Sonic 600...my quest for a 600rw eaton combo. yes I said eaton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I knew there would be negative nancy's. If a tough feat to accomplish. since we are talking dynojet numbers, I would light my car on fire if I spent $4K on a blower and made 26hp more than a posi race port with an upper and lower on 93. That's another reason for this build. 20 degrees of timing is low. pretty muh standard timing is 23 degrees for an eaton equipped car. There are more than a couple 540-550 rwhp and twtq posi ported eatons. A good friend has a little ole vmp on his yellow cobra. makes 656 SAE and traps 138. 4lb lower, longtubes and a 2.6 upper. what does your underperforming combo trap?

I've never taken mine down the 1/4. No sense in bashing, good luck with your quest. I'll remember to stay out of your threads. You seem to be the almighty of 03-04 cobra knowledge.

Freakingstang

Established Member
That really wasn't bashing. you said you didn't believe in the larger tb thoughts... that's because you simply aren't spinning it hard enough to need the extra cfm of the larger tb, so it won't benefit it. you also have a much larger blower. if you want to see big numbers you have to spin them. that's also why the VMP outshines much larger displacement blowers, because the larger blowers need tons of rpm, tons of timing and E85/race fuel to achieve big power.

RichM1983

Established Member
Thats pretty cool and it looks like your been spending some major time in the garage. Keep up the good work.

03DSGGT

Established Member
Nice work Freak, I'm looking forward to dyno numbers, and more importantly track times...way to think outside the box :rockon:

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
Lots of work here, and coming from a different angle as well.

You have over come lots of hurdles, change one thing cause yourself 5 other problems....

Should be interesting how it turns out good luck

Freakingstang

Established Member
Yeah. This isn't for the weak at heart. It wasn't a cheap venture by anymeans and wouldn't be cost effective for anyone looking to buy this setup.

M112 blower. 250-400 used
H122 blower 250-500 used
Accufab plenum 100-150 used
H122 plenum 50-250 used

Paying someone to make a rotor spacer, 200
Paying someone to port it. 5-700
Paying someone to weld it. ???? 5-1k?

Doin it myself and having a buddy give me a case, another buddy giving me his old Shelby blower...
I'm in it time, welding materials and 40 bucks in aluminum stock..

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Steve you have come a long way since we last spoke. In the end, if you make your projected numbers or not I am sure you have gained a considerable amount of knowledge you can share with others looking to venture beyond the norm. Good luck and keep us posted with updates.

blk02edge

Established Member
This is the kind of stuff I like to see, good luck!

yzingerslinger

Established Member
I made that power (600/640 tq) with a ported Eaton, high compression MMR2500s and e85 it can be done.

I'm impressed with your build you have going. Keep up the good work.

Freakingstang

Established Member
I made that power (600/640 tq) with a ported Eaton, high compression MMR2500s and e85 it can be done.

I'm impressed with your build you have going. Keep up the good work.

AWESOME.. Very few have. What was your fuel system. I plan on keeping it return for this year but want to spray a 100-125 on top of it. My biggest quest will be on 93 as E isn't readily available here. What did your car run if you don't mind me asking?

yzingerslinger

Established Member
AWESOME.. Very few have. What was your fuel system. I plan on keeping it return for this year but want to spray a 100-125 on top of it. My biggest quest will be on 93 as E isn't readily available here. What did your car run if you don't mind me asking?
I ran a set of Ford GT pumps with a KB BAP and 80# injectors with stock rails and lines :) pump duty cycle under full load was 70%

The car iced down with a full pull at 25* timing made 672 tq at the tire on a dyno dynamics local heart breaker dyno :)

I'm currently finishing up a new teksid build with 11.4:1 compression and full return system and 18# from the littly posi Eaton Dragon combo. This car pissed off a lot of people in Tulsa

Freakingstang

Established Member
I ran a set of Ford GT pumps with a KB BAP and 80# injectors with stock rails and lines :) pump duty cycle under full load was 70%

The car iced down with a full pull at 25* timing made 672 tq at the tire on a dyno dynamics local heart breaker dyno :)

I'm currently finishing up a new teksid build with 11.4:1 compression and full return system and 18# from the littly posi Eaton Dragon combo. This car pissed off a lot of people in Tulsa

Tha'ts effin' awesome. That's part of the reason I attempted this years ago because people just went and bought bigger blowers instead of doing some homework and research, also part of keeping the stockish look. It's just a heavy vert with an Eaton..must be slow...

yzingerslinger

Established Member
Tha'ts effin' awesome. That's part of the reason I attempted this years ago because people just went and bought bigger blowers instead of doing some homework and research, also part of keeping the stockish look. It's just a heavy vert with an Eaton..must be slow...
uploadfromtaptalk1436811269700.jpeguploadfromtaptalk1436811279229.jpeguploadfromtaptalk1436811314412.jpg

It can be done with ease of you build the motor and hose her down with some e85. My car looks very easy to beat up on being an Eaton car but many have been terminated in the process lol

It's fun with the Eaton but I'm looking to bolt on a TVS at the tune of 21# and see what breaks.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
This is awesome, can't wait to see what numbers you get and especially the track times.

4601S/C

Established Member
Awesome work! Can't wait to see a video of it running!

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
As a self porter myself this is awesome to see! You definitely have my and others attention! Keep the updates coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread