SVTP screen freezing fix

SlowSVT

Established Member
It was getting to the point this web site was becoming "unusable" with the screen constantly locking-up and freezing the browser. The only way to fix it was to use the task manager and cancel the browser and losing everything. The exact same thing was happening on my computer at work so I know it is not an isolated incident. The problem is 3rd party scripting is interrupting the date transfer from this site and hogging all the bandwidth. Out of frustration I Googled "script block", got a lot of hits and found a video on how to install a script blocking program from Mozilla web site for the Firefox browser that I use.

It was like day & night after the installation SVTP now runs flawlessly no more screen freeze :pepper:

I would only trust a blocking program directly from the company who's browser you are using.

Hope this help those who have the same problem I did :beer:

edit: :bash: opps, I put this in the engine tuning section. Moderator can you move this to Terminator talk?

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Maybe Road Side might be better Russ? Your call.

Brad

This is something that should be broadcast to the entire site but I think it's best if we get some feedback from others just to make sure it doesn't block any content we want to allow thru the server. I had a bunch of scrips running in the background including Facebook, Google-Analytics and Tag services and a host of other "clingers". There are setting on the Firefox script blocker control panel I'm getting acquainted to. Don't change the setting when your in the middle of a post or you will lose it.

This is not the only site I've had this problem with and should fix those as well.

Finally this site is a joy to visit once again this blocker program is a godsend :pepper:

Let's go ahead and move this thread to Terminator Talk for now. If we get some feedback on what others have been experiencing and how they resolved it then we might want to get the message out to a wider audience.

hotcobra03

Established Member
No problems with freezing..

I get issues on cell...

says no connection found ..and I find it hard to reply on cell

page will keep jumping to 1st post and you need to scoll back down to box..

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
I don't know if this is a separate issue, but tapatalk works again too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I don't know if this is a separate issue, but tapatalk works again too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tapa still doesn't work for me. I can browse and look at threads but can't reply. I have to open it in tapa on the web view. What's funny is in web view I'm logged in.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Tapa still doesn't work for me. I can browse and look at threads but can't reply. I have to open it in tapa on the web view. What's funny is in web view I'm logged in.

I read that you need to uninstall it then reload it and it works fine. I don't use it myself, just what a few of the other members posted.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Russ, what is the name of your Firefox script blocker. It isn't 'NoScript Security Suite', is it?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So I'm using windows, I'll have to look into this. Both my laptop computers have major issues, and making a thread on them takes forever.

RichM1983

Established Member
I never have an issue with my laptop but everytime I browse on Safari on my iPhone it jumps to some stupid add with cyclops from the X-Men. Everytime!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll be honest, I have zero issues on my laptops or my phone. Actually on my phone now.

I never have issues with my phone. It's what I mainly use. But when I need to include pictures I use my laptop. It's a nightmare.

Mbiro594

Established Member
I randomly get re directed to the App Store. I'll click on some thread and an ad for a Marvel game pops up with Cyclops on it, then if I'm not fast enough to hit the back button I'm in the App Store lol.

BMSTNG

Established Member
I'm constantly having trouble with my lap top and desk top. I keep getting stop script or stop plug it's real annoying. No problems at all with the phone, I'll definitely have to try this fix

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
I've been having issues with the site on my computer, on my it phone works fine. I just disabled scripting in IE and now the site works perfect. Thanks OP

RichM1983

Established Member
I randomly get re directed to the App Store. I'll click on some thread and an ad for a Marvel game pops up with Cyclops on it, then if I'm not fast enough to hit the back button I'm in the App Store lol.

I have the same thing. Except the back button is grayed out and won't let me press it. I have to close the page.

Users who are viewing this thread