SVT’s Jamal Hameedi Weighs-In With His Opinion of The 2013 GT500 @ The Nürburgring

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
if the ring was on US soil it would mean more. but as it sits 99% of us will never see it or drive on it, so ultimately we don't care.

Jamal is right, the ring is simply a tuning tool like a dyno.

Tex Arcana

Established Member
Okay, whatever. In the real world for people that actually push their cars on the track and aren't just poseurs, we care more about wet boiling point. I guess if you want to flush after every track session or two, go for a high dry BP, the rest of us will go with high wet BP and enjoy our track days more. Or do like I did and buy SRF and never look back. See you at the track and make sure you have your big boy pants on.

:lol: I love it when Gumballisitis can't admit they're wrong: they toss that "whatever" out, and storm away.

Well, let's hope, anyway.:rockon:

Tex Arcana

Established Member
No, I'm just making WAY more speed than that Mustang, WAY more. SRF is the best fluid and it's used by real race teams for a reason. I'm sure that Brembo fluid works great on a slow Mustang, but it won't hold up in a fast car.

2013-06-07_Trifecta_2923_zpsf37c99a6.jpg

So how many inches did that car add to your dick?:poke:

Tex Arcana

Established Member
Time charts of time spent through certain sectors at VIR
Lightning Lap 2013: Hot Cars, Hot Track, Hot Laps - - Car and Driver

Congrats you quoted an article. They are still the same tire no matter how you chop it.

I know plenty about braking. Clearly more than you. And everything you say further proves how bad the brakes are compared to the Camaro.

What's the matter, gave up on the suspension argument? I suggest you give up all together. Your dyno queen got it's ass handed to it at a REAL race track. Until Ford gives the gt500 or Boss a proper suspension, they'll be behing the camaro at most every road course
Hey, stupid: not only is the GT500 tire NARROWER by over 3/4", the rubber compounds are completely different. Which means that the Camero tire has more grip overall than the Shelby tire.

Tex Arcana

Established Member
I'm sorry, did my comment offend you? I forget this forum is filled with flag waving pansies who can't take a dose of reality. Please go ahead and delete my comment, its already been quoted twice.
The GT500 sucks at handling, it can't put its power down, its overweight and for track use its under-braked.
You can go back to waving that GT500 flag now...right below the Bowtie flag, because until Ford can figure out how to put the power down on corner exit, that's where it will be, behind the Camaro

Bwahahahaha... You, offend me?? Don't flatter yourself, and don't break your arm patting yourself on the back: you matter to me about as much as a camero zl1 with JATO packs strapped to its bumper.

No, that's not quite right, that camero would probably kill someone.

You matter less to me than the turd my dog just pushed out in the back yard. How's that??

And don't forget: it's your beloved GM forums that like to delete threads that happen to merely mention something that's not blowing sunshine up the Gumballisti azzes. Which means mentioning any Ford product kicking their azzes.

At least here we actuall allow you retards your moment in the sun... Then hand you your azzes on the road. So it's a win-win for us. :thumbsup:

Tex Arcana

Established Member
Why the name calling? Were you there at the beginning on Blue Oval News? That's where Fords problem started.
SVT's goal for the fix was 15% and they never achieved it. Our cars went from an average 250hp rwh to 275 rwh. That's not 15%. A bunch of us had our cars tuned at Danny Swansons place and we averaged 290/295 rwh when he finished. All of us had after market exhausts also. Yes they lied.

And the paid the price. And, more importantly, they learned their lesson!!

If anything, we all benefitted from that fvkkup... And to any of those who had one of those cars: my hat off to you, for blazing the trail that ultimately left us with better cars and better power and a more honest Ford who cared about giving us the performance we want. :beer:

Tex Arcana

Established Member
Owning it? You may want to do more research (aka open your eyes and shut your pie hole). For a car not targeted for the road course, the GT500 seems to be doing some owning.......

ShelbyvsZL1summary.jpg

...OWNED!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!! "Delicate vaginas", indeed!!!

Dancing_Troll_reasonably_small_reasonably_small.gif

Tex Arcana

Established Member
I know you guys hate Chevy's and think they are crap, but the ZO6 and ZR1 crushed the GT500.

Stop making excuses - the GT500 is not God's gift to mankind.

You idiot, they are completely different cars.

And you can't even compare the Ford GT and the 'vettes, because the GT is rear-mid engined.

If you want to come in here threadsh1tting, bring something a bit more pertinent to the battle, instead of your lame old Mattelmobiles. :bash:

Tex Arcana

Established Member
if the ring was on US soil it would mean more. but as it sits 99% of us will never see it or drive on it, so ultimately we don't care.

Jamal is right, the ring is simply a tuning tool like a dyno.

Well, I care... but mostly because I'm an F1 fan, and a fan of F1 history, which includes the 'Ring. I'd LOVE it if they ran a modern F1 race on the Nordschleif.

But, yeah, a course like that makes it insanely difficult to do any kind of comparisons. I wish TopGear would put them on their track back-to-back, I'll bet the Stig would settle this once and for all... Or, at least til the next-gen cars come out... :burnout:

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Well im just glad he didnt try to explain it by using some kind of simulation.

