SVTP Coverage of NAIAS 2014 : The 2015 S550 Mustang

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Fantastic coverage and pics as usual Sid! I saw the car at the Houston show and it really is MUCH more impressive in person than in pictures.

I've been following the release and coverage of this car on FaceBook as well as other forums and have been getting pretty sick of all the pissing and whining about the S550 - "It looks like a four door Fusion!" "It's not a real Mustang anymore!" "It's not a real muscle car anymore!" "Mustangs should never have four cylinders or IRS!" "Ford killed the Mustang, the sky is falling, it's the end of the world and I'll never own a Mustang again" blah, blah, blah!

It's the same kind of histrionics we saw when the SN95 showed up and everything turned out okay. My guess is in 2-3 years no one will remember what all the Haterade was even about.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Fantastic coverage and pics as usual Sid! I saw the car at the Houston show and it really is MUCH more impressive in person than in pictures.

I've been following the release and coverage of this car on FaceBook as well as other forums and have been getting pretty sick of all the pissing and whining about the S550 - "It looks like a four door Fusion!" "It's not a real Mustang anymore!" "It's not a real muscle car anymore!" "Mustangs should never have four cylinders or IRS!" "Ford killed the Mustang, the sky is falling, it's the end of the world and I'll never own a Mustang again" blah, blah, blah!

It's the same kind of histrionics we saw when the SN95 showed up and everything turned out okay. My guess is in 2-3 years no one will remember what all the Haterade was even about.

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
firstly, I want to say I like the overall direction they took the design, and the profile and rear is very sleek, I even think the Fusion style would be LOVED by all if it came out on the Mustang first......... I know this thing has heart and big balls.....but they have gotta do better with the details of the design....next freshen in a couple of years will prob cure things, but def needs the signature giant fogs in the grill/or even the blacked out ones....just too take up some of that massive grill real estate....plastic scoops on the grill?, cant we just have a hood that has scoops built in?....and the interior, Im sure it is high quality, but so friggin busy....turned aluminium shining in your eyes on top of the dash....cup holders under your elbow, Ebrake in your lap....I gotta say this is prob gonna be the hottest stang ever, eventually....but they really missed a chance to make this the transition year to function meets elegance meets muscle.....feels like they just wanted to make sure it was flashy enough to meet the Camaro market....

and I think that they did that pretty well...........

Users who are viewing this thread