Squid karma (motorcycle accident)

Dusten

Established Member
I get tired of hearing this "proper gear" online chest thumping.

You seriously get dressed in leathers, head to toe every time you ride?

I've not seen anyone dressed like that in at least 3 summers.

Jeans, Jacket, helmet and gloves? Sure, I see that. Full leathers and MX style boots? Never.

Depending on what hit her ankle a MX boot may not have even saved her.

Neither looked like they got much Roadrash and both where wearing helmets.

If you want to talk safety, give up on the motogp leathers and just try and get people in helmets with proper eyepro.

Did I say ****ing full leathers? I've never ridden in full leathers, but even good riding boots would have helped immensely.
Boots, gloves, helmet, jacket, riding denim.

Machdup1

Established Member
It was crushed between the car and bike on impact.
This. Happened to a guy i worked with when a car pulled in front if him. Shattered every bone in his foot. The bones are now dead and he will never walk right again. It is a risk you accept if you ride.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
This. Happened to a guy i worked with when a car pulled in front if him. Shattered every bone in his foot. The bones are now dead and he will never walk right again. It is a risk you accept if you ride.

Yup. A coworker was a few months away from retirement was sitting at a red light on his soft tail. Some women on a phone just whipped out of the target parking lot and t-boned him.

"OMG I didn't see him!!"

Car smashed his knee into the bike and they had to amputate it at the knee.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Classless use of the camera.....

Total dick comment at the end.

That driver was clearly shaken up and that ****stain had the audacity to question her/him like that.
Sucks the passenger got hurt, when it clearly should have been the driver's body and his head that should have been seperated.

Dusten

Established Member
Yup. A coworker was a few months away from retirement was sitting at a red light on his soft tail. Some women on a phone just whipped out of the target parking lot and t-boned him.

"OMG I didn't see him!!"

Car smashed his knee into the bike and they had to amputate it at the knee.
This was my buddies leg after skin gears and some major surgeries from a similar incident

IMG00211-20090914-1758-1.jpg

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Classless use of the camera.....

Yup, totally agree. I don't have a problem with having fun doing wheelies, BUT ONLY, if it is in an area that can only harm/effect YOU.

I just got a bike and have three HD cameras. I have a GoPro on my helmet, one on the handlbars looking at me, and another that I will mount facing behind me. That shit isn't there to boost my ego or catch me doing stupid shit. It is there because I recently was hit in an intersection due to an old lady running a red light (much like this video). Because people ****ing SUCK, not one person who witnessed the accident pulled over to be a god damn witness or even checked to see if we were okay with my airbags having been deployed. Because of that bullshit, it became my word against hers. Luckily my insurance covered me, but it was still absolute bullshit that I was put in that situation because of some ****s stulidity. I will never ride/drive without a dashcam again.

Also, I picked the largest insurance coverage I could get with AAA (excellent insurance, will never go elsewhere) because of the added risks of riding.

Last edited:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Anyone else realize that the entire group of bikers were all about to run that red, following the leader? The only thing that stopped them was that car

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
How the **** does this video stop you from wanting a bike? Your statement basically says "I'm as dumb as this guy, and would do dumb shit with zero self control"

What this video should prove to you is that if you're an imbecile don't ride a motorcycle. If you're a responsible adult, you shouldn't fear owning a bike. Does bad shit still happening because of other people? Sure, could a lot of the injuries in this video have been prevented.

Just a thought, maybe he was more focused on the fact that whether it was the bikers fault or not, the results of a car vs bike interaction turned him off at the very idea of stepping foot on a bike.
Exactly my point. After seeing car vs bike just not worth it to me.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow! The aftermath was very hard to watch. I remember many years ago my daughter (then only 17) went for a ride on a bike on night. Her first time on a bike. The guy went 120+ on the Interstate, which she wasn't prepared for. She expected a normal ride and normal speeds because she knew the guy. She was scared as hell. That was the last time she ever rode on a bike.

Bad things can happen in an instant when bad decisions are made. The driver of the bike that crashed will not only be prosecuted and likely sued, but he will bear the memory of this horrific incident for the rest of his life. I can only imagine the pain this girl's family endured as well. Drive safe and be safe everyone. Bikes or cars or trucks or any other vehicle.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I feel bad for the girl and the driver of the car... The rider should have the book thrown at him...

Xx_Black-out

Dilly Dilly
Established Member
Anyone have experience on that type of injury, what's her likely outcome? I've seen a lot of accidents but can't say I've ever seen a foot ripped off before.

<----disregard avatar lmao

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'm no doctor, and I tried not to look at the foot much, but I imagine whether or not she got to keep her foot depended on damage to muscles/tendons/blood vessels in the area and whether or not they could reattach them all.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Riding shoes or boots would have probably prevented her de-footing. Heck, I wear my Dainese riding shoes pretty much every day, whether I'm riding or not. Built in armor, padding and sole protection. Plus they don't look like riding shoes. It looks like the driver of the bike was wearing something similar.

dainese_street_biker_air_shoes_carbon_red_zoom.jpg

Blackoyote

Established Member
I've been abstaining from watching this full length video until now (saw the impact part on FB the day it posted), but had to finally watch the whole thing. I can't believe the guy had the balls to ask the car driver twice, in a guilt trip fashion, if she didn't see them coming...he should be feeling pretty bad, that's 100% his fault for being a ****ing dumbass.

Why in God's name would anybody ever think it's a good idea to haul ass through a red light, especially when you can clearly see there are cars moving toward the intersection?!

And yes...proper riding boots would have significantly increased her chances of that foot staying attached.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Riding shoes or boots would have probably prevented her de-footing. Heck, I wear my Dainese riding shoes pretty much every day, whether I'm riding or not. Built in armor, padding and sole protection. Plus they don't look like riding shoes. It looks like the driver of the bike was wearing something similar.

dainese_street_biker_air_shoes_carbon_red_zoom.jpg
I ride wearing a Dainese jacket, the brand is $$$ but one of the best.
I wish I could spend more on gloves, my alpine star gloves are shit. Never buying that brand again, both gloves ripped after having them for 3 months, and i dont even ride everyday :nonono:

I plan to get riding shoes/boots and they are $$$ too, so for now I just wear my Vibram USMC boots.

In for the outcome of what happened to the stupid rider who ruined his passenger's life.

TERMN8U

Established Member
Not only wont she be able to walk properly but she will also get fat now from not being able to exercise.
Her life will be drastically different from here out. ☹️

Users who are viewing this thread