Spy Shots—Ford Mustang Mach 1 Caught With Bullitt Interior, Six-Speed Manual

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're right. Not arguing that a 351c is a big block. Just saying that the shaker in the mach and the big block in the boss were the real deal. Not what we are getting today from ford, at least in the old school way of thinking. Which I like. Big nasty throaty engines with tons of torque.
Okay, so we're on the same page. ;) I do miss the Fords from back in the mid '60s to early '70s. Along with the Shaker hoods and huge Boss intakes. Ford offered engine options galore to satisfy everyone. But.....horsepower and torque in today's high-performance Mustangs far exceeds anything Ford offered back in '69-'70. Sound wise, though, nothing beats the thunder of those '69 & '70 big blocks, for sure. And visually, IMO those Mustangs trump what Ford produced.

My two favorite years are '69 and '70. My favorite packages were the Boss 429 and the Super CobraJet 428 Mach. Both made a bold and beautiful statement both visually and audibly.

1970-boss-429-mustang.jpg

864050a6efe7f507d20357976986732a.jpg

AssPikle

Established Member
Okay, so we're on the same page. ;) I do miss the Fords from back in the mid '60s to early '70s. Along with the Shaker hoods and huge Boss intakes. Ford offered engine options galore to satisfy everyone. But.....horsepower and torque in today's high-performance Mustangs far exceeds anything Ford offered back in '69-'70. Sound wise, though, nothing beats the thunder of those '69 & '70 big blocks, for sure. And visually, IMO those Mustangs trump what Ford produced.

My two favorite years are '69 and '70. My favorite packages were the Boss 429 and the Super CobraJet 428 Mach. Both made a bold and beautiful statement both visually and audibly.

View attachment 1646303

View attachment 1646304
I couldn't agree more. I kinda wish I was born in the 40s so I could have enjoyed the 60s cars when they were new.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

View attachment 1646303

View attachment 1646304

My god those are beautiful

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They really are. They are timeless IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
So it is 480HP, not 515. That is the same as bullitt. Gt350 manifold and oil cooler.

Bullitt had the same 6 speed as GT, Mach 1 gets the gt350 tremec and cooler.

Some rear IRS goodies from the GT500 and stiffer sway bars.

the standard magnum 500 wheels are wider than bullitt and with handling pacakage you get gt350 wider wheels. Handling pack also give GT500 spoiler.

Larger front splitter on mach vs GT performance pack 1. Under body pan is also more coverage than GT performance pack, offering more downforce.

So, this doesn't offer much more over a PP? The only real upgrade you get is the Tremec, some aero and addtional cooling. Correct me if I am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread