Some pics of my 00 GT after paint

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Looks good i like the color.

As far as the rear bumper. There are two things. #1. If i remember correctly the indentions of the actual letters are no deeper than a 1/4" and thats pushing it. You could have filled it with enough overlay of filler that it would not have cracked.

OR you could have gone the flexiable filler route with enough overlay for it never to crack.

Great looking car none the less. Not a huge fan of it saying cobra, that cant change my mind that its a sweet lookin car

My94GT

Established Member
looks damn good, i know i myself would leave the bumper as is. screw putting that much mud in it to keep a bunch of people online happy

edgars23

The Stable Productions
Established Member
the car looks great....with the exception of the hood. That thing is serious rice. Other than that, a great car.

firebird1999us

Established Member
The problem with filling in the cobra on the bumper is that eventually it will die back and sometimes even crack back out. The only real option is to cut out that section and put a flat section in. I myself dont have the talent, nor the time to mess with doing that so I left it as it was. I dont really care for the GT rear bumpers and since the back cobra bumper was free I chose it over the GT one I had. I eliminated all other emblems save for the grill pony. Just one of those things, it bothered me some but not enough to try to change it :) the only other thing I wanted was the Mach 1 C-pillars (I got the glass just not the panels) but I can always change those later.

Meh -- who cares about the rebadge police. It's your car!:idea:

I love the color. That car would look killer with some CCW Classics!:coolman:

PIXER

Banned
Seen it in person, looks pretty good (again w/ the hood, but I see where he is coming from...... a brand new Cervini's for $150....... and his was damaged......

And the bumper.......... VERY, VERY first thing I said but I agree w/ why he did it.)

Comparing his modified BAB to my stock BAB it is VERY different.
Hope to get some pics together after I have mine wet sanded and waxed.

BTW, he did my taillights *nightshade* and they came out pretty good :beer:
A bit darker than I anticipated, but they do look good :coolman:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
looks damn good, i know i myself would leave the bumper as is. screw putting that much mud in it to keep a bunch of people online happy

Exactly i say go with what makes you happy. If i went by what the majority of people on here think about my truck i would have sold it by now.

I just wanted to spread some knowledge that there was no need to section the plastic. There are numerous ways you could fill that.

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
Exactly i say go with what makes you happy. If i went by what the majority of people on here think about my truck i would have sold it by now.

I just wanted to spread some knowledge that there was no need to section the plastic. There are numerous ways you could fill that.

I work on this stuff everyday. No matter what you use to fill it, it will eventually fade back where the lettering was (i.e. the clear will die back 1st, and then it will start to flex and tiny cracks will appear.) We have tried with numerous products and the results always end up the same. I just didnt want to have to mess with it down the line, it really doesnt bother me that much to worry about it. Im actually shocked as to how many people on here are offended by it. I could understand if the whole car was "cobraized" but its far from it. The hood has grown on me but I still want to get that cowl from Cervinis. Ill just have to wait, there are alot more things to spend $$ on. (namely the parts for turbo kit, 6 speed parts are being ordered now, just lacking pedals and a stick computer.)

On the CCW's.........dont care for them anymore, Boze Mesh wheels FTMFW!

mesh_bg.gif

http://www.zeforged.com/images/wheels/ze/mesh_bg.gif

Thanks for all the opinions, good and bad. I just wanted something different, thats not like every other mustang out there, yet is not overstated or gaudy. I think we accomplished that with the paint and body parts. The wheels, Id love to have (boze mesh) but at $710 per wheel, thats just outta my league.

Users who are viewing this thread