SVTP Coverage of NAIAS 2014 : The 2015 S550 Mustang

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
The trunk looks huge!!, But that's a good thing

It needs some kind of spoiler. I haven't seen enough pics to say for sure, but I think some kind of subtle M3 or Terminator style lip or duck bill design would finish the rear. It looks like somethings been left out.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Looks great. I love the new design and I'm excited to see what people can get out of that turbo motor. I would pull those 20's off the day I bought it and order some 18's. I'm not a fan of 19's or 20's

Fordfourlife

Established Member
It looks more like the camaro then I realized..

Yellow%2BCamaro%2B2.jpg

2014_NAIAS_Tues_Mustang_037.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Travis, I'm sure it'll come out eventually but at this point I have yet to see anything that clearly depicts what is going on with the exhaust system on the '15 GT. If you have anything can you post it up? I'm interested to see what is going on in the area of any crossover or near the area where your one of your photos showed a stainless flex coupling (but only on the passenger side).

2014_NAIAS_Tues_Mustang_068a.jpg

Can you be the one journalist that actually puts a camera underneath this upcoming model and takes a clear shot of just what the hell is going on?

Tob

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Travis, I'm sure it'll come out eventually but at this point I have yet to see anything that clearly depicts what is going on with the exhaust system on the '15 GT. If you have anything can you post it up? I'm interested to see what is going on in the area of any crossover or near the area where your one of your photos showed a stainless flex coupling (but only on the passenger side).

2014_NAIAS_Tues_Mustang_068a.jpg

Can you be the one journalist that actually puts a camera underneath this upcoming model and takes a clear shot of just what the hell is going on?

Tob

I wouldn't judge based on these cars. The exhaust is hand welded together and are likely not fully accurate representations of the final product.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I wouldn't judge based on these cars. The exhaust is hand welded together and are likely not fully accurate representations of the final product.

How this late in the game are we not seeing the final product? I've heard rumors of a 2014.5 model, that would be a couple of months. Worst case we're talking Sept when new model year vehicles tend to hit showrooms. The more I see only pictures of this car, the better the 14 looks. Full on from the back it reminds me of a beetle.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
How this late in the game are we not seeing the final product? I've heard rumors of a 2014.5 model, that would be a couple of months. Worst case we're talking Sept when new model year vehicles tend to hit showrooms. The more I see only pictures of this car, the better the 14 looks. Full on from the back it reminds me of a beetle.

You need to see it in person.

Also, the cars you're seeing right now were hand assembled. I don't think they were even built at the pilot plant. There's now way a car built like that is going to be reflective of the final product.

Blown99GT

Forged and Blown
Established Member
Is it me or are the reverse lights down where a tow hitch would be?

And is that a sub in the trunk? Perhaps part of the shaker system?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
You need to see it in person.

Also, the cars you're seeing right now were hand assembled. I don't think they were even built at the pilot plant. There's now way a car built like that is going to be reflective of the final product.

I really want to like this car and so far I don't. I've had 3 foxes, 4 SN95, 3 NE, and 1 S197, and so far this car seems to be a let down. I do want to see it in person. Where is it?

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I noticed the welds. But the flex joint is rather telling.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Again, I can't tell because the undercarriage photos currently available from across the web don't go into much detail. But it appears as if the two headpipes may join together at some point via a box collector, etc, in order to narrow the exhaust assembly prior to continuing rearward towards the IRS "pumpkin." If this is the case, Ford engineers may have found some inadequacy that needed attention with respect to shrinkage/elongation of cold/hot exhaust tubing. The fact that I can only see it (flex joint) being used on one side is telling of something else. More detailed shots would probably clear up much of what the engineers found and the method(s) they used to address (at least in the case of preproduction models) the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread