Some Changes = One Pic

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Bre -
Man, you know I've been a fan of your car for some time. And at some point when I drive down to WPB to visit family, I want to stop buy and take a look at this car in person.

I love everything you've done to it.......except one thing ;)
That Bullitt fuel door. Your car, your canvas....but to me (for what it's worth), the car is SO freaken SMOOTH....then you have the allen screws and the double circle for the fuel door. Even though it's color matched which is a big improvement, it just kind of draws my eye to it like a magnet.

I've just never like them, so I'm probably not the best person to speak on them...lol.

Seriously, but everything else....as always....beautiful. :beer:

Predatorbird

Established Member
I have to disagree with Bizarro, I like the color-matched Bullitt fuel door. It doesn't stand out too much, but when you see it you can appreciate that you took the extra effort to paint it. You have quite the photoshoot ahead of you. You need both top up and top down pics to show off your seats.

Did you ever get the roll bar installed?

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Bre -
Man, you know I've been a fan of your car for some time. And at some point when I drive down to WPB to visit family, I want to stop buy and take a look at this car in person.

I love everything you've done to it.......except one thing ;)
That Bullitt fuel door. Your car, your canvas....but to me (for what it's worth), the car is SO freaken SMOOTH....then you have the allen screws and the double circle for the fuel door. Even though it's color matched which is a big improvement, it just kind of draws my eye to it like a magnet.

I've just never like them, so I'm probably not the best person to speak on them...lol.

Seriously, but everything else....as always....beautiful. :beer:

I'll be honest, I wasn't sure on the door either and agree with what you're saying. The truth is I bought it on ebay about a year ago for like $15. I was painting all the other parts, so it didn't really cost much to paint it.. If I didn't like it, I was out like $20. I first put it on with the stainless screws and wasn't a fan. I then painted the screws matte black and it started to grow on me. After a couple days, I very much like it. I completely understand why some won't like it, though. Eye of the beholder...

I used to live in WPB. Give me a shout if you're ever headed through here. :beer:

I have to disagree with Bizarro, I like the color-matched Bullitt fuel door. It doesn't stand out too much, but when you see it you can appreciate that you took the extra effort to paint it. You have quite the photoshoot ahead of you. You need both top up and top down pics to show off your seats.

Did you ever get the roll bar installed?

Hopefully this weekend I'll have time to wash the car, work on aligning the hood, and get some better shots.

Not yet on the roll bar. I still have to get it powdercoated. I can't decide whether I want to do it the same color as the wheels or in a flat charcoal or black to match the interior. I'm now leaning towards the latter since I only keep wheels for so long. Decisions, decisions.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
I'll be honest, I wasn't sure on the door either and agree with what you're saying. The truth is I bought it on ebay about a year ago for like $15. I was painting all the other parts, so it didn't really cost much to paint it.. If I didn't like it, I was out like $20. I first put it on with the stainless screws and wasn't a fan. I then painted the screws matte black and it started to grow on me. After a couple days, I very much like it. I completely understand why some won't like it, though. Eye of the beholder...

I used to live in WPB. Give me a shout if you're ever headed through here. :beer:

Hey, for that amount I probably would have gave it a try too....nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Yeah, I lived in Jupiter Fl for about 6 monts in between living in Miami and now in Georgia. Family is still in Jupiter (I always say WPB to save having to explain about "jupiter").
I've been thinking about making a road trip to see my dad....may have to do that before too long...Will hit you up for sure if I do that.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I think the mods are tasteful that you added to the Cobra and I really like the painted Bullitt door:beer: Never saw that done before. I might try that out on mine.

My94GT

Established Member
as always i love seeing pics of your car. i must say it was one of the few i liked with out the spoiler but the new look is just as tasteful. also the fuel door painted to match is something ive been thinking about and will prolly givie it a shot when i next do some minor body mods and paint work.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Not that I feel the need to defend the decisions I make with my car, but you realize that I have iForged wheels, right?

Here are some cars that share my ricer tastes...

996widefront.jpg

f430sypder2.jpg

redf430f.jpg

840634_19_full.jpg

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Not that I feel the need to defend the decisions I make with my car, but you realize that I have iForged wheels, right?

Listen here fella, I don't care if the wheels are made from titanium cow manure. They are ricey and ugly and you should go back to your BBS wheels like a true gentleman.

At least pick a better looking iforged wheel.

sheesh!;-)

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
If you saw them in person, I think you'd feel different. With that said, I don't expect everyone to like these wheels just as I did with the BBS wheels. That's typically what happens when you do something different. I supposed to each his own. You stick with the replica 95r's and I'll roll on my ricer iForged wheels. :)

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member

996widefront.jpg

f430sypder2.jpg

redf430f.jpg

840634_19_full.jpg

RIIIIIICCCCCCCEEEEEEERRRRSSSSSS!!!!!!

The whole lot of em, I tell ya....ricers :cuss:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I actually like the ones you have. I loathe the "regular" ones, but the dished ones sans bolts actually look pretty good to me for what they are. Can't beat the price.

VtekII

Established Member
i think the iforged wheels look good on the car.. give it a little more modern sports car look. i fall into the 5 spoke boat... i dont think theres a better design outthere, but definitly props for going away from the norm!

edswhite99

Established Member
I'm feeling the look of the hood. I personally liked the way your car looked without the wing, but I understand you wanting a change. Overall...badass!

Users who are viewing this thread