148) $376
J&M Stainless lines #30016 (manu #22530F) $129

From LateModelRestoration:
Brembo Hardware Kit #LRS-H6140-GT500 $30

Again, I have heard that no adapter is required to bolt the caliper to the spindle (I have a 2012). Thoughts? (Are they by any chance for the rear since you're going to bigger rotors back there?)

I wonder why there's a core charge on the left caliper, but not on the right...

While I'm not him, I would say to your question about brackets that he said he was adding GT500 rear rotors which needs more space to fit. I'm pretty sure that's those brackets pictured. I've seen them online I think for about $125. The bags are the hardware kits. Two pins and one retainer plate each. The splash shields don't have to be done as the factory ones work fine. I'm not sure how you got one without a core charge, but I'd call that luck as all calipers have cores.
I later did add powerslot rear rotors and hawk hps pads to mine. Stops like a champ.

jsimmonstx

Established Member
While The splash shields don't have to be done as the factory ones work fine. I'm not sure how you got one without a core charge, but I'd call that luck as all calipers have cores.
I later did add powerslot rear rotors and hawk hps pads to mine. Stops like a champ.

Nobody (that I've seen) charges core charge on new right-side calipers.

The splash shields have different part numbers between the boss and the GT (not arguing your point, just saying they're different - probably an inch bigger than the GT ones).

cheeser

Established Member
Nobody (that I've seen) charges core charge on new right-side calipers.

The splash shields have different part numbers between the boss and the GT (not arguing your point, just saying they're different - probably an inch bigger than the GT ones).

The splash shields I ordered were larger than the original GT ones. I also noticed they were vented on the front of the shields vs a solid stamping on the original GT shields...I assume for air flow to the rotor for better cooling.

The brackets you mentioned allowed me to install the larger GT500 rotors. This is more of an appearance thing as the rear brakes just didn't look right after I installed the new 19" Forgestars. I plan on taking it to the track next spring to see how it performs. I wasn't entirely comfortable in using this bracket vs installing the GT500 brackets, but I was to lazy in pulling the axles. Baer sells a similar bracket and others on this site have purchased this same bracket as me and tracked them with good results.

I did did purchase the hardware kit for the fronts, along with all new bolts as I felt more comfortable with that.

I did check multiple ford parts sites and did find they only had a core charge for one side. Odd, but in the end, found it was cheaper to go this route and got better pads n rotors (in my opinion) than the factory big brake kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread