Stranded, cobra died

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Thanks guys, I'll look into that. Insurance was just prepaid for the next 6 months, so hopefully I can get a refund or something.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Hang in there Dale. You have the best resource (MACA) on the planet when it comes to this sorta thing. Like others have said, get your head straight first, then make a rational decision. Whats that ol' saying....oh yeah, "when life hands you lemons.....MAKE 800RWHP!!!!". :beer:

LadyJame

Proud wife of a NAVY Vet!
Established Member
We had a "layover plan" on Paul's Cobra insurance. We got to choose 3 months out of the year that we didn't drive it and we got a discount on our insurance. This may apply to you, but you might be better off canceling the insurance all-together until it gets back on the road...especially if it will be longer than 3 months.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Dale, Billy just put in my reman'ed from Ford this week. Hope to get it back home tomorrow night. I was weighing the exact same numbers you were and the math was more simple with a swap. The engine goes through a rigorous testing before they send it out AND I get a warranty with it. Down at your mom's Jason can swap it out for good coinage and you will be happy. I will most likely hold on to the car for a while after I get it back and realize I would be foolish to sell it. I know. That's just me. Good luck with your soul searching. That's how I felt.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Dale if you do decide to go the new motor route, we can put it in here if necessary. Jason's would be easier due to the lift, but I'd rather swap the engine here than tear it apart because it'll take less time. Plus you could part out the other one and recoup at least a little of the cost.

TRBO VNM

Dale if you do decide to go the new motor route, we can put it in here if necessary. Jason's would be easier due to the lift, but I'd rather swap the engine here than tear it apart because it'll take less time. Plus you could part out the other one and recoup at least a little of the cost.

I am surprised it isn't already down here. I did let charles know he will probably be needed again. he just said it better not be raining and he is tired of pushing. :lol:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Dale, If you really want to go the cheap route the only way I see that happening is if you buy stock heads, and get some used pistons/rods out of an 03-04. If everything else is ok like the block, hopefully all it nees is a slight honing then that will get it back together fairly cheaply compared to buying a whole new shortblock and then selling the beast.
You could also sell some parts off the car and switch them back to stock before selling it. There is enough of us with stock parts to help you Im sure.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Jason, I sent Charles a message about it and never got a response.

Here is the engine I was talking about before. This would save me from having to buy a longblock from Ford, plus stock heads and rebuild the whole thing. Plus this is all out of a '96 so I know there would be no problem hooking it all back up. Seems like a good deal but again, it's a slightly used motor.

[ame=http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/showpost.php?p=716519&postcount=117]MPH Forums - View Single Post - Items For Sale Or Wanted[/ame]

TRBO VNM

dale, we just need to figure out when it can get here and I will set it up with charles. I need to get this mach1 done first and then I have room for yours. I will know better later today when the Mach should be done. waiting on the powdercoater.

as far as that motor, is it a MPH(modular power house) motor? I would check with who built it and just confirm things and while they probably wouldn't, see if they would still honor the parts or workmanship of the build. especially since there isn't a lot of miles on it.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Yeah listen to the guy who never posted updated stencil pics....

Ooh, thanks for reminding me!! I may re stencil those tonight.....

or attends GTG anymore even when they are at Matt's house

Oh, I'll be there Saturday BaxWax, don't you worry! Might have to school yo ass in some ladder golf if you and the yuppie shuttle make it!! :poke::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread