So you want Brembo brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epic510

Established Member
Been working at the same auto parts store for 20 years. Good luck finding someone at Zone, AAP, or Oreileys to special order you these. They just make it too much of a PITA to do special orders (not cardone, the retailer). If you do have a guy willing to do it. Buy that guy a case of beer or something for gods sake! Treat that mother f&*cker like gold! After all the bulls*@t he deals with all day your lucky he's willing to do it. Once he's gone. Good luck finding someone else to provide you with that level of service. And btw. My new favorite past time is checking availability on these part #'s...

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
Been working at the same auto parts store for 20 years. Good luck finding someone at Zone, AAP, or Oreileys to special order you these. They just make it too much of a PITA to do special orders (not cardone, the retailer). If you do have a guy willing to do it. Buy that guy a case of beer or something for gods sake! Treat that mother f&*cker like gold! After all the bulls*@t he deals with all day your lucky he's willing to do it. Once he's gone. Good luck finding someone else to provide you with that level of service. And btw. My new favorite past time is checking availability on these part #'s...

My advance guy did it solely because I said it couldnt be done. It's all of a 10 minute phone call. He said in 16 minutes he had one, 2 weeks later in 12 minutes he had the other.
You've just gotta want it. Period.

Epic510

Established Member
my advance guy did it solely because i said it couldnt be done. It's all of a 10 minute phone call. He said in 16 minutes he had one, 2 weeks later in 12 minutes he had the other.
You've just gotta want it. Period.

beer him!

Lemonth

Established Member
Damn I wish I saw this thread about a moth earlier haha would've saved me a little bit. I got a set of Brembo's for 630 shipped used off someone who was upgrading to 6 pistons. Still, these are great brakes and they are pretty much brand new at around 1500 miles with the other person. Came with the calipers, pads, rotors, and dust shields.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
Damn I wish I saw this thread about a moth earlier haha would've saved me a little bit. I got a set of Brembo's for 630 shipped used off someone who was upgrading to 6 pistons. Still, these are great brakes and they are pretty much brand new at around 1500 miles with the other person. Came with the calipers, pads, rotors, and dust shields.

I'm not knocking your install, however after working on cars for over 20 years I have to say I would never put used rotors or pads on my car. That's like borrowing someone elses socks or something. It might work out, or you might end up with a fungus.

Lemonth

Established Member
I'm not knocking your install, however after working on cars for over 20 years I have to say I would never put used rotors or pads on my car. That's like borrowing someone elses socks or something. It might work out, or you might end up with a fungus.

Yeah in hindsight it probably wasn't the best idea, but so far it's working very well for the month that I've had it on thankfully. But I agree with you completely, if I could go back I would've done it all new info from this thread. I'll keep an eye out for signs of a fungal infection on my wheels ;)

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
Yeah in hindsight it probably wasn't the best idea, but so far it's working very well for the month that I've had it on thankfully. But I agree with you completely, if I could go back I would've done it all new info from this thread. I'll keep an eye out for signs of a fungal infection on my wheels ;)

That was a great response. I'm glad you found the humor in that last part. But in all seriousness, I'm glad it worked out for you. To many people simply overlook brakes

Eric L

Established Member
So has anyone tried a 6 piston successfully for the front yet? Ive been looking and haven't found anything yet.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
So has anyone tried a 6 piston successfully for the front yet? Ive been looking and haven't found anything yet.
The answer to your question would be yes it has been done and yes it bolts right up the same way. Had the 6 piston version been available I would have gone with it. But seeing as the 4 piston is a long and sometimes nightmarish process to get the way I did, I don't forsee anyone going this direction for the 6 piston. You'd probably have to source them used from ebay or the like

KonaBlueBryar

Established Member
there is a company selling the 4 piston take offs (from 2015s) as a kit now, wish I woulda known about this before my stoptech install.
haha. I cant remember the name of the place that is doing it but it starts with an "H" not much help I know, if I remember I will come back and share it. I think they are selling the kit for like 300 bucks

JDos1

Established Member

Yes, all you need are the 6 piston calipers/pads, russell braided stainless lines and when installing on a 2011-14, you need 13-14 GT500 rotors.

Eric L

Established Member
Thanks guys, i found the other thread too. Brakes are the weakest link in my car right now for sure. I haven't been able to mess with it because its DOA. Finally got it back from the dealer and ready to get back on it. Esp after driving my ole lady's 2015, now I'm acutely aware of how much my breaks suck

Eric L

Established Member
I deff like the price and value of the 15' brakes, now i just need to decide on the rear. I know a lot of you guys have done the rotor upgrade on the rear, but I would like to do a 4 piston setup on the rear just to balance it out. The remote clutch reservoir is being done also. Nothing better than having the clutch and brake fade together during a hot lap.

JDos1

Established Member
Really no need to spend $600+ on the rears. The adapter/13-14 GT500 rotor upgrade is plenty sufficient.

Eric L

Established Member
ever find out where or who to get the kit from? I bought the 2015 4 piston calipers and 2014 t500 rotors and it doesn't fit.

cheeser

Established Member
ever find out where or who to get the kit from? I bought the 2015 4 piston calipers and 2014 t500 rotors and it doesn't fit.

I have been happy with the simple bracket upgrade which allowed me to put the larger 14" GT500 rotors on. Haven't had any issues. See my post #102.

Most of the improvements came up front with the 4 pot brembo upgrade anyways...rear upgrade was primarily visual.

Will find end out more when I try it on the track this summer. Have read of a few others that have tracked it without any issues with the rear brackets.

Eric L

Established Member
yeah, Im thinking that I'll prob just put the larger rotors on the back with a set of upgraded pads. But my problem now is that I bought the 2015 gt 4 piston calipers to put on the front of my 2013 but can't seem to get the right rotor. I bought the 2014 gt500 rotors but they are 15inches, which is too big. So I'm trying to solve one prob at a time them I'll move on to the rear.

Paul.

Established Member
If you want the 2014 GT500 rotors to fit, you have to get the 2015 6-piston calipers, not the four piston calipers.

Paul.

Eric L

Established Member
yeah, got the calipers from local ford dealer and rotors from local parts house. still trying to get the right brake hoses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread