SVT’s Jamal Hameedi Weighs-In With His Opinion of The 2013 GT500 @ The Nürburgring

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Jamal is the man!! I love this guy! He is definitely the right man for the job at Ford and they are lucky to have him!

This statement right here was all the justification he needed:

"And spend my days (and nights) working on the next slayer vs. worrying about Ring times."

chuckstang

Established Member
You really believe that nobody at Ford put one on the dyno, or ran one at the strip?

Please.

If they badged them at 320HP after they knew it wasn't pushing that, I would call that intentional.

There was a lot of pressure on them to match the GM brochure numbers. Whether that was the reason, or whether something radically changed between the first unit off the line and second one? Which do you think is more likely?

Believe what you like. If you believe that Ford does not test their production engines at all on a dyno, well ... You'd be wrong.

DOH!! I'm not saying the 305HP version is identical to the 320HP version - What I'm saying is both GM and Ford were badged at 305HP, then GM bumped to 320HP. Ford was under pressure to match the number.

I see your points. I guess I just personally didn't have any I'll will since they made mine right under warranty.

662HP631TQ

Established Member
Make no mistake about it, ring times are important to customers. Just as important as 1/4 mile times, 0-60 times, braking 70ft-0ft times and all the other little numbers that buyers sit and read about before making that next big purchase.

As far as production vehicles goes it looks like the Porsche 918 Spyder is smashing it...

List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't agree, I think each person decides what numbers are important to them. Look at my handle on the forum, those are the numbers that mattered to me. I can care less about a stupid ring time. It's so dumb. I won't defend Ford or Jamal because I could care less. I'll even say I like the big bad bow tie as well. You don't need to be a knuckle dragging fan boy to enjoy fast cars. Hell, I'd venture to say you don't even have to drive them fast. I bought my car and saw people were Dynoing right where they were supposed to be. So Ford in my eyes wasn't deceptive or didn't lie to me, because all I care about is horsepower. I don't give a rats patooey about going in circles or figure eights or whatever to test out my suspension. Some guys do, and that is ok because that is who these ring times are aimed at. When I saw that letter/email it had no affect on me whatsoever. I still love my car. If some other brand comes along including a Camaro that doesn't have a butt ugly interior, bad rear viewing angles, and has more horsepower....Hell I may be first in line. I like that C7 Corvette.....The HP number isn't enough for me though! If it was like 550HP, I'd be trading in my 13' GT500 immediately on one of those Lime Rock Green C7's! My car is still awesome even if it ran a 8:30 at the ring LOL! Why can't we just avoid these stupid arguments and enjoy our cars, the phsychological warfare marketing agencies are waging on our brains is blocking our ability to tune out fan boys and just enjoy our cars so they can justify their purchases. Isn't what this is all about a Pee Pee measuring contest so we feel secure in the decision we made on what manufacturer to buy from.......

Coming home from Afghanistan in a couple of months....Ring times will be the last thing on my mind whilst driving! HA!

Mike L.

Established Member
I don't agree, I think each person decides what numbers are important to them. Look at my handle on the forum, those are the numbers that mattered to me. I can care less about a stupid ring time. It's so dumb. I won't defend Ford or Jamal because I could care less. I'll even say I like the big bad bow tie as well. You don't need to be a knuckle dragging fan boy to enjoy fast cars. Hell, I'd venture to say you don't even have to drive them fast. I bought my car and saw people were Dynoing right where they were supposed to be. So Ford in my eyes wasn't deceptive or didn't lie to me, because all I care about is horsepower. I don't give a rats patooey about going in circles or figure eights or whatever to test out my suspension. Some guys do, and that is ok because that is who these ring times are aimed at. When I saw that letter/email it had no affect on me whatsoever. I still love my car. If some other brand comes along including a Camaro that doesn't have a butt ugly interior, bad rear viewing angles, and has more horsepower....Hell I may be first in line. I like that C7 Corvette.....The HP number isn't enough for me though! If it was like 550HP, I'd be trading in my 13' GT500 immediately on one of those Lime Rock Green C7's! My car is still awesome even if it ran a 8:30 at the ring LOL! Why can't we just avoid these stupid arguments and enjoy our cars, the phsychological warfare marketing agencies are waging on our brains is blocking our ability to tune out fan boys and just enjoy our cars so they can justify their purchases. Isn't what this is all about a Pee Pee measuring contest so we feel secure in the decision we made on what manufacturer to buy from.......

Coming home from Afghanistan in a couple of months....Ring times will be the last thing on my mind whilst driving! HA!

I agree with a lot of what you say.
In the Feb. '99 Car and Driver they had a big write up on the '99 Cobra. I read that article many times before I pulled the trigger on my purchase. At the end of the article they stated that " If you run into a Camaro; you will lose every time. At the time I was working on a late Camaro that was faster than shit. It didn't change my choice of purchase. When I attended a dyno at Swansons, I saw a Termi lay down 475 rwhp and knew I wanted one. I didn't get one for 10 years as I got involved with diesels and found my diesel pu could blow away most cars on the street. I finaly got my Termi last dec. It's the car I wanted and I don't give a crap about faster cars.:banana:

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Actually the plenum had to be replaced along with a less restrictive catback and the computer had to be retuned to lean it down.
We the owners were told by SVT that we wouldn't know 320 hp if it bit us in the ass. :rollseyes After a bunch of owners had Rousch dyno their Cobra's at an average of 250 rwh, Ford had to listen. Up until that time they blew us off.

And untill the 2003 Cobra, the Cobra was NOT handled by SVT but the regular Mustang team. Go read Iron Fist Lead Foot.... learn before making claims. That blunder wasn't SVTs doing.

Mike L.

Established Member
And untill the 2003 Cobra, the Cobra was NOT handled by SVT but the regular Mustang team. Go read Iron Fist Lead Foot.... learn before making claims. That blunder wasn't SVTs doing.

I personaly was on the phone with SVT. This was in Dec of '99. The fixes started on the east coast and were not going to be available on the west coast till June or July of 2000.
I was offered the fix in dec '99 shipped to my shop with a promise I would send the old parts back. I declined. I had them shipped to Don Kott Ford here in SoCal.
The parts arrived within 3 days and the service mngr called and asked " who the hell do you know at Ford? This stuff isin't suppose to be here for 6 months." I told him I was nice the the SVT rep and he trusted my knowledge to fix it.
Now you listen to me Mr know it all. I was there talking to them. I handled my problem directly with SVT. Don't you come in here with your heresay bullshit. YOU WERE NOT THERE; I WAS.
This is a true story exactly how it happened. A lot of you guys have heard stories about this and how it happened. We guys at Blue Oval News lived it and handled it.
I just love the stupid bullshit posts from guys that have no idea what happened but had to post their two cents worth.

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
Owning it? You may want to do more research (aka open your eyes and shut your pie hole). For a car not targeted for the road course, the GT500 seems to be doing some owning.......

ShelbyvsZL1summary.jpg

Ohh the fanboys - gotta love the fanboys. oohh, I'll take that reach around now.

04SVTMystic