Soap Ported Blower Results (What you have all been waiting for!) Long!!

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Hence why it is only $400. And people that bid are notified by me. Thanks for trying to make me look like an ass. :loser:

ALA G8R

Banned
I'm a :loser: huh?

So what are this blower's selling points?

Heck then why not just post in the Market?

There are a lot of perspective buyers here.

Last edited:
Originally posted by ALA G8R
stevenscamaross,

This is one way to solve your problem. I don't see a disclaimer about this port job losing power. I must have missed it.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!

:nono:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...em=7906668376&category=33741#ebayphotohosting

Huh? I thought they gave you a stock blower back along with your $400 and you were to return the ported one? Kevin and Joe have discussed sending me yours since it appears to be working better than what I have. Aren't they expecting it back?

New22003

Established Member
Yeah you can’t go only by dyno’s but paying $400 for a part and getting no increase seems silly. I sure wouldn’t pay $400 for something that didn’t improve power anywhere in the RPM range. A dyno is often the only way we are able to gauge a performance increase.

It was a total waste of money. If I bought a 150 horse nitrous kit and it didn’t add any power I would want my money back on it also.

Steven did us all a service and a few people are attacking him. His first post was very professional. He isn’t some goober doing a "it doesn’t feel faster test”. He has actual dyno results with multiple pulls to prove his point. He did the tests in a scientific a way as possible. If a product didn’t work I would sure as heck tell you guys and think it would be nice if you told me.

I’m sure Steven has cost them far more than the $400 he paid for the port though. I know I wouldn’t deal with them now. This may sound harsh but its one of the only ways to get independent testimony about a product. I would have been very impressed had they admitted a mistake and refunded his money with the blower. A company you have to fight with to get them to stand behind their product isn’t worth dealing with.

Mines going off to apten.

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Originally posted by termin8tor
Huh? I thought they gave you a stock blower back along with your $400 and you were to return the ported one? Kevin and Joe have discussed sending me yours since it appears to be working better than what I have. Aren't they expecting it back?

Joe told me that he would not refund me my money but sent me a stock blower instead. So to get my $400 back, I posted it on Ebay.

New22003, thanks man :thumbsup: . I tried everything I could do, and I get attacked by people saying that "I should have just gone with Apten in the beginning". Sorry if I tried to find a cheaper alternative that was supposed to produce similiar gains.

CobraBri

Established Member
Originally posted by stevenscamaross
Joe told me that he would not refund me my money but sent me a stock blower instead. So to get my $400 back, I posted it on Ebay.

New22003, thanks man :thumbsup: . I tried everything I could do, and I get attacked by people saying that "I should have just gone with Apten in the beginning". Sorry if I tried to find a cheaper alternative that was supposed to produce similiar gains.

if you think about it, if the blower performs basically at the same level as a stock blower, for $400, you are getting a decent deal by buying it. my .02

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBri
if you think about it, if the blower performs basically at the same level as a stock blower, for $400, you are getting a decent deal by buying it. my .02

Except that's not true. This blower has been compromised and messed with by people who have no idea what they are doing. For all you know the rotors are touching the case increasing heat and wear.

CobraBri

Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove
Except that's not true. This blower has been compromised and messed with by people who have no idea what they are doing. For all you know the rotors are touching the case increasing heat and wear.

possibly. I was under the impression that the blower performed the same as a stock blower.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
sly is right. One of the reasons why the blower did not make more power is because of the increased heat, most likely caused by the rotor clearences being off. My buddy with the same problem (same port design) also gained no power, but guess what other problem he had after the porting? His car started pinging. . . .which was probably caused be the extra heat coming out of the blower. He had to take away a lot of timing to get it to stop pinging. You don't want a blower like this on your car. There really should be a disclaimer on the actual add.

Last edited:

98gt281

Established Member
C'mon guys, we all know why he spent $400 on thos ported blower, and for those of you that can't seem to grasp that, IT IS TO GAIN HP, just like 99% of modifications done to cars. For those of you that say the porter does not guarantee anything have got to be kidding. If I were in this situation, I would give the guy a chance to make it right, weather that means sending me another ported blower that makes HP, or a stock Blower, it is up to the porter to make the customer happy, well, at least in a half ass operation it is. I mean, some guys have had gaisn from this guy, get him to do exactly what he did to those blowers and have him send it to you, if it makes no power, look into the tune ect.

numbaonestunna

Established Member
Obviously none of you have ever bought anything from Steeda.

Quote:
---------------------
CLAIMS
Horsepower estimates listed in this catalog are believed to be accurate based on the best information available at the time of publication. Steeda prides itself on providing accurate information without hype or exaggeration. However, horsepower estimates cannot be guaranteed. Steeda is not responsible for actual power output of vehicles equipped with these products.

Or further...
-----------------------------------------------
WARRANTY
Your complete satisfaction is our primary goal. All parts and services
offered by Steeda Autosports have undergone extensive in-house testing and evaluation to insure the highest level of quality and performance and are guaranteed to be free from material or manufacturing defects when you receive them. However, the industry standard is no parts warranty. Competition parts are sold "as is" without any warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded. The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. Any attempted repair or alteration of any part will immediately void the warranty.

---------------------------------------------

Check that out... a large company like Steeda. No guarantee in power, no warranty for anything. You pay for it, and its yours. NO whining about not making the power, no whining about it breaking after a while. Just be glad that they give you anything at all, since they are DEFINITELY the exception and not the rule in aftermarket. Aftermarket always has a bunch of crybabies that things don't work out for. For the manufacturer, someitmes it's their fault, but sometimes it's poor install, damage, etc etc. If I was a manufacturer and wanted to give a guarantee I would only give it if the parts were installed by a professional installer, etc etc. That's why Ford doesn't warranty stuff too... you think they don't suspect that their customers are messing things up when they go through 2 motors in 7000 miles? The cobra motors might not be perfect, but they're not that weak. If they're blowing, the customers are the one's doing it... ditto with aftermarket customers. Sometimes it's the manufacturer's fault, but often it's the customers too... unrealistic expectations or a whole bunch of other factors that contribute to the problem...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I really feel bad that you've gone through all this hassle. I guess we all know by now that porting these blowers is an exact science and not something an inexperienced person/shop should attempt. I hope in the long run you get what you expected out of your new blower if you should get it ported. I personally highly recommend Apten. :)

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
This is alomst old post material by now, but the JB weld in the holes for the blower will actually change the pitch of the blower and make it louder. However it does change the velocity and flow of the air. Thus the change in sound. Would I do it?? No, but it does make it louder. But so does an air intake and a 8 Lb pulley. :)

Users who are viewing this thread