This thread is entertaining with all the newbs with less than 10 posts firing off their shit cannons but this post is the winner...

I still love Al O and his "simulations" hilarious!

nekasrof

Established Member
:dw: He can state what he wants, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

He didn't have to release that vid; but he did, and all it's doing if generating ALOT of positive reactions for the car. It's fairly obvious it's a production mule, it's fairly obvious that they use the 'ring for the stated purpose; so why are those reasons a "total joke"??

Since you're not writing the checks, since you're not the multi-billion-dollar-company that has a HUGE investment in both it's street AND racing divisions, I think what you think is utterly irrelevant to the discussion.

BTW: nice car, did you find that on a Google search?:pop:

I know I'm a few days late on the response, but, if you're going to run at a track and NOT post times, why run? If I ran a hillclimb and was disappointed with the times, I wouldn't simply ask for the times not to be posted. It is what it is on that specific day.
Since there are no street cars competing with me, I go up against open wheel cars and the like. Am I to make excuses when they beat my times?? LOL! No.

You can google the car if you wish. Or better yet, come on up during our season and you can see it in person.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I know I'm a few days late on the response, but, if you're going to run at a track and NOT post times, why run? If I ran a hillclimb and was disappointed with the times, I wouldn't simply ask for the times not to be posted. It is what it is on that specific day.
Since there are no street cars competing with me, I go up against open wheel cars and the like. Am I to make excuses when they beat my times?? LOL! No.

Did you even read the email from Jamal H to SVTP??? There is a whole paragraph that answers your question... Straight from the horses mouth.

"The reason we test at the Ring is because it is a fantastic venue for doing vehicle dynamics work. You get so much different content in terms of turns, elevation, etc that you would need to visit 5 different tracks to duplicate it. It's also a chance for our North American vehicle dynamics guys to cross pollinate with our Team RS guys since we are all one group now. Team RS gets a chance to offer feedback on the RWD cars and the SVT guys offer perspective on the FWD cars. That's really powerful and worth spending the money to send cars and engineers over there. Renting the Ring exclusively ($$$$$!) to make a video - not so much. I'd rather put that money into the car."

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Well, I care... but mostly because I'm an F1 fan, and a fan of F1 history, which includes the 'Ring. I'd LOVE it if they ran a modern F1 race on the Nordschleif.

But, yeah, a course like that makes it insanely difficult to do any kind of comparisons. I wish TopGear would put them on their track back-to-back, I'll bet the Stig would settle this once and for all... Or, at least til the next-gen cars come out... :burnout:

don't get me wrong, i LOVE the 'ring. and i agree with you. put them both on the TGUK test track and see what happens.

you know the GT500 would slaughter the ZL1/Z28 on that track is it is a pure power track. two decent straights, and the followthrough perfect for a GT500. :reckon:

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
I personaly was on the phone with SVT. This was in Dec of '99. The fixes started on the east coast and were not going to be available on the west coast till June or July of 2000.
I was offered the fix in dec '99 shipped to my shop with a promise I would send the old parts back. I declined. I had them shipped to Don Kott Ford here in SoCal.
The parts arrived within 3 days and the service mngr called and asked " who the hell do you know at Ford? This stuff isin't suppose to be here for 6 months." I told him I was nice the the SVT rep and he trusted my knowledge to fix it.
Now you listen to me Mr know it all. I was there talking to them. I handled my problem directly with SVT. Don't you come in here with your heresay bullshit. YOU WERE NOT THERE; I WAS.
This is a true story exactly how it happened. A lot of you guys have heard stories about this and how it happened. We guys at Blue Oval News lived it and handled it.
I just love the stupid bullshit posts from guys that have no idea what happened but had to post their two cents worth.

I guess John Coletti was the bullshitter since it's what HE SAYS in the book. Again, go read it. I brought it up since it's a quote from John Coletti. Ya know the CHIEF of SVT during the time this all happened... I mean he could be wrong... you never know. :bash: And I'm sure Ford was willing to warranty work you where going to do yourself... you didn't get any option. The odds of Ford warrantying work done by anyone that isn't a Ford tech at a dealer is NONE. The legal ramifications of such a blunder would be tremendous. Maybe you got the parts early, but no way did they offer to ship them to you. Again, my info is PUBLISHED info, yours is the heresay. I can post a legitimate source, rather than a story.

Last edited:

Mike L.

Established Member
I guess John Coletti was the bullshitter since it's what HE SAYS in the book. Again, go read it. I brought it up since it's a quote from John Coletti. Ya know the CHIEF of SVT during the time this all happened... I mean he could be wrong... you never know. :bash: And I'm sure Ford was willing to warranty work you where going to do yourself... you didn't get any option. The odds of Ford warrantying work done by anyone that isn't a Ford tech at a dealer is NONE. The legal ramifications of such a blunder would be tremendous. Maybe you got the parts early, but no way did they offer to ship them to you. Again, my info is PUBLISHED info, yours is the heresay. I can post a legitimate source, rather than a story.

It happened as I posted. No I can't prove it nor do I care. If you could go back into the archives at Blue Oval news; you would have seen my whole story. You would have seen a lot of interesting stories. Blue Oval news had a lot to do with the fix.

Users who are viewing this thread