Tail of the Dragon - Fiesta ST

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You had a good time there, Kevin. I've never been there but almost went a couple of years ago when I had my tuned '14 Mini Cooper S.

Were you able to visit Natural Bridge State Resort Park in Kentucky? When I drove back from Bristol, TN a few years ago I stopped there. Mind blowing country!

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I have a video of this accident, but it'll just post the still shots... Have no clue how this happened, but I was on the access road to the dam that was on the movie the fugitive.

image010.gif
image008.gif
image005.png
image004.gif
image001.png

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
First off,great pics OP!

Been going at least couple times a year as of late.

Just always remember the two golden rules there...stay in your lane and use the pull offs if you're truly in someones way.
Too bad many many of the Harley riders don't take that last one to heart.

Best bet is to go during the week and earlier in the day to avoid crowds as much as possible.

1489812 (Large).jpg
2188124 (Large).jpg

Intervention302

Established Member
View attachment 1523774 View attachment 1523773 I did it with my brother in law in his C6 Z07 a few years ago. Was a blast! We were pulling 1g nearly every turn. We both found it difficult not getting car sick when passengers during a pass... but other than that we had a blast!
Was definitely difficult to not get motion sickness as a passenger. It's funny, no issue as the driver. But I definitely got uneasy as a passenger
We go every year for the week. We rent a house w/ 6 guys and ride non stop. The dragon is amazing, the skyway is beautiful.. Honestly I don't want to ride my ducati around here anymore. I was eternally spoiled.

Did you get the dragon sticker from killboys store? It's a must!!

View attachment 1523821
What house? I stayed at Fontana Village
You had a good time there, Kevin. I've never been there but almost went a couple of years ago when I had my tuned '14 Mini Cooper S.

Were you able to visit Natural Bridge State Resort Park in Kentucky? When I drove back from Bristol, TN a few years ago I stopped there. Mind blowing country!
No. Maybe save that for next time
First off,great pics OP!

Been going at least couple times a year as of late.

Just always remember the two golden rules there...stay in your lane and use the pull offs if you're truly in someones way.
Too bad many many of the Harley riders don't take that last one to heart.

Best bet is to go during the week and earlier in the day to avoid crowds as much as possible.

View attachment 1523840 View attachment 1523841
Thanks man

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

331 LX

Established Member
We go every year for the week. We rent a house w/ 6 guys and ride non stop. The dragon is amazing, the skyway is beautiful.. Honestly I don't want to ride my ducati around here anymore. I was eternally spoiled.

Did you get the dragon sticker from killboys store? It's a must!!

View attachment 1523821

That's a nice trip. I'll have to set something up with our guys to go down there.

Bout to get rid of my Monster and scoop up a Panigale here soon. Looks like you have the comfort seat on yours.. Worth it?

Zemedici

Established Member
That's a nice trip. I'll have to set something up with our guys to go down there.

Bout to get rid of my Monster and scoop up a Panigale here soon. Looks like you have the comfort seat on yours.. Worth it?

why ditch the monster for the panigale? Just curious

331 LX

Established Member
why ditch the monster for the panigale? Just curious

Because I plan to build a shop and can't keep both. LOL

Seriously though, something new with a bit more hit and better electronics. I LOVE my monster and thought about scooping up a 1200S but I want to switch it up a bit and see if I like the Panigale. I just went to to the Ducati Factory in Bologna a couple weeks ago and that kind of pushed me over the edge seeing the different technology that goes into the SBK engines with the Crank/cams etc. Really awesome..

I'll have another monster down the road. Great bike.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member

first mod should be the comfort seat from Ducati.. I couldn't ride more than 1 hr. without my ass going numb. Now I can go easily all day. Only recommendation is to cover the bottom of the seat with heat tape!!

331 LX

Established Member
first mod should be the comfort seat from Ducati.. I couldn't ride more than 1 hr. without my ass going numb. Now I can go easily all day. Only recommendation is to cover the bottom of the seat with heat tape!!

Good to know. I just read last night that it was a must, and I have a boney ass so I'll be ordering it first thing. haha

Thanks for the reply and tip on the heat tape.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Good to know. I just read last night that it was a must, and I have a boney ass so I'll be ordering it first thing. haha

Thanks for the reply and tip on the heat tape.
I saw you visited the ducati factory!! I was there and also Ferrari factory this past august!!

331 LX

Established Member
I saw you visited the ducati factory!! I was there and also Ferrari factory this past august!!

Yes! What a treat and great factory tour! It's amazing what they pump out at such a small company. Impressive.

I really wanted to go to the Ferrari factory as well but I had to choose one or the other with the time allotted. I planned to visit where my friend Nicky was killed but I couldn't logistically make it happen in the time I had. I will visit next time though.

I took a ton of pictures that I'm going to post soon, keep an eye out!

Blown38

Established Member
Love that road! We plan on making a trip down in the spring.

The place where your V1 went off is the only place I've see the cops sit. They have a map with the turns named. There are a couple with cop references.

DragonParking_2015.jpg

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Man I love that area up there. I have rode the dragon numerous times and spent a good amount of time up there. Last summer I took my jet ski up to Fontana Lake during the solar eclipse. It was 100% there. What an awesome day. Every time I see someone posting pictures from their I am extremely jealous. I hope to retire to there one day.

Users who are viewing this thread