Some pics of my 00 GT after paint

YoungGun03

Borderline questionable
Established Member
The color really changes with the different lighting..
Im deffinently liking the custom job.

SVTDavid

Live Fast
Established Member
At first I thought your were making a black to blue fade, I was going to have to e-cockslap you. But, I see it now bahaha.. Looks excellent :beer:

93ChevKilR

Established Member
Wow man thats an awesome color!! great job.

but i do have a few small suggestions you might like. if the pony in the grill bothers you a little, it would look sick if you painted it black, it would really match the car and it looks mean. Also a brand new set of darker headlights would totally make the car, especially with the black pony. just a thought!

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
I actually think Im going to paint the pony a dark charcoal grey tomorrow. The headlights are the Ford OEM "smoked" ones (I have had alot of bad experiences with non OEM lights, hell this is the 2nd set of OEM ford ones in this car since Nov. cause the 1st set leaked water. I may however re-clear them and tint the clear slightly to give them a little more darker look.

I am however SERIOUSLY considering doing the wheel lips in body color like those Z06 Vettes had in another thread on here. I had thought about it when I first got the wheels but was unsure with such a big lip area........but those vettes look awsome.

Last edited:

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
Im glad too, just in time for it to get snowed on again today. :shrug: WTF is this "global warming" I keep hearing so much about........

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
good lookin paint my friend...woulda chose a different hood but different strokes for different folks.

love the sonic blue looking when its under shop lights but outside it shows its BAB color

6spd

Established Member
very nice car! love how the colour changes in different lighting.

some of you need to chill with the misbadging comments. its a cobra bumper....get over it. its not like he put snakes on his fenders.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I don't like the two-tone or the hood, but I kinda like what you've done with the color. Before I scrolled down and saw the pics, I was like, how dare he mess with BAB?!? But it turned out ok. If you're not a huge fan of the hood either, maybe paint the center black? (I'm kinda partial to that look, it's what I did) It'll hide the scoops some. The only other suggestion I'd make is to smooth/paint the mirrors to match the roof.

Last edited:

longrodLX

Established Member
looks ok. It kind of looks like a vert with a black top. I think it would have looked a lot better if you just did the whole top half of the car black. a 2-3" cowl hood would look a lot better too. chrome saleens would look awesome with that blue and black color. black wheels just dont do much for the blue imho. looks descent though

CobraTerritory

Merica
Established Member
looks awesome and im exactly in the same boat about filling in the cobra rear bumper. it will temporarily look good but after some time the letters will come back and look like A$$. just dont put a set of bumper inserts on there and you should be good. i love that color. i wonder why???

Last edited:

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
how much the paint job run you?

I work at a collision center in the paint dept............so....... ;-) ...........

Hopefully in the next week or so I can get the mirrors and cowl panel back off and smoothed and painted. The hood has grown on me, I hated it at first, now I just kinda don't like it alot. I would LOVE to find a cowl hood like the mach 1 hood but without the hole in the middle.

Yeah I have NO intentions of bumper inserts, not my thing.

Like I said though I am considering painting the wheel lips body color..........have to do some photochopping to see ...........

Thanks again for all the comments.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I would LOVE to find a cowl hood like the mach 1 hood but without the hole in the middle.

Cervinis makes one, but it's pricey. I got it when I hit some wildlife, and insurance paid for part.

burnoutparty127ul9.jpg

I've heard if you use a resin to fill the letters they won't come back. That's what Camaro guys use to fill the rear panels on those cars.

Users who are viewing this thread