St motorsports vs ret

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
RET FTW!!!! Mat TQ

My car has been tuned at gregs many times with many different set ups and currently working on another where i will go back to mastermind! He is the coolest and honest people around, not like other shops i have dealt with (not going to mention names) RET is the place to go in so-cal!

http://youtu.be/O4YZA-Z0gqo

Last edited:

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
RET FTW!!!!!!!!! The best tuner hands down. Who can get u 718/748 on a whipple on 17 degreez of timing. Not 20 something like a lot of tuners do. So my vote goes for RET, u will not be disappointed Greg is a great guy.

Bob definetly can do with less timing and probably get more out of. Theres a reason his is Nmra champ every year.

racebronco2

Established Member
This thead is about ret vs st motorsports. You really don't need to keep posting how good bob is .... let it go. If people want to go to bob they can. His dyno day was full last week so what's the point. Are people supposed to wait 6 months for a tune? Each shop has there own happy customers. Those happy customers are not going to go to another tuner just because other people say someone else is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeperv6
RET FTW!!!!!!!!! The best tuner hands down. Who can get u 718/748 on a whipple on 17 degreez of timing. Not 20 something like a lot of tuners do. So my vote goes for RET, u will not be disappointed Greg is a great guy.

Bob definetly can do with less timing and probably get more out of. Theres a reason his is Nmra champ every year.
Today 10:42 PM

Say bob can get more hp ..... is it going to be woth 500.00 for a tune? Oh lets not forget he will have to wait how long? You really don't need to keep posting in this thread unless you have drag times of car around here.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
he has room for the 20-21st. yes its well worth it. And hes not impossible to get a hold of like jeremy said before. Just tryin help members out thats all, no reason to hate.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Btw thats not totally true because we have a few customers from some some of these listed shops trying out a kurgan tune.

Last edited:

iggster

Established Member
The thing I like best about Greg at ret, is he will respond to an email almost at anytime of the day or night. Not hard to get a hold of and will make time for your car to get tuned quick.

Btw this is st vs ret no one is asking about someone back east or different tuners. IMO if the car is highly modded mail order tunes is not the safe/right way to do it.

I knkw Greg won't mess around at all with mail order stuff.

racebronco2

Established Member
he has room for the 20-21st. yes its well worth it. And hes not impossible to get a hold of like jeremy said before. Just tryin help members out thats all, no reason to hate.

I contacted fiveliterfox on sunday and he said it's pracitally booked and he might be able to get a friend in if it's a simple tune. I'm only going by what he pm'd me, if it is wrong that's not on me. Not hating here. My friend needed a tune so i told him he could go see bob.

Btw thats not totally true because we have a few customers from some some of these listed shops trying out a kurgan tune.

Are they satisfied with their current tune? Why would someone shell out 500.00 for a tune to try it out. I guess if you have plenty of money.

Greg is a great guy, i met him about 7 years ago. I never received a tune from him because i was on strike from any sct products. I know that he has given several of my friends secret midnight tunes when they want to beat the rest of us. I call that excellent customer service.

racebronco2

Established Member
The thing I like best about Greg at ret, is he will respond to an email almost at anytime of the day or night. Not hard to get a hold of and will make time for your car to get tuned quick.

Btw this is st vs ret no one is asking about someone back east or different tuners. IMO if the car is highly modded mail order tunes is not the safe/right way to do it.

I knkw Greg won't mess around at all with mail order stuff.

Adam will not do mail order tune either, he will give you a tune to get it to the a shop for a tune but that's it. It's too easy to get bashed on a remote tune.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
If you 2 start shit and hyjack another thread with your bickering you both will be history. Understood?

I just had to delete 20 post of you 2 going back and forth with shit that has nothing to do with this thread.
Keep it on facebook.

There will be no other warning and Eddie you will be first since you seem to start it.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
If you 2 start shit and hyjack another thread with your bickering you both will be history. Understood?

I just had to delete 20 post of you 2 going back and forth with shit that has nothing to do with this thread.
Keep it on facebook.

There will be no other warning and Eddie you will be first since you seem to start it.

Ok forum popo:loser:

Be sure you read eveything before you start putting my name up accusing me. This little troll starts shit on every forum he is on. And everybody knows.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

Be sure you read eveything before you start putting my name up accusing me. This little troll starts shit on every forum he is on. And everybody knows.

I don't care what he does on other sites. Every time I've come across so far here you started it. You are the one getting reported.

And since you called me a loser......................

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

Hey Eddie, remember SPIT FIRE,
you managed to stay 2 years before getting caught. Pretty good IMO.

Bye bye.

Crazy88

Established Member
That sucks, did he let you know he turned them off?

Always two side to the story though, we don't know what kind of mechanical condition your motor was in, what gas you ran, who built the engine, what parts where used.

I can tell you bad stories from Steve, Danny,Greg,adam. You know what though in this hobby of ours shit breaks.

How they handle the problems is what should make up a reputation of a shop/person

NO he did NOT let me know he turned them off. i found out later that he did that cause he says that he's tuned them without it plenty of times and he felt it was ok. car smoked a bit but he still said it was fine for tuning. used 110 race gas from his shop. He pretty much said **** off since it was just a neon. IMO truthfully in the end it was a combination of both tuner and builders fault. i found out the hard way. oh well **** it live and learn, i now have a better built motor and car is running better, made 510hp and 497tq with E85 @26psi here in Texas and im going back with bigger injectors and more boost.

Damn whats up man long time no talk. Still haven't gotten the cobra yet? Are you in CA or TX right now? If your here next month come to the Knott's show and hang out for the day. It's on 4/22

wats up phil bro, sorry for the late reply, im actually back in texas now bro, u never did move down near SD huh? still havent got a cobra cause now im debating if i should wait it out and get a 5.0 or GT500 ya know the new beasts.... how ya been and how is the cobra doing?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread