Supreme Court Justice Scalia found dead.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The guy was 80 and his family is well educated and rich.
A death is still sad, but the guy lived a long time and provided really well for his family. Just not a huge tear jerker IMO.

My grandmother was 103 when she died and that didn't make it any easier.

nate

Established Member
Playing devils advocate here, but who is to say a republican wins the presidency? After last nights debate, the whole GOP has turned into a bad reality tv show. So, which would you rather have? Obama trying to find someone towards the middle that the Senate would back, or have Sanders appoint someone?

tistan

Established Member
Obama's two justices have already stated that the 2nd amendment does not apply to citizens. If Obama gets a third bans
and confiscation become a reality, and that is a fact.

Bans might become a reality, but confiscation will be a whole different ball game. Me and many like me don't give a shit what politicians and liberal judges say. It is my constitutional right to own guns and use them to defend freedom from tyrants. America is all that is left of freedom around the world. There is no free place to go. It is either give up and surrender of fight them.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Playing devils advocate here, but who is to say a republican wins the presidency? After last nights debate, the whole GOP has turned into a bad reality tv show. So, which would you rather have? Obama trying to find someone towards the middle that the Senate would back, or have Sanders appoint someone?

Show me anything that Obama even thought of that was towards the middle of the political scale??

jbs$

Established Member
I just saw Obama commenting on Justice Scalia's death, doesn't that low/no class piece of crap own a tie. What a total National embarrassment.

nate

Established Member
Show me anything that Obama even thought of that was towards the middle of the political scale??

Never said he did. But if he wants to be the one who gets to appoint the next justice, he can't go too far to the left. And if the republican senate tries to circumvent around it with constant delays in the approval, it could blow up in their face with the undecided voters in the general election. Don't misunderstand me, I'm conservative, and don't want to imagine a country with Hillary running it. But with the ridiculousness of the republican candidates, and now this, it could cost us the presidential election. And then who is going to be nominating a justice? People need to think bigger picture here.

2001sleeper

Established Member
My grandmother was 103 when she died and that didn't make it any easier.
Somebody dying from old age is a lot less sad than somebody dying unexpectedly at a young age in my opinion. From a very early age we learn that people are not imperial. People that die of old age usually have some type of failing health and family members have time to make peace while the individual is still alive.
Yes. Death is still sad, but in my opinion it is much easier to deal with when you know it is coming and have time to make things straight.

jbs$

Established Member
Never said he did. But if he wants to be the one who gets to appoint the next justice, he can't go too far to the left. And if the republican senate tries to circumvent around it with constant delays in the approval, it could blow up in their face with the undecided voters in the general election. Don't misunderstand me, I'm conservative, and don't want to imagine a country with Hillary running it. But with the ridiculousness of the republican candidates, and now this, it could cost us the presidential election. And then who is going to be nominating a justice? People need to think bigger picture here.

Within a short time, the voting Public will merge the election of a President and the selection of a new Supreme Court Justice into one issue and part of the same election. The dems will try to keep the issues separate, but, it will not work. Only diehard dems will care about this.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Obama will move immediately to appoint a hardcore leftist progressive to fill the seat. Any of you that think he won't have your heads buried deep in the sand. This might be just the opportunity he needs to push a hardcore gun ban on this nation. Turd suckin democrats.

jbs$

Established Member
Obama will move immediately to appoint a hardcore leftist progressive to fill the seat. Any of you that think he won't have your heads buried deep in the sand. This might be just the opportunity he needs to push a hardcore gun ban on this nation. Turd suckin democrats.

Of course he will, hoping to get a show trial on the level of the Justice Thomas or the Bork hearings. What the Senate should do is slow walk and delay, never letting the process get to the hearing stage. This denies the dems the TV show and there is nothing they can do about it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not only gun rights might be in jeopardy if a liberal judge is appointed. Our everyday lives could be affected in ways most of us never considered. We truly lost a good man/good Supreme Court Justice.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
No tears here. Scalia was an out of date relic of old times. Hope a progressive is nominated.

And you guys can cry and whine about it.

Users who are viewing this thread