SRT-4 tries, SRT-4 loses. 03 Cobra takes the crown.

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
We had just installed my new TB today, got it idling right and set the TPS to 0.98V. Couldn't have gone any smoother. Take it out for a test drive after a 10 minute idle (to let the computer re-learn), and decide to run to 7-11 for some ice cream. The 3 of us (including me) hop in the car, run to the store, get the goods and start heading back to my friends house.

Literally RIGHT before i pull out onto the 2-lane road, a red SRT-4 with 2 "thuggish" mexican/rican/cuban kids drive by and hit the BOV.

IT'S ON BIOTCHES.

I get behind them and give 1st and 2nd a nice WOT... let the whine of the S/C strike fear into their hearts. My friend in the passenger seat points to a side road, we turn and wait on the side of the road. The SRT-4 comes up beside us and wants to go... i say 3 honks. They think they're the hottest crap to hit the streets of FL. Boy were they ever mistaken...

We go from a low (10-20mph) 1st gear roll and on 3 honks we both drop the hammer. Hangs with me thru 1st and part of 2nd, then gets raped on top of 2nd, all of 3rd and half of 4th before we brake going uphill for a stop sign. By the time i hit the brakes there were at least 5 car lenghts between my rear bumper and his front.

YOU GOT SERVED.

We turn back and head to my friends house and laugh.

Guess they thought it was just another mustang.

jguerrero

Established Member
Must have been a pretty quick SRT-4 to keep up with you for a while. I would think 5 cars through your 4th gear makes a good showing for the little neon.

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
yeah, the car was decent. too bad it's passengers weren't very bright. also i had 3 ppl in my car.

still nothing compared to the 440whp SRT-4 that hangs around with us every now and then. :)

FSSNK

Established Member
Good Kill! Way to put those punks in their place. How often do you go out to Bithlo?

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by Devil Dog
What does the race of the people in the SRT have to do with anything?:shrug:
About as much as the color of the car means! He was just describing, let's not turn this into another PC race arguement :)

1 BLOWN V8

Established Member
Who knows the SRT4 could have had the stage 2 or even stage 3 turbo kit installed with other goodies. Ken
At least the SRT4 is a american car.

myfault

Banned
it would take far more than stage 2 for an srt4 to even hang with a STOCK cobra.... stage 3 is not/wont be out for who knows how long.

Pyro

Established Member
Those skittles are strong runners but their owners think too highly of them. With enough money, most cars are capable of running strong but for most SRT4 owners, this is the fastest car they've ever driven and think they can take every car on the road. It's actually a testament to the awsome value of the car..i.e. most kids can afford them.

Last edited:

2814v

Established Member
If you were use to beating on 96 civic's with fart cans, you would think your neon was the car to end all cars too.

myfault

Banned
Originally posted by 2814v
If you were use to beating on 96 civic's with fart cans, you would think your neon was the car to end all cars too.

my friend beat a bolt-on/cammed z06 to ~140 in his "neon"........... but thats nothing more than a 96 civic with a fart can right :rollseyes

ib6-ub9

Established Member
exhaust cut-out, custom intake, 100 shot, piggyback[/QUOTE]

These are the mods on the 96 civic and it beat a cammed bolt on z06,:lol: . I beat a 1.6 non vtec civic stripped out with intake exhaust and a 100hp nitrous kit from a 45mph roll with a 200lb friend and im a stock 99gt...... z06's must be getting slow these days.... describe in detail this car a little more:bored:

myfault

Banned
These are the mods on the 96 civic and it beat a cammed bolt on z06,:lol: . I beat a 1.6 non vtec civic stripped out with intake exhaust and a 100hp nitrous kit from a 45mph roll with a 200lb friend and im a stock 99gt...... z06's must be getting slow these days.... describe in detail this car a little more:bored: [/B]

wMzE4MTM3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Last edited:

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Originally posted by myfault
my friend beat a bolt-on/cammed z06 to ~140 in his "neon"........... but thats nothing more than a 96 civic with a fart can right :rollseyes

Sorry bud. A bolt on cammed z06's will run in the 11's with a decent driver. What's the fastest time an srt-4 has ran yet...

Users who are viewing this thread