Something Big Is Coming

My94GT

Established Member
People are so butt hurt over the demon it’s priceless. Fact is dodge did run the time they claimed it to. Sure it was in perfect conditions and it’s yet to be replicated but it happened.

The average joe rarely achieves what a car is truest capable of anyway. So as long as people are enjoying it who cares. Maybe I’m the minority but a factory backed car that can run 9s and be legally tagged and street driven is a damn good achievement and deserves respect.

All that aside, dodge is pumping out exciting products and creating competition in an otherwise thought dead arena with everyone more worried about MPGs over HP these days.

Dodge is also creating cars that perform well all while keeping them at a price point where it is feasible the average joe could attain one. Personally I love it and I hope we see competitive vehicles to come out of ford and Chevy more regularly as well.

Cliff notes- it’s a great time to be a car guy when idiots are out here bad mouthing 9 second rides lol

Recon

Established Member
yes, but one that looks similar to the beautiful, classic design of the 68-70 version. not this fugly 4-door thing they have. dodge did a terrible disservice to the great charger nameplate when they came out with a 4-door musclecar. smh

the challenger is awesome, though - they nailed the look of the original design almost perfectly.

Almost as bad as what they did to the Dart.

Pick your poison.

oldmachguy

Established Member
. . . Looks like the 426 Hemi is coming back. Curious about the elephant footprints over the hellcat. Could be a hellcat successor? I initially thought this was going to be a 6.4 replacement but maybe not.

Car in the video is a late '60's - early '70's sheet metal Mopar. Maybe a 1969 Coronet or 1970 Charger R/T (?) - except the side mirrors look off. Scoop looks reminiscent of many custom scoops done back in the day. Here's a homemade 1975 Hemi Duster with a cool scoop.

hemi5.jpg

Dodge is definitely telegraphing what to expect: a big car with a big thunderous engine.

Tacticalriflema

Established Member
Car in the video is a late '60's - early '70's sheet metal Mopar. Maybe a 1969 Coronet or 1970 Charger R/T (?) - except the side mirrors look off. Scoop looks reminiscent of many custom scoops done back in the day. Here's a homemade 1975 Hemi Duster with a cool scoop.

View attachment 1524700

Dodge is definitely telegraphing what to expect: a big car with a big thunderous engine.

That's the hood scoop off of a factory HEMI racecar in '67 ...... the RO/WO Dodge and Plymouth B bodies. FYI

Coiled03

Established Member
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Come get the greatest Mustang Ford has to offer!

Now with a motor that consumes oil and blows itself up!

you're right. :D

Yeah, yeah.

Sales numbers say it all. Just sayin'....

By the way.....**** Dodge and Mopar.

Coiled03

Established Member
wonder what percent of said purchasers offloaded the cars within 6 months however.....

bet it would be a shocking percentage.

Wut? Why would you think that? Majority are cheap-o 6-bangers that people tend to keep.

Eh....nevermind. Thread derail. Let the Dodge slurping continue.

Zemedici

Established Member
Wut? Why would you think that? Majority are cheap-o 6-bangers that people tend to keep.

Eh....nevermind. Thread derail. Let the Dodge slurping continue.

I'm solely referring to top dogs, I don't give a shit about a turbo 2 liter or a v6 lolol (I know that contributes to total sales, but I'm only interested in the top shelf trims)

but yes, gargle gargle Dodge.

csc427

Established Member
You're comparing a 300k tuned car?

You guys seriously don't like a blown American v8 Pony car that can run 9s stock and comes with a warranty?
Blows my mind. I’d buy 2 gt500,’s if they ran those times stock with warranty. Makes no sense the hate. The cars not for me, but no denying it’s awesome to even be offered.

csc427

Established Member
Dodge claims and promotes the shit out of it running a specific time. That no one has hit in prime season, as every nut hanger says "just wait, it's coming", when? Doesn't matter who built it, if Ford or GM did the same, I would expect everyone to rag on it just the same.

Lots of Demon owners don't like chasing the unattainable, as we won't see a 9.65@140 in the configuration they claim stock. Pretty sure the closest was a tuned Demon.

Dodge sold the equivalent of a claw machine to owners promising them they will get the big prize in the corner, too bad it's rigged to only let you win the squeaky toy.

@dannydarko11
If I recall, one of the big claims on the 13/14 gt500 was 200+mph stock. Also, never replicated. No one seems to care though. Motor trend got mid 190’s.

Users who are viewing this thread