Some 6R80 Auto Testing......Transbrake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
As far as tuning, Lund does our tuning. I don't know why everything has to turn into a hate thing.

I asked a legitimate question. Can we see a video of the brake working without the wrench light, and actually working?

In a thread about a working transbrake, I honestly don't think that's a lot to ask.

As far as caring "who figured it out first". I could care less who figures it out first, 2nd, 3rd.. I'll say it for like the 5th time. I AM EXCITED TO SEE A TRANSBRAKE FOR THE CARS.

All I asked for was to actually see it.

These are the statements that always lead to the hate

Because now I have to respond with, as always, my car was in the 9'0's at full weight nearly 2 years ago, been in the 8's at full weight for nearly a year on that trans, "WITHOUT A BRAKE", and with about 200 passes on the car.

so, when CPR has a car that goes quicker than 8.75 at 3900 lbs on the foot brake. Then come see me. Until then, they are chasing my numbers that are like a year old...

4xi2i.jpg

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Terry think about. What advantage would it be for whitline to be selective about who to sell to? Zero. What advantage do I have to be selective? I can't explain it any different. 1-2 kits is pretty pessimistic. I have zero desire to sell parts. ZERO. I don't want to be on the phone all day with 60 customers and don't want to hire someone for it. If I did I would have leaked done this over two years ago. It's simply a means to an end for my customer. I won't sell 2,000 brakes, and they won't cost 30 dollars.

I have no problem with you not sharing your brake / selling your brake etc..

That is business, maybe no one will figure it out. Maybe someone will pretty quick. We'll find out in due time.

It affects me 0% at the end of the day. It doesn't make me money, it doesn't cost me money.

I am one of the biggest fans of the 6r80, and have pushed my trans harder than probably any trans has been pushed.

Again, super excited to see it. I just want to see it. I didn't think that was a lot to ask.

Kudos to you.

01bluesnake

Established Member
I think its a great idea of getting a trans brake together for the 6R80, but i can see where Beef is coming from slightly. I'm planning on building my own turbo kit, because i have the ability to do so. I also will be planning on doing a auto swap for the car and a trans brake is a must. I would love to do a 6R80 with a brake, but if you don't want to release it, then that's completely up to you. If i can't get a 6R80 with a brake by the time i'm ready, i'll just build me a 4R70. I think sooner or later more people will come out with something, time will tell. Either way, very cool that you got a TB figured out for the 6R80's.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Terry, we are talking about these going on a lot of STREET CARS, so your RACE CAR numbers don't mean anything. Cause your RACE car goes fast, does NOT make you competition. Not everyone who has a power added is gunning for you and your RACE car.

Like Dustin said...can you imagine a Stock car, with only Turbo Kit, Converter, and some Tires going Mid 9's with the help of a transbrake? Its pretty cool, thats why every one else is excited.

Thats why he is working so hard for this.

03Steve

Established Member
What diagnostic does the wrench light throw with first/rev enabled simultaneously?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Terry, we are talking about these going on a lot of STREET CARS, so your RACE CAR numbers don't mean anything. Cause your RACE car goes fast, does NOT make you competition. Not everyone who has a power added is gunning for you and your RACE car.

Like Dustin said...can you imagine a Stock car, with only Turbo Kit, Converter, and some Tires going Mid 9's with the help of a transbrake? Its pretty cool, thats why every one else is excited.

I love how when your faster than everyone else the car is a "race car" I'm not talking race car numbers, I'm talking street car numbers. Hell, I haven't been able to duplicate my numbers of my street car since turning the car into a race car, lol.

The filled block / cold tuning has been giving us hell.

I consider my car now. A race car, we pulled a bunch of weight, and deleted the a/c, heater box, etc.. and added a filled block.

That didn't happen until may of this year.

Up to that point, my car was every bit a street car as anyone elses car on here. The car had a rear seat delete, some lighter, but more comfortable than stock front seats, and a tubular k member.

The car was a daily driver, driven to and from the track over an hour each way about 50-60 times over 3 years.

The car was a premium package car, a/c, back up camera, shaker 500, etc...

It was driven on the factory trans, without a transbrake to an 8.75 e.t. at just above sea level air. That was on dot's driven to and from the track and all around the city of Bradenton, just like the car was driven every day on pump e85. What makes that not a street car?

And yes, I can imagine that, and it's already been done by Paxton cars without a brake.

CPRsm

CPR didn't you use to sell setups for the Evo community ?
Nah, not me. A few CPR companies running around. Like one in Los Angeles that is know for street racing. Constantly been asked about that and if I street race.

It affects me 0% at the end of the day. It doesn't make me money, it doesn't cost me money.
A choice between a paxton or a turbo kit with a brake. It can surely cost you money.
The brake works. What is being worked on to bring it to market is the secret. If we were really trying to hide anything a vid from the outside not showing the wrench light would have been just as easy. But again I'm not trying to shit in cheerios. Thought it would be cool to share. I was giddy and got tired of biting my tongue lol

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Nah, not me. A few CPR companies running around. Like one in Los Angeles that is know for street racing. Constantly been asked about that and if I street race.

A choice between a paxton or a turbo kit with a brake. It can surely cost you money.
The brake works. What is being worked on to bring it to market is the secret. If we were really trying to hide anything a vid from the outside not showing the wrench light would have been just as easy. But again I'm not trying to shit in cheerios. Thought it would be cool to share. I was giddy and got tired of biting my tongue lol

I really didn't think you were trying to hide anything, I just want to see a vid of the car launching and going wot, that is a video I'd like to see,

why

because mustang

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
I think CPR's kit looks to be a top notch and might be the front runner for me once I'm really to ditch the Paxton but either way getting the TB to work for us auto's would help us all out since we are on the same team here. :rolling:

Yep, were working with vortech on a head unit now. Other than weight, most everything is in place for next year. Just gotta do some testing and get the converter right.

