steg/stage 5 complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrenchturner04

One of 281
Established Member
Sometimes I wonder if bad business is better than no business.......?
I wonder if other porting companies read all of this and if it makes them feel better abou the way they run their companies?
If I were to ever purchase a ported blower for my car I feel I would go with the CURRENT BEST REPUTATION. (that is who I recommend)
I have nothing but GREAT things to say about my local porter who I will be writing a full review of at the end of the current build I am working on.
To many questions...... not enough truth
Like why until now did it not reveal its nasty face?
OR why not just refund the full amount and pass your work on to another paying customer?
It would not be the first time a **** ported blower was reworked by another ported.
You know who you are and the build is almost complete, sheets, numbers and pics in the near future! Thank you again for your professionalism!

sc98cbra

Established Member
Deleted? Really? :shrug: Please take another look.
Sid has stated many many times constructive criticism is fine. But all out vendor bashing will be removed.

Sid owns this site and nothing is done that he doesn't approve. He has removed and reinstated Vendor problem threads.
Depending on how they were written.

This thread is a perfect example. The OP made his point without bashing so the thread is still here.

Who defines the word "Constructive criticism?" I can guarantee you that what we, you and I, define as constructive criticism are nowhere near each other.

If the engine in my $20,000 car was as stake because of a poor quality weld I would be pissed too..

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
Well I'm glad my decision was to go with Posi until I'm able to buy my TS. thanks for posting this. My eyes are tired and I hate to read so much.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Once again Posi looks more appealing. At least that you'll know that Brian will take care of you.

Last edited by a moderator:

CobraMac

Established Member
Now you see where I'm coming from.

An assumption just like yours.

You make ZERO sense. I have made no assumptions in this thread, so therefore your argument is nullified, so just stop. Not to mention we all know that you love Steig and are on his side no matter WHAT is the argument. Any bad thread about steig you always post in and say that he is correct...and this is also apparent in your post history...so just stop.

WE DO NOT curse at our customer's,
Raelyn (who answer's the phone calls) has the best customer service EVER.
We have helped out guys who have never spent a dime with us.
I personally have spent many hours talking guys through there problems and in the end they found out it WAS NOT the blower.

This is a BLATANT lie....untrue to the bone. I am in no way bashing you, but I have heard two different recorded conversations of you (Bob) personally berating a customer and using obscene language, come on now, you know this wasn't true when you posted it. Yes Raelyn answers the calls and does have great customer service...but she is not the sole person talking on the phone every time. :nonono: Please just be honest

Last edited:

IceMan03

Established Member
You make ZERO sense. I have made no assumptions in this thread, so therefore your argument is nullified, so just stop. Not to mention we all know that you love Steig and are on his side no matter WHAT is the argument. Any bad thread about steig you always post in and say that he is correct...and this is also apparent in your post history...so just stop.

Man life must be hard for you, you say that you have made no assumption in this thread, that is what it looks like time and time again in this post and in your post history about any other thread that puts Steg and Posi in the same thread, so we know who you are defending and who you favor as well:poke:. Therefore your argument is nullified as well. I stand up for ANY business who has done all they can for a customer with a problem and tried to make it right, but when the customer doesn't want to hear it and it comes to situations and post like this there is nothing left to do or say that may change the customers attitude or feelings as well.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Man life must be hard for you, you say that you have made no assumption in this thread, that is what it looks like time and time again in this post and in your post history about any other thread that puts Steg and Posi in the same thread, so we know who you are defending and who you favor as well:poke:. Therefore your argument is nullified as well. I stand up for ANY business who has done all they can for a customer with a problem and tried to make it right, but when the customer doesn't want to hear it and it comes to situations and post like this there is nothing left to do or say that may change the customers attitude or feelings as well.

what makes someone "defend" another? especially when they dont even use their product (has a whipple listed) and when they are not friends (opposite sides of the country)? probably a little common sense..maybe paying attention to whats going on. I know this is just a "typical response from me" anyways. Maybe its from MY experiences with a different type of company, with a product I found to perform better as others have said themselves. Everything is NOT as it seems, especially on the internet. That takes some common sense to know and some cant grasp that for whatever reason.

The OP has nothing to lose by him telling the truth OR lying. But its consistant with other threads posted in the past...makes a reasonable prudent person think...

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Who defines the word "Constructive criticism?" I can guarantee you that what we, you and I, define as constructive criticism are nowhere near each other.

If the engine in my $20,000 car was as stake because of a poor quality weld I would be pissed too..

the site does

9. The SVTPerformance staff reserves the right to edit or delete any post/thread/etc we deem necessary.

02reaper

Established Member
no can do bro, i'm pushing it already. not trying to get banned to get thread deleted.

I don't understand how posting a soundbite of the conversation where he was hollering at you would be bashing. How is it bashing if it took place? What is it about that conversation is not allowed?

IceMan03

Established Member
what makes someone "defend" another? especially when they dont even use their product (has a whipple listed) and when they are not friends (opposite sides of the country)? probably a little common sense..maybe paying attention to whats going on. I know this is just a "typical response from me" anyways. Maybe its from MY experiences with a different type of company, with a product I found to perform better as others have said themselves. Everything is NOT as it seems, especially on the internet. That takes some common sense to know and some cant grasp that for whatever reason.

The OP has nothing to lose by him telling the truth OR lying. But its consistant with other threads posted in the past...makes a reasonable prudent person think...

"Don't belive everything on the internet, yeah he has listed a Whipple and a Turbo kit in his sig, how do we know that is correct being on internet?

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
This thread makes me really glad that I went directly from my Stage 4 ported Eaton to my Whipple 2.3.:bowdown:

To the OP - sorry to hear about the ordeal you've been through...:nonono:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
The BBB doesnt have a good thing to say about ole Stieg, file a report if you have had problems there.

BBB Review of Stiegemeier Porting Svc in St Charles, MO

In Bob's defense And I am NOT defending him, the BBB is a useless company that has no power to do a thing. If you pay them $$$ then magically you will never have a strike against you. Basically you pay them "protection $$ and you can get away with murder. It's illegal for the MOB to do it but a non profit like the BBB can get away with it. :shrug:

black 10th vert

Established Member
So, if I am understanding correctly what I read a couple of pages back... you can actually GAIN power by removing the "torque plate"? I definitely want to fix my blower correctly, but unless Steig agrees to pay shipping both ways, and fix the problem free, then I will probably just cut the damn plate out, and be done with it. I'm certainly not looking to spend more money to "fix" something that should have worked correctly in the first place. Bad enough that I have to incur the labor involved with taking it off again, and then having to put it back on yet again!:cuss: I guess everyone is right, it's probably better to just save your pennies until you can afford a Whipple, and just do this once!:bash:

dynobobstieg

WE DO NOT curse at our customer's,
Raelyn (who answer's the phone calls) has the best customer service EVER.
We have helped out guys who have never spent a dime with us.
I personally have spent many hours talking guys through there problems and in the end they found out it WAS NOT the blower.

We offered the op billy to return his supercharger unit from the very beginning back in June 2008. To bring the car to us and we would work on it mechanical and tuning issues at N/C to him but he said it was too far for him to come, understandable.
I did everything possible for him over the phone.
I would like to state that I did look up the pm and yes sid stated he contacted you, my mistake, I apologize.

We have always stated to stand behind our workmanship and always will.

Innovations are always a work in progress

We do approximately 500 blower units a year all makes and models.

We have been doing business the same way since 1989 and you can check with the bbb NOT 1 complaint to my knowledge.

Everyone has the right to their opinion and I am not perfect, but I have ran into a few ringers in my life time.

Latest Stage 5 port with weld.

Hot Rodding is a progression of perfection and here at Stiegemeier Porting we take it seriously, always striving to improve our products.
We not only initiated the mass produced ported blower, we continue with testing and advancements to find you, the customer, the most horsepower per dollar.
As you can see by these rarely seen photos, the quality is next to none.
You can own this series for $395 for Stage 5 or opt for our Stage 4 for the same price.
As alway's once you are a Stiegemeier Customer, you are for life.
All work carries a 1 year warranty.

Stage5weldpictures006.jpg

Stage5weldpictures015.jpg

Stage5weldpictures017.jpg

Stage5weldpictures032.jpg

Stage5weldpictures026.jpg

Obviously we need to repeat this

Thanks for looking, and if you have any questions you may call me at 636-949-2275 or PM me.

Yes, we are running a Sale:

$395.00 Stage 4 or 5
With Plenum and TB $475.00
With Plenum and TB (Welded PL)+12 RWHP $650.00
Front drive rebuilds $125.00 at time of porting
Lower Intake porting $165.00 at time of porting
We have BilletFlow pulley's $150.00 installed.

Stiegemeier

divided

Established Member
Well if you're saying you never curse at customers and OP is saying he has a recording of you guys doing just that, its clear what needs to be done.

OP post the tape!! Lets see who's telling the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread