Strut Tower Brace

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
13-14 has a different ( Bigger) Blower and larger Displacement than the 10-12 I THINK.

Not sure if it’s the same block. Could be causing clearance issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
IMG_0615.JPG
The only one that'll fit is the FRPP brace. And it needs shimmed up slightly.

merkyworks

Established Member
13-14 has a different ( Bigger) Blower and larger Displacement than the 10-12 I THINK. Not sure if it’s the same block. Could be causing clearance issues.

07-12 ran the Eaton M122, three lob rotor pack with 2.0L of displacement.
13-14 ran the Eaton TVS R2300, four lob rotor pack with 2.3L of displacement.
5.4/5.8 block have some deck height, same stroke, etc., the main diff is the 5.8 has larger bores.

So any 07-14 GT500 running a TVS/VMP Gen1-2R/KB/Whipple is going to have issues running a strut tower brace, shimming it up will definitely be needed.

For me the real question is, is a strut tower brace really needed or it is just a bling factor?

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1608038 The only one that'll fit is the FRPP brace. And it needs shimmed up slightly.

I have the FRRP brace that @COOL COBRA has. It has not been polished yet. If interested, PM me and bring all your milk money

For me the real question is, is a strut tower brace really needed or it is just a bling factor?

This came up a year ago, same question. Some actually said it made a difference. I have not mounted mine yet to give 1st hand impression. I got it for the aesthetics

Last edited:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
View attachment 1608038 The only one that'll fit is the FRPP brace. And it needs shimmed up slightly.

07-12 ran the Eaton M122, three lob rotor pack with 2.0L of displacement.
13-14 ran the Eaton TVS R2300, four lob rotor pack with 2.3L of displacement.
5.4/5.8 block have some deck height, same stroke, etc., the main diff is the 5.8 has larger bores.

I have the FRRP brace that @COOL COBRA has. It has not been polished yet. If interested, PM me and bring all your milk money

This came up a year ago, same question. Some actually said it made a difference. I have not mounted mine yet to give 1st hand impression. I got it for the aesthetics
+1 to all of this. I had no trouble running the same brace until I upgraded my intake, throttle body, and elbow, after which clearance was more of an issue. Not sure they stiffen things in a noticeable way, but they look good.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a gen2r with JLT 123.....
It needs to be shimmed slightly to clear the inboard side of the intake tube.
I also run after market Konis so the stud length is longer than factory struts which helps to obtain that min 2 threads showing when installed

Users who are viewing this thread