SVTP Coverage of NAIAS 2014 : The 2015 S550 Mustang

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I like it...I am actually starting to love it...minus the front nose as a whole design. Still trying to adapt it still looking like a FUSION or TAURUS on steroids or mad. IMO they should have done something bold but not resembling the rest of the line up...I mean, this is FORD's "Flagship!" I am digging that interior big time! and glad to see they added a dead pedal...lol! My 2012 does not have one. Loving the IRS design also...

When you see it in person you'll realize the front actually looks more like a '13-14 Mustang than a Fusion. It's really hard to tell from the pics though.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
When you see it in person you'll realize the front actually looks more like a '13-14 Mustang than a Fusion. It's really hard to tell from the pics though.

Can't wait to see one in person. I am sure my opinion will either go up or down. But doubt it very much to stay the same as u said. Thanks for sharing the pics!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
what do all the switches do next to "start/stop"?

Im really liking this car...:banana:

TMIProducts

Established Member
I personally think that is the best looking Convertible ever offered for a Mustang.
The only thing that really bugs me is the 4x4 ride height that these seem to all have - but that is easily fixed. Cars amazing, can't wait to see what the aftermarket is going to do to these things!

BV600

Established Member
Awesome pics, I hated the 2015 from what Ive seen until today. These pics help me like it a little more. Id like to see how strong the rear is.

UA13GT

Established Member
These pictures look great! This is almost stopped me in my tracks from my quest to modify my 2013 GT track pack. :cryying:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Still waiting to see it in person to pass final judgment on it. Certain angles look much better than others and some angles make it look odd shaped in the front and/or weak in the rear.

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
Ugliest junk I've seen and the way the cars are made I guarantee you it's built cheaper than ever

98_Undertaker

Established Member
To me, the 2015 Mustang is the best looking pony car yet, and we haven't even see what the guys over at SVT have in store.

I agree 100%

From the time I saw the release I have loved it. I love the New Edge but this is the first Mustang besides the 64-1/2 to 70 that have really captivated me. The 10-14 was just too bulky and goofy looking to me...

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The "room for four configuration" should bode well for families with legless children.

2014_NAIAS_Tues_Mustang_116.jpg

It'll be interesting to see if FRPP/Ford has a rear seat delete kit ready to go or whether they make you wait until the end of the model run, a number of years down the road.

Additionally, it is surprising to continually see photos with a reverse rake. JC Whitney is probably working on a shackle kit right now.

2014_NAIAS_Tues_Mustang_027.jpg

Front tire to fender gap is a bit out of proportion in comparison to the rear.

2014_NAIAS_Tues_Mustang_026.jpg

The interior looks great. The design cues are well done. Hopefully there is still room in the tunnel to yank the MT82 and to swap in a TR6060 as well as some clearance (over what the S197 chassis offered) for some big meats out back. When I see comments that the stylists and designers wanted to bring the wheel faces out and flush with the fender I worry that they also moved the inner wheel well face out, leaving little room for a 10"-11" wheel with a 315 or wider tire. Not everyone aspires to utilize a pizza cutter wheel/tire combination because factory traction control limits throttle inputs anyway. Poo poo on that.

Looking forward to additional details.

98_Undertaker

Established Member
my New Edge, friends 05-09 and another friends 10-14 is the same when slid all the way back...they may not touch the seat but they are so close you couldn't fit anyone back there...

Tractionless1

Established Member
Interior is MUCH better than '05+ which IMO was too family sedan-like. Ford proves it still can't figure out the Mustang center console. The cup holders are still in the way, the brake lever on the driver side didn't help that at all, and the shifter looks like a helluva reach. :bored:

Watson91

Established Member
I am not totally sold on these. I still feel like that reverse lamp looks like it was a major after thought so someone decided to stick it down the exhaust pipes.

04DSGv6

Established Member
I really like what I've seen from pictures and in person. Like others have said, it does look better from different angles than others. The interior looks great. I do like the front end a lot. The rear is still growing on me. Especially with that reverse light between the exhaust tips... I really wish they would have left the trunk emblem the same as previous models. Just having a pony or "GT" is too plain for my liking.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Additionally, it is surprising to continually see photos with a reverse rake. JC Whitney is probably working on a shackle kit right now.

2014_NAIAS_Tues_Mustang_027.jpg

Front tire to fender gap is a bit out of proportion in comparison to the rear.

2014_NAIAS_Tues_Mustang_026.jpg

Go look at basically every BMW on the road right now. My E90 had the sports suspension and the rear was almost tucking tire stock, while the front had at least an inch wheel gap. H&R springs took care of that.

Users who are viewing this thread