Supercharger vs Turbo ?? Help

MoneyAMG

Established Member
Ok I finally have the money to go blown on the 5.0 I've already done the nitrous set up and absolutely loved it!! But I would like the power at all times, I've been hearing bad things about the procharger and hellion turbos so I've been leaning towards the Paxton but still unsure. I've also heard great things about the turbo on the coyote too!! So guys please help me out on what you think the best boost set up is on the coyote in your opinion. The help will be greatly appreciated

Cashbum

Established Member
I would give jpc a ring and talk to them. Beefcake also. They'll lead you in the right direction

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
depends on how much you want to spend, the best bang for the buck is the Paxton kits, lowest price, more than enough power potential, great intercooler,

we also have the tvs kits from roush if you want PD.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
turbos are great as long as it is a well built kit. the hellion twin turbo setup is a good kit and so is the jpc and cprsm kit. there are other kits out there that are still being tested. the only issue with turbo kits is that it will throw alot of people out of budget. if you have a budget to meet then you might not have a choice and will have to stick to a blower. a paxton will make good power and run really good. either kit will pop the stock motor but the way that centrifugal blowers build power is a bit more gentle on the bottom end than any other power adder.

grnenvy

Established Member
If its a true street car I would go TVS u can't beat the fun factor. The instant Pwr down low is hard to beat. There's no waiting for the TQ when coming out of a turn or pulling onto an off ramp. Most of the guys that post are all about the 1/4 mile u need to figure out what your goals are.

Last edited:

burke985

Established Member
Very happy with my Roush kit and yes you need to figure out your goals , mine when i started the which blower to go with debate was that i wanted as much power i could safely get under 10psi and right at 600 whp. I accomplished that almost dead nuts with 592 whp @ 9psi with the roush kit. Any of the blower kits are going to be capable of pushing your car well beyond the factory limits of the motor, the question is how do you want that power delivered. IMO it would suck to have a set of twins and only be able to use a miniscule amount of boost because of the great power they put down , seems like a waste if you don't build the motor and crank up the boost with twins which is the only way id go turbo with these cars. If you are looking to stay within stock limits then pick a Supercharger kit and go with it, if you have a bigger budget then id build the motor and get a set of twins

tvanlant

Established Member
The Procharger kit is very high quality and has many benefits contrary to what you might read on this forum.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
The Procharger kit is very high quality and has many benefits contrary to what you might read on this forum.

This is true.

OP if you want to shoot me a PM or call me a the shop I can help you weight all the options to see what setup fits best for you. Unlike most vendors I've personally owned one of each on my personal car (Centri, PD, Turbo and Nitrous). So I can give you a first hand experience on each!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Do yourself a HUGE Favor, Try and find someone with a Paxton car, and some one with a turbo car, and drive them both. That will sell you right there.

600HP centrifugal blower cars vs a 600HP turbo car (single or twin) is Night and Day.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Do yourself a HUGE Favor, Try and find someone with a Paxton car, and some one with a turbo car, and drive them both. That will sell you right there.

600HP centrifugal blower cars vs a 600HP turbo car (single or twin) is Night and Day.

+1. I dd my paxton and have for the last 10k plus miles. I like it and have no regrets, plenty of power to get me in trouble and smoke the tires at anytime.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
not saying the procharger isn't good quality, it is, it's just imo, not worth the extra $1000 for a smaller intercooler, higher iat's, etc...

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I think he needs to say what he's looking for as in what power level and type of performance if its pure street / drag / auto x etc. Also everyone has a budget limit at some time or another lol. I know I wish I wouldve stayed at a sub 4 digit power goal it would have been cheaper on my wallet and I couldv'e been done by now but hey its just money right ;)

MoneyAMG

Established Member
Well my goal is going to be around 850 to the wheel as of right now I'm still on the stock bottom end so I want to get a set up that's plenty of power on the street yet very road friendly as far as drivability. I will eventually go with the built motor after this one blows lol I reccon it'll be soon anyway lol

MoneyAMG

Established Member

I've tested out the Paxton in a friend of mines car I really liked it but I want to mane sure that I make the right decision the first time, haven't driven a turbo car yet

MoneyAMG

Established Member
I think he needs to say what he's looking for as in what power level and type of performance if its pure street / drag / auto x etc. Also everyone has a budget limit at some time or another lol. I know I wish I wouldve stayed at a sub 4 digit power goal it would have been cheaper on my wallet and I couldv'e been done by now but hey its just money right ;)

M6 and it's pretty much going to be my weekend car but I want to get into the early 10s consistently

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Turbo > PD Blower > Centrifugal Blower

I got a Roush TVS for a great price. Easy install. Looks and feels like it belongs on the car. Tuning was a breeze. Great fun factor. Still seeing 24 MPG on the highway with 3.73s. Only reason I didn't go with a Hellion Twin Kit was the 8k and up price tag.

Users who are viewing this thread