SVTP full of rich people?

05christj

Established Member
As I'm reading through some threads and looking at people's signatures I'm thinking this place is either 1: full of some really wealthy people or 2: there is a lot of shop owners which I guess would make good money as well.

I say this cause there are some people on here that talk about buying Z06's, Shelby's, gt500's, ford gt's, GTR's and what not like its nothing. Those who are not talking about buying according to there sig they already own one or more of the afore mentioned vehicles and are running upwards of 900 HP. Now I know that can't be cheap.

I myself admittedly am not an educated man I barely graduated high school. I am a 28 year old army infantryman where even deployed I would be lucky to clear 50k a year. I'm just wondering what y'all do for a living cause even if I was making 100k a year (my idea of comfortable living) I don't see myself being able to buy a $100k car.

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Its not about how much money you make a year. Save up to put a sizeable down payment down on a vehicle you want to get it within a payment that fits your budget. Just takes financial discipline.

Richter888

Established Member
Its not about how much money you make a year. Save up to put a sizeable down payment down on a vehicle you want to get it within a payment that fits your budget. Just takes financial discipline.

Not that I have anything really nice, but this is sound. I have enough money saved up that if I sold my mustang for what I wanted, I could turn around and buy a nice 2008 Z06 thats for sale locally. I don't make a ton of money, but I am good at saving it. I'm getting out of the military next year to pursue an EE degree from Purdue, so no Z06 for me lol. I'd rather have fall back money while I'm in school.

Last edited:

03cobraracer

Established Member
I'm in the same boat 05christj im a active duty Army MP and I cant barely afford anything for my car. thankfully Its paid off so im not paying payments anymore but I just can barely do anything to it, and it seems everyone on here goes and buys new blowers, motors, appearance stuff, etc in big bulk no problem. I'm just in the wrong field I guess, I have 2 years left and then im out and hopefully I can get a good paying job when I do to buy a home and mod the car! lol

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Don't be fooled by the less than 1% of a group gathered on a website that spend their money to buy upgrade parts and cars. In reality 99% of the car driving public do not spend their money on up grading blowers to make their 400hp car into a 750hp car. Some of these guys (and gals) here save for years to purchase their toys.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Don't be fooled by the less than 1% of a group gathered on a website that spend their money to buy upgrade parts and cars. In reality 99% of the car driving public do not spend their money on up grading blowers to make their 400hp car into a 750hp car. Some of these guys (and gals) here save for years to purchase their toys.

Or have debt out the ass lol.

I too have noticed a plethora of folks on this site with some seriously nice shit, but alot of these guys have busted their asses to get where theyre at. Im exploring options now to try and do the same once I get out of the military..tough to ball on a budget :lol:

05christj

Established Member
Yes I realize saving is a huge part of why people are able to buy stuff in bulk but do y'all know how long it would take me to save $6,000? I bet living on top ramen using a go phone using my car strictly to go to work and home it would take a year. Maybe I envy some people here, I'm not complaining I was just curious what some of these people with ford gt's and gtr's do for a living.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's also about where you spend your month each month. For example, some don't take expensive vacations regularly. Others don't buy a lot of non-essentials for, say, the house but instead save that money for an eventual nice down payment on their dream car. You don't have to be wealthy to own a nice car. It's more about how you budget what you have.

SHLBYLVR

Established Member
I was in the military for 22 years. Early on in my career, I didn't spend money on mods. Once I made some rank and got back from a deployment. I had saved enough money to do some mods. I was told from a good friend, is you can't afford to buy it in cash, then don't buy it. Save your money and buy it in cash. Use credit for emergencies. You don't need to eat ramen noodles, go to the chow hall and don't eat out all the time. You'll get there.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
There are certainly a lot of people who work hard and earn what they've got to comfortably enjoy their toys but I would submit that some people may not be as "rich" as you think. I've known more than one person that has had a very, very nice car or cars... and that's all they had. If you looked at just about any other aspect of their life, their standard of living was low because they were focusing all of their income on their vehicle just to be able to afford it and modify it as they desired.

Last edited:

Stang Lover

Established Member

This

Alot of people aren't good with money and they either learn early or they don't learn at all. When I started writing down everything I bought and seeing the numbers in front of my face I woke up right then. All the excess stuff I was spending on I either put it towards bills or in the bank. Just have a saving plan and stick to it just takes discipline. Everybody has a wishlist they just find a way to get it off there

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
This make me want to trash the Bugatti around the mansion's race track to blow off some steam. Why hate the rich man? I need a bowl now since I cry diamonds.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I think this site has a lot of people that work for themselves as well...that contributes to having more money.

Who cares what others have though?

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
You'll get there if you apply your Army discipline. I make a little under 100k and have no family which is probably the only reason I can go where I go and buy pretty much what I want. I started out broke when I got discharged. I'm happy with what I have and there's no envy of someone making twice as much. I actually congratulate them.

I've been working in oil and gas for 3 years now since finishing college. I was a heavy equipment mech while in school.

Last edited:

05christj

Established Member
I hear y'all, I'm not "hating on the rich man" just wondering how y'all do it. Know having a budget is something I need to work on and I think after this deployment I will be able to be better at it due to having some bills paid off along with my current car that I will use as a down payment for a terminator with some additional cash on top of that. I'm looking to only finance about $6,000 tops for the terminator. That along with a cheap apartment for the roughly 7 months I'll have left in the army when I return should make things easy.

05christj

Established Member
You'll get there if you apply your Army discipline. I make a little under 100k and have no family which is probably the only reason I can go where I go and buy pretty much what I want. I started out broke when I got discharged. I'm happy with what I have and there's no envy of someone making twice as much. I actually congratulate them.

I've been working in oil and gas for 3 years now since finishing college. I was a heavy equipment mech while in school.

What do you do in the oil field? I'm going into wireline when I get out

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Well I can only speak for us (me and wife)

* Since 2004, we both work 40+ hours a week.
* 3 deployments to Iraq for me. I have never used a credit card to pay FOR A HOBBY. However, I have used USAA to get a loan on my cars.

* We have 4 cars for two adults.
* We manage to live a life outside of just the car thing as well. Homeowners, vacations, going out to eat etc.

Maybe its cause we dont have kids, two boxers:beer:

It's all about being patient and putting a little aside every month and making smart purchases.

Finally, its not realistic to be an E-1 to E-5 and really have a lot of money.

Out of my 3 deployments, TWO of them I bought a vehicle when I got home and still had money left to put in savings.

Turkey_Lurker03

Established Member
It doesn't mater what other people do for a living. Doesn't matter how much you make it is how much you spend and what your priorities are... Now I have a house wife dog and 2 kids that take all my money but still try to save some for my car lol. That's why the site is awesome because you can get info on what other people have done before you spend (or borrow) your hard earned money for a mod cause most of the fun stuff is expensive...not as expensive as child care though ... Yeah my butt hurts

Users who are viewing this thread