And the glide should be good for about 2k horsepower.

Yeah saw a youtube clip from CJ Pony parts about the new Vortech head unit coming out......looks like a beast :beer:

Vortech's 2014 New Product Preview at SEMA 2013 - YouTube

Joyrider564

Established Member
Honestly, that video didn't convince me of much of anything. Wrench light is on and it seems like the transbrake was released, car started to go, and then stopped.

Also, another reason to keep something a secret, is either it isn't working 100% yet, or it is something so simple, you won't make any money off of it. Your best bet is to get a patent on it. But even then, in the auto industry, it'll be copied in one form or another.

CPRsm

Because now I have to respond with, as always, my car was in the 9'0's at full weight nearly 2 years ago, been in the 8's at full weight for nearly a year on that trans, "WITHOUT A BRAKE", and with about 200 passes on the car.

so, when CPR has a car that goes quicker than 8.75 at 3900 lbs on the foot brake. Then come see m. Until then, they are chasing my numbers that are like a year old...
I can already see TB being the new excuse for cars being slower. Not sure why you're always so worried what my stuff will do. I'll say it for the fifteenth time. I said turbos would take over and they did in a BIG fashion. Not mine (nor did I say it would be), but lots of love for those boys. I don't care who went how fast and when. I was building three other kits when the coyotes came out. Who got there before us is irrelevant to me. My boys will get there. Again that's the least of my worries.

And yes, I can imagine that, and it's already been done by Paxton cars without a brake.
What, twice? Two stock engine paxtons in the 9's? Up the boost, that's easy lol. Chris will be there on 7psi. But we digress. Not worried about the ET's. In due time.

What diagnostic does the wrench light throw with first/rev enabled simultaneously?
If it was that simple it would already be on the market

Honestly, that video didn't convince me of much of anything. Wrench light is on and it seems like the transbrake was released, car started to go, and then stopped.
Kinda. The brake was released about the same time his foot came off the pedal. Damn rookies lol.

Also, another reason to keep something a secret, is either it isn't working 100% yet, or it is something so simple, you won't make any money off of it. Your best bet is to get a patent on it. But even then, in the auto industry, it'll be copied in one form or another.
Those are some good thoughts honestly. Here's a counter. If it was easy, do you think someone else would have done it already? The other is if it was 100% ready for sale, do you think I would spill the beans on how we did it? Nu uh. That shit will remain a secret lol
All I'm willing to say is that it works, and without divulging into any details that would give out clues on the kungfu, we'll save the reason for what you see for another day.

Joyrider564

Established Member
I can already see TB being the new excuse for cars being slower. Not sure why you're always so worried what my stuff will do. I'll say it for the fifteenth time. I said turbos would take over and they did in a BIG fashion. Not mine (nor did I say it would be), but lots of love for those boys. I don't care who went how fast and when. I was building three other kits when the coyotes came out. Who got there before us is irrelevant to me. My boys will get there. Again that's the least of my worries.

What, twice? Two stock engine paxtons in the 9's? Up the boost, that's easy lol. Chris will be there on 7psi. But we digress. Not worried about the ET's. In due time.

If it was that simple it would already be on the market

Kinda. The brake was released about the same time his foot came off the pedal. Damn rookies lol.

Those are some good thoughts honestly. Here's a counter. If it was easy, do you think someone else would have done it already? The other is if it was 100% ready for sale, do you think I would spill the beans on how we did it? Nu uh. That shit will remain a secret lol
All I'm willing to say is that it works, and without divulging into any details that would give out clues on the kungfu, we'll save the reason for what you see for another day.

Completely understandable. First time my friend got on his transbrake in his driveway he released the button first. Car stalled thankfully.

Sometimes easy isn't always the first thing thought of. It could be something as easy as swapping two wires, and someone says "oh wow, why didn't I think of that?!" I hope you do get it working, always good to see more and more aftermarket growth. :beer:

Always good to test out products thoroughly before releasing them to market, so I won't argue that. I am sure a lot of people who don't go with your turbo kit would like the have this on their car. IMO, I would sell as many units, as quickly as possible. My father always said, "if you have a good idea, 3 other people out there have the same idea, so you have to beat them to the punch." Now that everyone knows that it is possible, they may try harder to find a solution. If you have a working T-brake, and nobody else does, I would try to sell as many as possible, before someone else comes onto the market and cuts into your market share.

Just my .02. As far as you know, I am just another keyboard warrior with an SVTP account.

CPRsm

No it's a fact. Not the only one who has thought of it of course. But at this point I have no desire to sell just the brake. It may change and honestly I probably won't keep it 100% to ourselves. But I'm not looking to suddenly explode from a single wave without the man power to back it up. And that's just one reason. It's not 100% based on selfishness as to why It's staying to close to us.

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

I would have to agree here not everyone wants a 8sec track car. A 9sec street car that u can drive everyday is the shit and from what I see that's what most guys want.

MMR has run low 7s with there 5.0 there the one's to chase.

stretchb

Established Member

I imagine this will happen tomorrow night if it does not rain and with no brake.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I imagine this will happen tomorrow night if it does not rain and with no brake.

Here they come... Went 9.50 with NO BRAKE....lol

Whats the setup like? Your car? Still stock motor? Props to who ever does it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread