supercharged ss trailblazer

Status
Not open for further replies.

NORCALSTI

Established Member
way the tranny is set up that 2nd gear is your sweet spot and out of mine, you hit third before me and then when i hit 3rd just powerband changes. good run. I wanna see the vids of me launching lol

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
lol get those ****ers up tonight!! i wanna see it!! come on! haha even though i lost i wanna see...o yea and on the second run i didnt bog i spun through all 3 gears even after getting off it and then getting back on it...it wouldnt stop spinning

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
HAHA Good Stuff!

Sounds like the issue with bogging is in the tune... 20blackone00 i assume you were on street tires? sounds like a good match up...

PS i got my L in Jan 2005, it was 4 years old...

NORCALSTI

Established Member
bda1855 said:
HAHA Good Stuff!

Sounds like the issue with bogging is in the tune... 20blackone00 i assume you were on street tires? sounds like a good match up...

PS i got my L in Jan 2005, it was 4 years old...

what is your mph and 60 foot on your 12.8 run?? my 12.7@109 came with a 2.1 60 foot and 1/8 mile 8.4 at almost 89 mph.

yah i talked to him about that there are many good shops out here and both that were mentioned to him ive seen a lot of guys that street race out here use them no probs with fords and they have turbo set ups also no probs. I understand he wants to stay with the mail order tune but if he cant get his problems resolved he might look into looking at the places we talked to him about. Once he moving the truck runs well just that off the line bog is whats killing him. On the freeway the truck runs well also just after he gets into third doesnt have enough power and my 3rd takes over.

What do lightnings weigh anyway? like 4800 pounds??? I think I have at least 500 pounds more weight than he did. Well I know with myself and my buddy in the truck prob that or more. Street tires I don't hook at all but on drag radials, well................ ill let the videos show how they work lol

Last edited:

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
NORCALSTI said:
what is your mph and 60 foot on your 12.8 run?? my 12.7@109 came with a 2.1 60 foot and 1/8 mile 8.4 at almost 89 mph.

yah i talked to him about that there are many good shops out here and both that were mentioned to him ive seen a lot of guys that street race out here use them no probs with fords and they have turbo set ups also no probs. I understand he wants to stay with the mail order tune but if he cant get his problems resolved he might look into looking at the places we talked to him about. Once he moving the truck runs well just that off the line bog is whats killing him. On the freeway the truck runs well also just after he gets into third doesnt have enough power and my 3rd takes over.

What do lightnings weigh anyway? like 4800 pounds??? I think I have at least 500 pounds more weight than he did. Well I know with myself and my buddy in the truck prob that or more. Street tires I don't hook at all but on drag radials, well................ ill let the videos show how they work lol

dont remember the MPH..

as far as top end, the L can be helped by a nice set of cams...

i ran a buddy of mine on the freeway, i had a 3# lower, he had a 6# lower.... we were about even when we hit it at about 60mph... by 80mph i was walking away from him... (cause of the heads and cams)

dont know how his motor is set up, the cams he is using or what.. but i have comp 278 cams and they are awesome...

Im liking the TBSS more everyday

NORCALSTI

Established Member
bda1855 said:
dont remember the MPH..

as far as top end, the L can be helped by a nice set of cams...

i ran a buddy of mine on the freeway, i had a 3# lower, he had a 6# lower.... we were about even when we hit it at about 60mph... by 80mph i was walking away from him... (cause of the heads and cams)

dont know how his motor is set up, the cams he is using or what.. but i have comp 278 cams and they are awesome...

Im liking the TBSS more everyday

oh ok yah i have stock everything internals and people ive raced have been liek my mid to top end pulls like crazy which it does and my tune is real conservative right now and my timing is set low also. With gettin in the tune and brining up timing to a safe level i can squeeze another 20-30 rwtq easy. I even have torque managment on the truck still which i can take off because of the built tranny. With 7 pounds of boost and a tune for that ill prob pump another 80 rwhp out of the thing Ill prob also set up a race gas tune with hptuners for 7psi.

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
im working on that tune and waiting for him to come back out here to get it on the dyno again...itll all get fixed and when i get new tires i think it would be a good race

NORCALSTI

Established Member
waiting on my buddy for the vids we need to put them up. if you get that bog down and drag rads will be a good run but not sure if your truck hooked on the street with drag rads like mine did. Also your 3rd will need a lot more power to keep up especaillly if i do the 7psi pulley

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
NORCALSTI said:
waiting on my buddy for the vids we need to put them up. if you get that bog down and drag rads will be a good run but not sure if your truck hooked on the street with drag rads like mine did. Also your 3rd will need a lot more power to keep up especaillly if i do the 7psi pulley

it didnt hook like u but it didnt spin all three gears like the street tires lol...but yea i think its just my tune with my top end to be honest...its all janky now that my cams were moved around 7 degrees witout a retune yet lol

NORCALSTI

Established Member
20blackone00 said:
it didnt hook like u but it didnt spin all three gears like the street tires lol...but yea i think its just my tune with my top end to be honest...its all janky now that my cams were moved around 7 degrees witout a retune yet lol

whenever you get the tune down tell me. Ill be waiting with 7psi meth injection and nitrous.

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
NORCALSTI said:
whenever you get the tune down tell me. Ill be waiting with 7psi meth injection and nitrous.

lol well then it wont be a race with ur nitrous...i need to either get a ported blower or a whipple...

NORCALSTI

Established Member
isnt it coming on its way your sig says

"On its way...Plenum and Throttle body, Cold Air Intake, 255LPH Fuel Pumps, 60lb injectors,Whipple SC, Lowering Kit"

02_Lightning

Established Member
NORCALSTI said:
whats your mph on that 12.37 run and 60 foot time. Also your 1/8 mile time and mph??? Trying to figure some stuff out and thanks for mentioning my site. Its going to be in super chevy magazine in novemeber also ;)

I will have to dig ou the time slip, but I think the mph was 113, and the 60' was a 1.81 on Hoosiers. I will dig it out though and let you8 know the specifics. I have the run on video, but it is 15megs.

NORCALSTI

Established Member
jubelands said:
still waiting for the vids guys, whats up??

danny said he has to get the video to teh computer from his camera somehow. my buddy dave is working late tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread