Some pics of my 00 GT after paint

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
Ok, none of these pics really capture the true color of the car (kind of in between the two colors). I went back with Bright Atlantic Blue but I changed the pearl and the metallic in the paint. Made it slightly darker then factory with much more sparkle and WAAY more flop to the color. The roof is Landrover Java black (a really mild black metallic)

I hope to get some good pics up this week. Other plans for the car will be a 6 speed (viper spec) and a single turbo setup.

paint1rw0.jpg

paint3ak4.jpg

paint4jv9.jpg

paint2wr8.jpg

image004su9.jpg

image006uq5.jpg

dscf1074ad9.jpg

dscf1075lc3.jpg

dscf1077ef7.jpg

today2lr3.jpg

Last edited:

97on22s

Established Member
shoulda known posting a car that isnt a cobra or close to a cobra with cobra bumper and bading gonna get you flamed!

nice color non the less

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
The problem with filling in the cobra on the bumper is that eventually it will die back and sometimes even crack back out. The only real option is to cut out that section and put a flat section in. I myself dont have the talent, nor the time to mess with doing that so I left it as it was. I dont really care for the GT rear bumpers and since the back cobra bumper was free I chose it over the GT one I had. I eliminated all other emblems save for the grill pony. Just one of those things, it bothered me some but not enough to try to change it :) the only other thing I wanted was the Mach 1 C-pillars (I got the glass just not the panels) but I can always change those later.

91frppgt

Banned
I don't care if its mis-badged or not, its still a badass stang!

props to it!

I could understand if it was a ghey, untastefully modded car with cobra badges...but i wouldn't listen to what others say!

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
Like I said, it does mildy bother me, Id rather have no badging or emblems (which is why we filled in all the holes under emblems and shaved the antenna too) or anything. But Its my daily driver and I had been driving it all primered since then end of Nov. Nice weather is starting to come in and I wanting something that looks nice to drive. If I happen to come into another deal on a cobra rear bumper its something I wouldnt mind trying to do, but how many free rear cobra bumpers can 1 person get right? :-D Thanks for all the comments though guys.

SRV1

Established Member
Not everyone can afford a $25k+ car! I say the Cobra stuff looks great! Enough with people who do not like the bumper on this GT. I see many Mustangs with Cobra wheels, hoods and brakes that are not Cobra's but that is ok. The car is bad simply put.

James

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
Not everyone can afford a $25k+ car! I say the Cobra stuff looks great! Enough with people who do not like the bumper on this GT. I see many Mustangs with Cobra wheels, hoods and brakes that are not Cobra's but that is ok. The car is bad simply put.

James

Thanks James, before my wife wrecked it I was in to it for $4200 and even after fixing it as it sits and the wheels/tires, ect. (all OEM parts for the body save for the core support, In dash DVD touch screen, Cervinis hood ect ect) Im still right at around $8000 with it. Im cheap, what can I say :-D

oops.......I have cobra brakes too.......... :(

Last edited:

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
looks great!! Love the color!! Not a huge fan of the hood, but thats just me. Lover everything else!

Truth be told Im not a huge fan of the hood either. I was dying for a Mach 1 hood but couldnt come up with one for a decent price. Plus making the shaker work with the upcomming turbo would be a hassle. I only gave $150 for this hood though, like I said Im cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread