Stalling after Long Tubes?

redline5.0

Established Member
My car surges on a e85 tune from aed even after warmed up but I'm also running the cj and scj tb. I was able to bump up the idle which helped but every once in a while it goes crazy and rev's up and down until it stalls itself out or a blip the throttle. He was able to fix it on the 93 tune, guess I'll email him again to see if he can do anything about it.

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
Returning tune back to stock, going to do all the updates on the sct and load up the final tunes again. Then (if all goes well, knock on wood) i'll go for a drive to do an idle re-learn.
I will be so damn happy if this will be my fix.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
my cold idle sucks balls, but no stalling
Are you on pump gas or e85?
My car surges on a e85 tune from aed even after warmed up but I'm also running the cj and scj tb. I was able to bump up the idle which helped but every once in a while it goes crazy and rev's up and down until it stalls itself out or a blip the throttle. He was able to fix it on the 93 tune, guess I'll email him again to see if he can do anything about it.
Thats wierd I ran the same setup on e85 and never had any issues.
Go figure, updater is stuck on the update, not progressing at all the past 10 minutes.
Welcome to sct. Its happened to me more then once.

Nuar

Established Member
I unplugged it, restarted the lame updater program and now it seems to be going... sheesh...

Nuar

Established Member
Well, new tunes are in and just took the idle re-learn drive. The car feels more responsive already. True test will be the morning drive to work, but i am starting to feel optimistic!

Shaun@AED

Well, new tunes are in and just took the idle re-learn drive. The car feels more responsive already. True test will be the morning drive to work, but i am starting to feel optimistic!

You mean *old* tunes. ;-)
I did not do any tune updates, just resent the final versions from 4/9/14

Nuar

Established Member
Yeah, so let that be a lesson to everyone. If possible DELETE the tunes on your xcal before uploading new ones, at least that is what I will be doing from now on. The damn handheld screwed SOMETHING up along the way and the new tunes never overwrote the old base tunes I had on there.

Thanks for the help Shaun! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow morning.

redline5.0

Established Member
Yeah, so let that be a lesson to everyone. If possible DELETE the tunes on your xcal before uploading new ones, at least that is what I will be doing from now on. The damn handheld screwed SOMETHING up along the way and the new tunes never overwrote the old base tunes I had on there.

Thanks for the help Shaun! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow morning.

Ya the sct3 jacked up my fuel pump tune from shaun. I beat my head on the wall for awhile until he mentioned removing tunes or loading tunes into different slots and then it worked.

Nuar

Established Member
It's unbelievable how buggy those damn xcals are ... and yet SCT is still making a killing on them...

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
If your familiar with pc's always do a clean install when updating drivers. It removes the old 1st then installs the new. This way there are no trace files that mix. Handhelds are small computers, they need love to!

Nuar

Established Member
Quick update.
The car didn't stall at all on the way to work this morning!
Seems to be doing a lot better over all.

I'll keep you guys updated on how it holds up for the rest of the week (if anyone cares lol).

Angry50

Established Member
great! when you update your scanner do you put the car back to stock first? im always afraid of putting it back to stock then updating scanner and something going wrong. as my car probably wouldn't run awesome on stock tune.

Nuar

Established Member
Yeah i did, i was worried too.
it got stuck on the update the first time. I waited and waited. Finally i said fu** it and i closed the program, unplugged the tuner, and started all over again. 2nd time it worked no problem.

scotmach

Established Member
Quick update.
The car didn't stall at all on the way to work this morning!
Seems to be doing a lot better over all.

I'll keep you guys updated on how it holds up for the rest of the week (if anyone cares lol).
Good to hear Derek and keep this thread updated please.

Nuar

Established Member
Well, today on the way back from work, my AFR display froze at 14.0, but no check engine lights or anything... I opened my Torque app and this is what i found

Screenshot_2014-09-26-15-30-30_zps39vt2edq.png

Screenshot_2014-09-26-15-35-24_zpsf7yw1nxk.png

Nuar

Established Member
I shut the engine off at home, let it sit a minute, fired it back up and it was reading AFR like normal and the app didnt find the fault anymore...

*shoots himself in the face*

Users who are viewing this thread