Supercharging a Boss

kbroush

Established Member
I have a 2013 Boss and am looking at supercharging it over the winter. I have my mind pretty much set on the Procharger kit with the F1 head unit and 12 rib belt upgrade. Has anyone else done this or had experience with supercharging a boss? From what I have read the Procharger kit seems more straight foward than the other centri kits. I am still open to looking at other centri kits if I can get a great deal and still make the HP I want. Any thoughts on this are appreciated!

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I'm sorry but a F1 is overkill on a street car and stock motor / fuel system. You can run a P1 or 1 D1 with supporting mods and still make well over 6 safely.

Now if you plan on a going all out... then a F1 would be fun.

kbroush

Established Member
Thats the reason I want the F1 head unit and 12 rib belt so I have room to grow in the future. I thought about just getting the D1 head unit but some day I might want to turn it up and have the blower already to do it with. I would be happy with 650 to 700rwhp. Other than injectors what else would I need to upgrade the fuel system? Are the new boost a pumps reliable? I know on my old mustang with the returnless fuel system the boost a pump could cause some issues.

kbroush

Established Member
I heard there is a lot of trimming to get the paxton to fit, is that true? I also thought about the vortech kit. I would assume both those kits are a lot cheaper than F1 procharger.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i can put together a setup for you that will be less expensive than the procharger, have cooler iat's, and make 700-750rwhp out of the gate

stang8psi

Established Member
I heard there is a lot of trimming to get the paxton to fit, is that true? I also thought about the vortech kit. I would assume both those kits are a lot cheaper than F1 procharger.

No more than that procharger setup!!! the trimming is on the inside of the lower valance! And if done correctly and if you take your time it actually can look good and not look "cut up"!

STROKED2VALVE

Established Member
you have to modify the fan shroud and a ton of coolant lines for the paxton. well worth it though and it looks good. i just finished my install sunday.

kbroush

Established Member
Thanks guys. I've had a Kenne Bell before and was not impressed with it. I want to keep the boss intake and the centri blowers like the high rpm characteristics of yhe boss engine. Im still not 100% decided on the procharger yet. Has anyone instslled a paxton on the boss?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks guys. I've had a Kenne Bell before and was not impressed with it. I want to keep the boss intake and the centri blowers like the high rpm characteristics of yhe boss engine. Im still not 100% decided on the procharger yet. Has anyone instslled a paxton on the boss?

a boss is no different than installing on a reg 5.0 other than the throttle body adapter.

75% of the guys put boss intakes on their cars to compliment the centri.

the pd's have nothing on these cars. the only one that is competetive is the 4.5L whipple, and it takes 6 more psi to do the same work as the paxton

trust me, you'd be pleased with my setup for you

kbroush

Established Member
a boss is no different than installing on a reg 5.0 other than the throttle body adapter.

75% of the guys put boss intakes on their cars to compliment the centri.

the pd's have nothing on these cars. the only one that is competetive is the 4.5L whipple, and it takes 6 more psi to do the same work as the paxton

trust me, you'd be pleased with my setup for you

Ok thanks! I will talk to the other boss about this and get back to you soon. It seems like a really good deal compared to the procharger. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread