Supercharger Porting

REDNIGHTMARE

Established Member
Whats everyones thoughts on getting a supercharger ported? I don't want to buy an upgraded supercharger so I'm thinking this is the best option. Anyone had it done through Posi performance or Stiegemeier? Im looking at Stiegemeier's snake bite series which claims 650 rwhp. I already have 515 to the rear with cai, 2.6 pulley, idler kit, plugs, and tune blah blah blah. Any comments are appreciated.

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
Im a noobie, but from the threads i've seen, adding a ported or higher flowing elbow, throttle body, and upper and lower would help pull the most out of it. with that upgraded heat exchanger and intercooler resevior to keep that charged air cool.

I already have a charger pulley and big ass intake but the other parts are definitely on my mod list.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Brian @ Posi Performance is an awesome guy, and his customer service is amazing. His job doesn't end until you are happy. Buy a large VMP elbow and have Brian port match it to the stock Eaton. This combo with a 65mm Cobra Jet throttle body and 15% IW overdrive lower is an awesome setup. You couldn't ask for more from a M122 car.

My personal after results from the combination listed above gave a lot of smiles.

0414011417.jpg

0414011558.jpg

0405011603.jpg

[youtube_browser]NrlQxkvkubM[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]ma8eWZxcmlk[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]tIj1HLj3khk[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
Posi all the way!! His work and customer service is second to none.

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
unleashed beast those are some sexy pics....

can you tell us how much you picked up rwhp wise with that? any other supporting mods?

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member

can you tell us how much you picked up rwhp wise with that? any other supporting mods?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

Not sure, never put it on a dyno. However, it was the difference of night and day over just an unported upper pulley setup.

On a dyno jet, you can expect ~ 600 rwhp.

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
so you never got a retune after the port?

I already have a full exhaust setup, kook long tubes and a ford racing cat back.

btw, how much power was the cars you where running making? I traded in my 2011 wrx that trapped low 120s.... my gt500 with a sorry launched almost trapped just as good, and the subie was making 450 whp on a mustang dyno

Last edited:

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Deatails on the supercharged 5.0 please(brand of blower, psi, exhaust)? I just sold my 11' whippled 5.0 to get in to a gt500 because the MT82 was so shitty.

REDNIGHTMARE

Established Member
Alright well it looks like Posi is the way I'll go. Around 600 rwhp is what I'm looking for.

@ Unleashed Beast can I ask how much your set up was?

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Whats everyones thoughts on getting a supercharger ported? I don't want to buy an upgraded supercharger so I'm thinking this is the best option. Anyone had it done through Posi performance or Stiegemeier? Im looking at Stiegemeier's snake bite series which claims 650 rwhp. I already have 515 to the rear with cai, 2.6 pulley, idler kit, plugs, and tune blah blah blah. Any comments are appreciated.

I have had great luck with Stiegemeier.....I run his ported blower and elbow combo with a multi drive front kit. This set up along with a 10% lower and Meth injection is an awesome combination. With the 2.2 pulley, 92 octane pump gas, and methanol injection the cars makes 635-645 on a conservative dyno and traps in the 132-135 range so you know its making good steam. The car runs 10.60's with a stock throttle body......I do run ice in the inner cooler between passes but other than that it stays very consistent. 650rwhp will be easier to hit with a Snake Bite set-up if that is your goal.....Brian does a good job and will be less money....either way you can't go wrong.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Race Ported Blower-----$500

Ported stock tb/elbow combo-----$80

I/W 10% or 15%-------$647.50 shipped in Cont. USA.

Nobody spends as much time on porting Eaton's as we do.:beer:

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
I have had great luck with Stiegemeier.....I run his ported blower and elbow combo with a multi drive front kit. This set up along with a 10% lower and Meth injection is an awesome combination. With the 2.2 pulley, 92 octane pump gas, and methanol injection the cars makes 635-645 on a conservative dyno and traps in the 132-135 range so you know its making good steam. The car runs 10.60's with a stock throttle body......I do run ice in the inner cooler between passes but other than that it stays very consistent. 650rwhp will be easier to hit with a Snake Bite set-up if that is your goal.....Brian does a good job and will be less money....either way you can't go wrong.

i have been thinking of getting a meth kit as well, even before a ported blower for the simple fact i know it'll make good numbers and keep it cool... any dyno plots?

Race Ported Blower-----$500

Ported stock tb/elbow combo-----$80

I/W 10% or 15%-------$647.50 shipped in Cont. USA.

Nobody spends as much time on porting Eaton's as we do.:beer:

prices look great and the 2-3 day turn around is awesome.... PM sent

E.Marquez

Established Member
Personally, no work from either, but Posi is who I've put on the list as a vendor when the $580 comes available in the MOD fund.
Words mean something, lack of words mean something as well.. that made Posi the easy choice.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
so you never got a retune after the port?

of course I did. Since I have a wideband and boost gauge in my car that will interface with SCT Livelink, Jon Lund street data log tuned my car.

btw, how much power was the cars you where running making? I traded in my 2011 wrx that trapped low 120s.... my gt500 with a sorry launched almost trapped just as good, and the subie was making 450 whp on a mustang dyno

The Scooby was in the low 400's whp area.

The Evo was a 450+ whp car.

The Cobra Termi was a 450 whp car.

The Supercharged 5.0 was around 580-590 whp. It was also 400 lbs. lighter (confirmed on the same scale on the same day).

@ Unleashed Beast can I ask how much your set up was?

Looks like Brian "Posi" beat me to it.

Deatails on the supercharged 5.0 please(brand of blower, psi, exhaust)? I just sold my 11' whippled 5.0 to get in to a gt500 because the MT82 was so shitty.

The car is far stronger now with boost increases. At the time of this race, these are the details I can recall.

Novi 2200 @ 10 PSI
stock MT-82 (barton shifter bracket, che torque limiters)
Racestar drag wheel setup (17" front, 15" rear)
Methanol injection
Rear seat delete, trunk empty (no liner)

The car now has more boost, automatic transmission with ratchet shifter, trans brake

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
prices look great and the 2-3 day turn around is awesome.... PM sent

Typical turn around time is 3-5 days but if anyone is ever in a hurry we tell them to write "Daily Driver" on the outside of their box so we know to bump it up in line. Your 2-3 day turn around should not be a problem.

Thanks

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Personally, no work from either, but Posi is who I've put on the list as a vendor when the $580 comes available in the MOD fund.
Words mean something, lack of words mean something as well.. that made Posi the easy choice.

Every site we're vendors on I'm online multiple times every single day pretty much. That includes every Saturday and Sunday at least to check pm's and make a quick round to see if we can help anyone. If we're a vendor on a site we feel obligated to help that site out as much as we can.

Our products will always be sold as cheap as our suppliers will let us post for sale for with free shipping if at all possible too. I was one of you guys (still am!) for a very long time and I won't sell something over what I'm told I can. Might make more money but you could be costing that manufacturer some extra sales which will cost them money and I won't do that. There's a lot bigger picture that I'm interested in and it's not our own pockets. Plenty of profit in these parts to make sure you all get treated right.:beer:

I'm an enthusiast first and Posi Performance comes second. If we do that our customer service will keep taking care of itself. Which also means the business will continue to grow from word of mouth.

We've been in business since 2009 with over 550 customers and I can count on 1 hand how many people won't use us again. Trust me those people got some great deals though and were happy in the end. Then not one thread on any website complaining about us. That's something to be very, very proud of.

Last edited:

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
posi, I already PMd you but would you just recommend a ported stock throttle body and elbow for the ported blower or would a 65mm dual TB and VMP elbow net more gains? it's like 900-1k for those two parts but I'm not sure the whp gains over ported stock pieces would be worth it.....

Users who are viewing this thread