Stalling after Long Tubes?

Nuar

Established Member
Do you guys battle this bulls*it problem as well? My car stalls randomly, on a cold engine when i press the clutch in to coast or stop at a stop/red light.
I've been dealing with this as long as I've had the long tubes on. Initially I thought it was a bad o2 sensor which did pop up and got replaced but the problem persists. Now i replaced my o2 sensor again yesterday and on the way to work the damn thing stalled 4 times.... granted, I didn't get a chance to do an idle re-learn with the new sensor yet, but I am juat about certain this will continue even if i do it.

I am gettig so damn frustrated with this damn thing!

Do you have the stalling issue? Did you in the past and got it solved? What did you do to correct the problem? Who is your tuner?

Angry50

Established Member
have you tried scanning it to see if any codes appear? maybe try reloading the tune? have you contacted AED about the issue?

toomnymods

Established Member
i had the same issue untill i removed the extension harnesses for the front 02's.. since I've done that it has greatly improved. still idles rough till the motor warms up since I'm on e-85 though..

Nuar

Established Member
No o2 extensions on my car.
I have contacted Shaun, he told me its a long tubes issue because of the o2 sensor location that can't be tuned out.
Which is why I think its so strange that there aren't more posts like this, even if its to warn others before they decide to get long tubes.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
OP go with another tuner. This is 110% a tune problem. Plenty of people with LT's not having stalling issues.

SCalla1384

Established Member
My car would stall every once in a while after longtubes, I sent shaun a data log of it not stalling, he sent me a revision and no more problems.

It could be a very minor issue he overlooked. Any time you have an issue like that, always email your tuner.

scott_0

Established Member
man that sucks, Ive had long tubes (Pypes) on my car since March and honestly, it starts/drives (cold or warm) just like stock man, what headers do you have?

Speedwagon

Established Member
Hmmm.. Kinda scares me now on whether I should order long tubes or not.... Still have sometime to think about it. Maybe this just an isolated incident with the tune. Thanks for posting this regardless.

scott_0

Established Member
Hmmm.. Kinda scares me now on whether I should order long tubes or not.... Still have sometime to think about it. Maybe this just an isolated incident with the tune. Thanks for posting this regardless.
dont let it scare you man, there are many more people with no issues than there are with issues with long tubes, OP might just have an ecm thats one of the problem children that are known to cause tuning issues

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I have the same problem. My installer for all my engine mods, said contact the tuner, the tuner said vacuum leak and blamed the installer. My car doesn't really idle rough, cant has trouble maintaining idle when I coast into a light in neutral and stalls often. Once its up to about 200* (warmed up) the idle still struggles but doesn't stall as much. My tuner was not AED, but another highly touted one in whom I have zero confidence as he sent me about 5-6 "idle adjustments" with very little improvement.

I'm going to end up getting it retuned/re-dynode at some point, just finding the right one in my area is a PITA!

Gremlin85

Established Member
I guess some have stalling issues and others do not.

I ran my LT's with catless mids for a couple months WITHOUT a tune and it never stalled on me. I guess my car just likes them.

I needed to do almost no adjusments to my tune to get it to idle right. It's a little hunty when it's cold out, but it levels out just fine.

Nuar

Established Member
I am at a loss, no clue what to do next. I'll try bumping up my idle a little bit and do an idle relearn today, hope that helps.
my issue comes up only on a cold engine, never had any problems once warmed up

Nuar

Established Member
I highly doubt Shaun wouldn't be able to find a solution... he's one of the top tuners in the country for crying out loud :/

Shaun@AED

I just reviewed the data logs you sent on 7/11 and it looks like you are not running the Long Tube modified tune. Idle is set to 775 in the tune for the long tubes, logs show 700. Fueling also does not line up log vs tune.
Likely an error when you were transferring the tune to the Xcal.

Nuar

Established Member
Well that would explain a thing or two.
Would you mind sending the files to me again please? Just in case they got corrupted somehow?
Thanks for looking into this for me again!

Shaun@AED

Well that would explain a thing or two.
Would you mind sending the files to me again please? Just in case they got corrupted somehow?
Thanks for looking into this for me again!

Please email me and include your Xcal serial number. I can not send anything via PM's or via SVTP and I do not have your email address on file (I checked).
[email protected]

Nuar

Established Member
Very very weird, the first time my car got any kind of tuning was when the longtubes and cold air intake went on, it was stock with a catback before that.

Nuar

Established Member
Honestly, i don't think so.
though it did throw a code p2254. I cleared the code and it hasn't come back. I ended up changing the sensor yesterday anyway though and the car is acting exactly the same.
I emailed with Shaun a little bit and he said the logs look like I am running the base tune he sends for datalogs, which i am CERTAIN I did not load.
the only thing i can think of is when i was loading my final tunes i to the xcal, something happened where the original base tune file did not get overwritten during the transfer.
He sent me the final tunes again and I qill try that when I get home from work.
Keeping my fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread