SVT’s Jamal Hameedi Weighs-In With His Opinion of The 2013 GT500 @ The Nürburgring

Tex Arcana

Established Member
Poppa, tell the Ford car that is as advanced, fast, and sophisticated in the same vein as the M5, E63, etc. as the CTS-V (which came out in '09 by the way)? I hear crickets.

Lightning Boy, your arguments are so ridiculous and retarded, that I'm done with you. It's not worth my valuable time communicating with your dumb a**. If you ever get your POS running, let me know when you head back out to MSR and I'll come by and laugh at you while you go around the track.

Hey crybaby, here's a GM nutsack for you to choke on:

9Vup9Ba.jpg

Now go crawling back to your fellow crybabies at the camero forums, and stop threadsh1tting, save it for your diaper.:poke:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Whatever, tool. Keep feeling tough with your bada** 12 year POS Lightning and you allegedly kicking butt at a completely lame SVT track day. I stay away from events like that because no one there knows how to drive, so they either gun it on the straights and drive like little school girls in the corners, or they spin off track and trash their car.

What's with the gumball crap by the way? Is that even still going on? Do you call anyone with a car nicer than your piece a crap a Gumballista? That is completely retarded.

Again, I like SVT and I like Ford. I've bought more Fords already than you will in your entire life, but I also like buying the best vehicle for my needs which includes my ZR1 and my CTS-V. Both of those cars are superior to anything equivalent that Ford has EVER put out.

There is absolutely NOTHING Ford has EVER built that compares to the speed and sophistication of the CTS-V. Ford hasn't made anything that could ever compete with AMG or BMW M like the GM did with the V. That is a fact. Also, don't pull out bull crap Jaguar or whatever luxury brand that Ford owned temporarily because they couldn't compete either.

Finally, the ZR1 (and C6 Z06 for that matter) will kick the crap out of anything Ford has EVER made for track days and road course events. Even the Ford GT (which is an AWESOME car by the way) wasn't much of a track car. Most lightly modded C5 Z06's could run with them at track events, at least that I saw and heard. Then, again most Ford GT owners have them stocked away for the inevitable future auctions where they will make a lot of money.

So, Snagged's rambling about Ford vs. Chevy doesn't even make sense. Ford has a pretty lame performance line-up compared to Chevy/GM nowadays. Hope Ford gets serious soon because other than a few drag race specials and bandaid Boss 302 track day car, Ford has NOTHING.

Well aren't you condescending, terrible at reading comprehension and delusional to boot. You aren't worth the key strokes. Keep truckin' brother!!! :beer:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Sorry.. been pretty busy with work with not quite as much forum browsing time.. Quick... No.. Ford does not have a direct competitor to the CTS-V sedan. It is a 4-Door. But let's talk about that 2-door coupe. Would you not say it would be more in line as a competitor to the GT500?

germeezy1

Established Member
Sorry.. been pretty busy with work with not quite as much forum browsing time.. Quick... No.. Ford does not have a direct competitor to the CTS-V sedan. It is a 4-Door. But let's talk about that 2-door coupe. Would you not say it would be more in line as a competitor to the GT500?

No it would not.....last I checked Ford was not a luxury brand, and the GT500 was not a luxury sports coupe.

QUIKAG

Established Member
:poke:
No it would not.....last I checked Ford was not a luxury brand, and the GT500 was not a luxury sports coupe.

I agree. While they could be cross-shopped, they really aren't direct competitors. The V is more luxury, quieter, nicer interior, smoother (magnetic suspension), but still great handling, 100 less horsepower, heavier by about 500lbs, etc.

The Shelby is lighter, louder, more road noise, rougher suspension, 100 more horsepower, noticeably faster, sounds much better, not as nice of an interior, more fun to drive, cooler looking IMO, etc.

They are both high horsepower, RWD Coupes so in that sense they are similar.

I didn't really consider a '13 Shelby when I got my '12 V because I wanted a bulletproof automatic since it would be my daily driver in DFW. For shifting fun, I have the Vette. I still think they are very cool. I saw one in Valley Ranch yesterday evening. Black 13/14 GT500. It looked awesome. I pulled beside and looked over expecting to see a dude. Not kidding, it was a 5'3" ish Asian girl. She could barely see over the dash. Definitely wasn't expecting that. Good for her though. She sounded like she was shifting pretty good, just cruising.

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member

Well if you want to get technical, Cadillac is not really a "luxury" car.. at least when compared to real luxury brands. Sort of like Kia trying to make a luxury car. Cadillac is the redheaded stepchild of "luxury"

Poppacapp

Established Member
Thats what I hate most about the 500s... no auto option. Maybe Ford will offer something on the new S550s

McRat

Established Member
Well if you want to get technical, Cadillac is not really a "luxury" car.. at least when compared to real luxury brands. Sort of like Kia trying to make a luxury car. Cadillac is the redheaded stepchild of "luxury"

Actually Cadillac is the father of luxury cars. Before Cadillac existed, you had to hand crank the engine to start it. Much of what you take for granted today came from Cadillac. Electric lights, self-adjusting timing, steel roof, V8/V12/V16 engines, auto headlights, turn signals, etc.

The concept that luxury cars were born overseas is laughable.

Or that a MB or BMW is made of solid gold with no plastic, and has perfect ergo.

For over a decade I've been reading how luxurious German Cars were. I kept trying to figure which models they were talking about. The ones I drove seemed like cars on the inside.

Plant your ass in a 1960's anything. Then drive a 60's Cad.

Nothing compared except perhaps Rolls.

Last edited:

McRat

Established Member
Note: Cadillac shares roots with Ford. Even at the dawn of automotive technology, their claim to fame was better engineering and quality.

rbrand9935

Established Member
Watching a Racing Legend Like Randy Proebst run each car on the same Road course all while telling you about the handling, braking, acceleration characteristics is invaluable. That is what I listen to as I stopped by Saleen one time when they were getting ready for a Performance test and watched them dumping 114 Race Gas into the tank and bumping up the timing on a Blown Windsor Mustang. I'm not claiming foul as everyone does it!. Its all about the claimed time and bragging rights. Look how many times the Nissan GTR has been posting times of late as its on a Mission. Having cars that are full on RACE Cars with no back seat and full cages and weigh less than 3000 lbs. is not realistic and does not represent real cars made for the masses. just my 2,2,2,2,2 & 2 cents!!

germeezy1

Established Member

If you want to get technical followed by the most absolutely wrong statement I have read on the internet in months.

QUIKAG

Established Member
Thats what I hate most about the 500s... no auto option. Maybe Ford will offer something on the new S550s

A rock solid automatic and a package that adds some more sound deadening and I would have seriously considered a 500 for a DD.

Have to respectfully disagree on Cadillac. Maybe a decade ago, I would agree with you, but Caddy is coming on very, very strong recently. The new ATS and CTS are world class and there is a new S/7 series competitor coming. Cadillac may not be 100% there yet on BMW, Audi, and Mercedes quite yet, but they are closing fast and hard.

My V has been very solid and I did a corporate lease on the car so I drive it accordingly (27k miles so far driving it like a rental) and it's been very solid. You can tell there is a lot of engineering and durability baked into the car.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Actually Cadillac is the father of luxury cars. Before Cadillac existed, you had to hand crank the engine to start it. Much of what you take for granted today came from Cadillac. Electric lights, self-adjusting timing, steel roof, V8/V12/V16 engines, auto headlights, turn signals, etc.

The concept that luxury cars were born overseas is laughable.

Or that a MB or BMW is made of solid gold with no plastic, and has perfect ergo.

For over a decade I've been reading how luxurious German Cars were. I kept trying to figure which models they were talking about. The ones I drove seemed like cars on the inside.

Plant your ass in a 1960's anything. Then drive a 60's Cad.

Nothing compared except perhaps Rolls.

Ok.. so they USED to be a leader in Luxury. :D

Poppacapp

Established Member
A rock solid automatic and a package that adds some more sound deadening and I would have seriously considered a 500 for a DD.

Have to respectfully disagree on Cadillac. Maybe a decade ago, I would agree with you, but Caddy is coming on very, very strong recently. The new ATS and CTS are world class and there is a new S/7 series competitor coming. Cadillac may not be 100% there yet on BMW, Audi, and Mercedes quite yet, but they are closing fast and hard.

My V has been very solid and I did a corporate lease on the car so I drive it accordingly (27k miles so far driving it like a rental) and it's been very solid. You can tell there is a lot of engineering and durability baked into the car.

I have nothing against Cadillac.. If I wanted a nice fast auto tranny car, I would definitely go for a CTSV Coupe. I also wish an auto was offered in the GT500. I have actually considered doing a 6r swap from the 5.0's.

McRat

Established Member
Ok.. so they USED to be a leader in Luxury. :D

What car is as luxurious as any 2013 Cadillac in it's price/performance area?

Cad has come back from certain death, and is a money maker again.

It's certainly not because it's a poor value in the luxury car market.

You can never beat Snob Appeal though. Some people need to show others their Rolex and insist it keeps better time, and is worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread