Spy Shots — 2021??? C8 Corvette Z06

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

i-hrvb9jm-x2.jpg

Here’s a prototype of the upcoming Corvette C8 Z06 undergoing testing.

All prototypes spotted feature a staggered wheel/tire configuration, with the rear tires being particularly wide. Compared to a “regular” Stingray that is also part of the convoy (along with a Ferrari 458 and Porsche GT2 RS), the eighth-gen Z06 has a wider stance. There’s camo covering what is imagined to be carbon-fiber wheels. Also note the center-exit dual exhaust, which is the first time this kind of exhaust configuration has been seen on the C8.

The Z06 accelerates rapidly, rowing through the first few gears to escape traffic. The high-pitched revs produced by the car are very distinct and are unlike anything else seen from the Corvette lineup throughout its history. A high-revving DOHC 5.5L V8 is expected to be under the hood, based on the racing motor introduced in the C8.R last year.

i-6cq5vjx-x2.jpg

fangstang

Established Member
Cant wait. I just want it to be a real Z06 again. No power adders. Hopefully it weighs less too.

stangfreak

Established Member
wow DOHC. hahahaha. smaller displacement. Funny how things change. I remember taking my cobra to the hang out spots here on long island back in 2003. all I heard from the ls guys was, oh dohc cam sucks, chevys ls motors are better, you need a supercharger to go fast, blah blah blah. Now gm uses blowers and now they developed a dohc motor lol. ahh fun times. damn Im getting old.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Exciting news for sure, Sid. The entire C8 line is exciting. Can't wait to read the reviews when the Z06 is officially launched. And I'm also looking forward to hearing it sing.
upload_2020-6-29_20-24-13.png

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Cant blame them going for a DOHC. They have seen the success ford has had with them.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Chebby been crushing DOHC cars with Stone Age single cam / pushrod tech, can’t wait to see how this chebby DOHC car will dominate.

Fur’d fanbois gonna cry like antifa cucks. Lol

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Chebby been crushing DOHC cars with Stone Age single cam / pushrod tech, can’t wait to see how this chebby DOHC car will dominate.

Fur’d fanbois gonna cry like antifa cucks. Lol

Actually its the dodge boats that are crushing all of them.

My94GT

Established Member
This. We dont need more power, we need less weight and traction.....
I’ll be curious to see what dodges announcement is they are making Thursday about their vehicle line up. They are hinting at something new but it’s likely just a hell cat Durango and charger red eye. It would be cool if they gave a bit more balanced platform at this point in the game just to mix it up in their line up.

cam346

Established Member
Gee, flat plane crank, DOHC, carbon fiber wheels. Now, where have I heard of those aspects before?
ford wasn't the first to do these things. but sense your saying that, chevy had over air update othere cars in 19 and 20,ford starting with 21 f150. remote start was on gm 2013 ford just started on the 20 gt500. nissian had surround cameras before both ford and gm. now everyone has them.

guzie

Established Member
ford wasn't the first to do these things. but sense your saying that, chevy had over air update othere cars in 19 and 20,ford starting with 21 f150. remote start was on gm 2013 ford just started on the 20 gt500. nissian had surround cameras before both ford and gm. now everyone has them.

Ford was doing over the air updates and remote vehicle start before the vehicles you stated. My wife’s 2017 escape had these for example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guzie

Established Member
Ford was first to do DOHC and flat plane crank in America. They were the first in the world doing it at 5.2 liters. Europe was doing flat plane crank v8 but in less than 5 liter engines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread