SVE Drifts + BMR Springs + DIB = perfect

04nccobra

Established Member
Not sure where the hate in this thread came from but IMO I think the combination looks great, I am running the same wheels and installing Hotchkis springs this weekend, I hope my car levels out like yours.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
while your at it ditch the caliper covers...

:lol:

funny-gifs-haters-gonna-hate.gif

Don't be jelly bro.;-)

Last edited:

c. love

Established Member
Here is my .02 cents I hate black wheels period-on any car. I look at any Musang on the internet I see Drifts, RTR, F14, and Oem wheels from another mustang 80% of the time and it seems like 99% of the time they are some shade of black or grey. Yuck.

Having said all that Steve pointed out he likes them so great !! Its his car so who cares what I think? Answer is no one but me just how it should be. As Steve also mentioned this is geared towards what the "average" guy would do. Hell yeah smart business choice i think. Im in the minority on black wheels (especially in mustang land) good for me makes my choice easy lol

As for Drifts being "played out" so is every wheel .........when your on the internet. I have owned probably upwards of 30 different sets of aftermarket wheels in my life time. Everything from expensive to super cheap. Where i live i would never see another guy with any of the wheels I had. I hop on the old internet and boom many of them could be found all over.

The internet concentrates the world and makes it seem like everyone has the same stuff--reality says otherwise

jayman33

Steve, these wheels are gross and soo played out. It makes me think less of you and BBR because of the set of wheels you got, yes Steve.... over a set of wheels. This is why I'm getting a set for my car because I want to be played out too when I take them to the track...... Seriously I've only seen one set in person here in NC, I guess that makes them played out....
Steve, they look great homey and as I've said before, thanks for your service.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
mmmmm she looks purdy!

P.S. Fugg all the haters and people who think black wheels are "played out"

Snake40

Established Member
Looks good Steve.

I personally like their bright silver drifts, so I bought some recently. I had a tight budget and have never seen another black GT in my area with anything other than stock wheels. Played out :shrug:, maybe in a wheel and tire thread. I would love a set of TF but absolutely no way I could swing that kind of cash.

newshoes22-19_zpsd40c6bf2.jpg

Looks great!

c. love

Established Member
Steve, these wheels are gross and soo played out. It makes me think less of you and BBR because of the set of wheels you got, yes Steve.... over a set of wheels. This is why I'm getting a set for my car because I want to be played out too when I take them to the track...... Seriously I've only seen one set in person here in NC, I guess that makes them played out....
Steve, they look great homey and as I've said before, thanks for your service.

mmmmm she looks purdy!

P.S. Fugg all the haters and people who think black wheels are "played out"

All the haters? there are a handful that have disliked and most like it. For me it could be the coolest wheel in the world -if it were black I would hate it. Plain and simple. My choice nothing wrong with that.

Car doesn't look bad just not my style.

NinjaBum

Established Member
Not sure why people say they are "played out." I have seen one 5.0 in the flesh with mesh wheels. That is it.

You have to realize forums for a specific car are drawing a select few owners here and just because you see certain trends here don't really mean they are everywhere in the real world.

I had mesh CSL-lookalike wheels on my GTO and at the time everyone was getting into them. Tons of people started complaining about how common they were and too many people were doing them. I never saw one other GTO out on the street with those either.

I wouldn't base my decision to forgo buying a wheel I like on whether or not I will be unique on a forum in which I probably won't ever see another member in the flesh. If you like it, do it.

Fun4me

Established Member
What about the structural integrity of a cast wheel that weighs 23 lbs? Anyone ever damage one of these?

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
To the WHEEL HATERS

Here is a pic of my '07

Are these wheels played out?

IMAG0625.gif

Here is my '13

What about these???

IMAG0825-1.jpg

:loser:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
This is my 11th year going. its awesome. Better every year. I liked the 5.0 cruise better when john and jodie did it. To far last year.

Wasn't John's or Jodies but BBR's idea.

We decided to extend it with 2 different cruise options and the longer one was picked by the drivers. We wanted to do an actual cruise and not a "drive in" where you spend more time in traffic than actual driving.

This years will be more scenic though. Stay tuned :beer:

What about the structural integrity of a cast wheel that weighs 23 lbs? Anyone ever damage one of these?

Mine shattered when I totaled my last car.

Users who are viewing this thread