Supercharger vs Turbo ?? Help

MoneyAMG

Established Member
not saying the procharger isn't good quality, it is, it's just imo, not worth the extra $1000 for a smaller intercooler, higher iat's, etc...

So in your opinion for a stock bottom end 5.0 but still has enough power potential for when I go with a built motor

CSG

Established Member
Best driveability: PD
Easiest and cheapest big power: centri
Coolest, most power, maybe the fastest, hardest to tune to drive well: turbo

MoneyAMG

Established Member
Turbo > PD Blower > Centrifugal Blower

I got a Roush TVS for a great price. Easy install. Looks and feels like it belongs on the car. Tuning was a breeze. Great fun factor. Still seeing 24 MPG on the highway with 3.73s. Only reason I didn't go with a Hellion Twin Kit was the 8k and up price tag.

So if you had the cash that would have been your option hands down?

stang910

Established Member
Best driveability: PD
Easiest and cheapest big power: centri
Coolest, most power, maybe the fastest, hardest to tune to drive well: turbo

Not sure why you think the best driveablity comes from a PD blower. I've had a turbo and now a centri and both drove/drive perfectly without any hiccups and I'm extremely picky about driveablity.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
i dont have any issues with my centrifugal blower as far as driveablity is concern. power delivery is really smooth once you get on it. regular driving feels pretty stock.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i dont have any issues with my centrifugal blower as far as driveablity is concern. power delivery is really smooth once you get on it. regular driving feels pretty stock.

Feels like stock with more power with rpm. As a dd I like that I can drive around on street tires and drive like a stock car until I put the pedal down.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Feels like stock with more power with rpm. As a dd I like that I can drive around on street tires and drive like a stock car until I put the pedal down.

yes exactly. is also very easy to launch the car with decent tires with the way that power comes on. even on 4.10 gears.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I still can't believe you run 4.10's I ditched the 3.73's because first was too short. I love the 3.31s now.

i had them before i went with the blower. they worked really good n/a. i will go with 3.31 or 3.27 in a few weeks.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I would go with the 3.31 not that 3.27 would be much different. when not in boost I miss the 3.73's a little. hit the gas and the last thing on my mind is 3.73's

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I would go with the 3.31 when not in boost I miss the 3.73's a little. hit the gas and the last thing on my mind is 3.73's

yeah im sure that the long pulls between gear with good power are really nice. im sure that i will miss the 4.10 though because is alot of fun on the street but the car will be faster with 3.31

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
thread jack continued, but I like having usable boost in 1st and 2nd gear on the street now. 4.10's must be crazy on the street with street tires and paxton.

burke985

Established Member
Continued again , I have a set of 3.31 waiting to go in. When getting into it the 3.73's are just too short. 118 at the top of 4th sucks

Turbosixx

Established Member
A tvs will deliver the most stock like drivability. A Paxton coupled with the right converter/tune can be very effective. My '12 had a tvs and my current car has a Paxton. I prefer the Paxton out of the two but next summer I'm going with a single turbo. A turbo is by far the most effective/efficient power adder.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I have a Paxton on stock 3.8 pulley. Car pulls hard and runs like a raped ape when your wot in the power band. Honestly the car doesnt feel fast enough for me right now, but Im about to crank it up. Ive not been in a TVS 5.0 yet but Im sure thats what mine is missing.

If I could do it again I would pick up a TVS.

Buster

Established Member
Do yourself a HUGE Favor, Try and find someone with a Paxton car, and some one with a turbo car, and drive them both. That will sell you right there.

600HP centrifugal blower cars vs a 600HP turbo car (single or twin) is Night and Day.

Very true. I remember driving my paxton coyote for the first time with 760HP, I was thinking what a turd compared to my last two turbo cars. My 94 turbo mustang only made 870hp but ran 8.8s @ 3500 pounds, my paxton with 100 less hp ran a best of 10.2s @ 3700. I played with the paxton coyote for a year and was bored to death. My current car had a KB 2.8H on it when I purchased it and IMO is by far the worst power adder I've ever owned. Go turbo.

CPRsm

Like was mentioned. Ride in a turbo car and a blower car. I have never had a guy want anything over turbo when they ride in a turbo car. Including a paxton owner I just took for a ride. He's now coming back looking to over pulley the blower and bleed off the boost to get torque up like a turbo. His car is on E85 w more boost and was still a good bit down on power. If you get a centri blower, don't ride in a turbo car afterward lol

Buster treed me lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread