Steeda Bracket Fits Perfect

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Installed the radiator bracket but caught the devil with mounting the swaybar. Holes were a tid bit off and since I'm not totally healed had to wait until my brother came by to install the swaybar. Nice fit and finish. Will finish mounting the last dust shield tomorrow. Just have to drill a few holes in the Z bracket to reinstall the screws. Pics are poor because it was dark. If anyone wants better ones let me know and tomorrow will take better ones before I close it back up.
img0738gu.jpg

img0739az.jpg

img0740m.jpg

img0741z.jpg

Install the gauges and that will be the last mod until the motor comes out:rollseyes

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Nice, I like that over the BMR one. If you can post some better pics, that would be great. I'll have to add this to the list when I install the CR heat exchanger and radiator in September.

CPRsm

Yep, noticed a few pics since I got mine. The tab on mine is on the bottom where most I see are on the top. That would account for the low radiator.

Unleashed, that Gif awesome until you look at the vid and she smiles lol. Too much botox maybe ? Somethin' ain't right Hahaha

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Looks great. An draw backs that you notice? An yes more pics please

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Tried taking a few more pics. Now understand I did the best I could since the car is only 12 inches off the ground.
img0762gr.jpg

Top that off with a cheap camera and there you have it. A lift would make things much better lol. It sits snugly on the supports and it snug with the top supports so I'm glad there wasn't a big gap.
img0760ks.jpg

img0753ej.jpg

img0752wq.jpg

You do have to bend the brakeline slightly to the contour to keep it from hitting but not hard a all. Even has provisions to reuse the factory clips
img0751b.jpg

img0750w.jpg

img0749ci.jpg

img0748fg.jpg

img0747u.jpg

I put the Z bracket back on for support plus it holds the rear shield on the car.
img0745nx.jpg

img0744tl.jpg

img0743e.jpg

img0742ki.jpg

The only thing that I say could have been improved was to weld a few tabs on the bar for the dust shield to be mounted to. No big deal went and picked up a few J hooks and just going to drill into the back cover attach the J hook and screw the middle cover to the rear since it's more than sturdy enough and will keep the factory appearance. I really like that the swaybar is retained and the assembly is very strong. Nice welds and sturdy from the tug test lol. I need a swaybar because not only do I play in the street the car sees track duty when I have the time. I would defintely do the mod again.

Since I was in a good mood while under the car I drained the trans fluid which has to be the worst smelling fluid next to rearend oil and fork oil in motorcycles. Even took the welding machine out and installed the rear shock tower brace that has been sitting in the corner for the longest time. Don't think it will make a difference but will probably make some more noise lol.
img0754nf.jpg

img0755a.jpg

img0756zs.jpg

Got out the old harbor freight scissors and a few snips in the carpet to make some clearance and all went back together pretty decent. Made two good cuts on the first try. Might have found my calling in life.
img0757ad.jpg

img0758h.jpg

img0759bm.jpg

Working on installing a tee for the oil sending unit. Thing is a pain to get to. Will try and get it wrapped up tomorrow so I can run the wires and get the car on the ground. Hopefully will be finished by Saturday in time for a few more test passes with the Z to see where we stand. Still have to rotate the shifter 1 more click to five.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Yeah Zak with all the different colors going on starting to look like a box of crayolas under the car.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Dirty, report back asap about the ATF. I want to know if it fixed your 1-2 shift.

Unleashed, that Gif awesome until you look at the vid and she smiles lol. Too much botox maybe ? Somethin' ain't right Hahaha

Oh, you would still hit it. lol

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
unleashed i dont have a shift problem. thats why im nervous about messing with it

I didn't have a shift problem either, I just knew the transmission could be better. In colder weather, does your transmission feel more notchy when you first start driving the car? Then after it warms up, the shifts become smoother?

I need someone with the dreaded 1-2 shift problem to use this fluid and report the transmission performance after.

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I'm not help in the department. I don't take the car out when it's under 65 lol. Can't enjoy it in the cold so normally anything under 60 and it doesn't see the outdoors. Check the I cant shift thread with the 1-2 shift problem. There are a lot of people in there with the problem. I think if Amsoil fixes their problem they will praise you and the stock for Amsoil will go through the roof. That thread had me nervous about getting down on mine and snatching 2nd. I will defintely post the results though because I'm going to pump it in there tonight and drive it to work tomorrow if I have time.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Not a problem. Brother came over today and said let's get this wrapped up. So blew the dust off the fluid and got old faithful out.
img0770o.jpg

When I was done this is all that was left.
img0771k.jpg

Won't be able to drive for a few days. Have to get the T on for the oil done. Can't really get to it. Was going to hook the gauges up and see if they already monitor it but might as well do the T since I have the sensor kit because I really want hard data for oil pressure and boost. If the heat gives me a break this weekend will try and be done by Saturday and see how it feels with the tranny. Please don't grind pretty please.

Users who are viewing this thread