Talk me out of a aeroforce gauge.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Currently I have a boost gauge and a wideband. Anyone have any reasons that I shouldn't get a aeroforce gauge? I mean it cannot read fuel or oil pressure.... Basically only cool thing it can do for me is tell me the exact engine temp. Either sell me on the gauge or help me decide why I don't need it. Ready.....go!

RusWolf

Established Member
You should not get it because their display is not of the highest quality.
You can not see numbers if ANY sun hits it and you can also forget about seeing anything if you wear polarized glasses!

If you still want one i will sell you mine! PM me if you want it.

Last edited:

RJ13GT

Established Member
I really don't like mine either. Buttons half work and the functions are not easy to set up. I still havent figured it out yet. And it was expensive. The only thing i really like about it is that it fits in my gauge pod. I just fumbled with it enough to show air/fuel and knock and thats what i leave on the display.

Last edited:

D98GT

Established Member
Have you guys tried inverting the color display or changing the brightness? Which color combos did you go with?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
The ngauge is awesome and will have a cheapet way to monitor boost, oil, fuel, etc shortly for the 11-14 years. Gauge fits perfect in the left side vent.

JpL4K3

Established Member
Like stated above they're absolute trash. Poor customer service too, there is no phone number to contact when you need help. The company likes to hide behind the keyboard. They also pull a constant draw on your battery so you need to unplug them everytime your done driving your car.. I could go on and on...Ngauge hands down is the way to go. Aeroforce isnt even considered a player in the game anymore.

Last edited:

Cobra 2997

Established Member
The ngauge is awesome and will have a cheapet way to monitor boost, oil, fuel, etc shortly for the 11-14 years. Gauge fits perfect in the left side vent.

Monitor boost & oil pressure ? On the NGauge ? Tell me more if you have details. I didn't see where you could select oil pressure..... I'll get rid of my boost gauge in my vent if I can monitor boost with the NGauge.

Vert

Established Member
I had an MSD dashhawk in my G8 and loved it which is similar to the aeroforce as far as monitoring. The dashhawk was a little primitive but hands down it beats aeroforce. Hate my damn gauge, impossible to read when u go wot.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I see no reason at all to use an Aeroforce gauge. Datalog the car and get it tuned properly, done. Unless you like seeing pids just because.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Monitor boost & oil pressure ? On the NGauge ? Tell me more if you have details. I didn't see where you could select oil pressure..... I'll get rid of my boost gauge in my vent if I can monitor boost with the NGauge.
If you are tuned by lund ask them about it. They know all the details. You can monitor boost, fuel pressure, another wideband, oil pressure, egts, iats. Its a very nice feature.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I like to see actual engine temp but that's about it really. I used the IAT2 on my lightning and saw high temps that ended up being caused by a dead intercooler pump. I just don't see the real needs for this gauge with my setup. Just wanted to her more reason why.

Rex Racer

Established Member
Well, this blows. I bought an a-pillar from Speed of Sound and it is currently sitting in my garage. I have been eyeing AeroForce gauges to monitor boost, IATs, and a couple of other PIDs "just because I can."

Currently, I am using the SCT-X4 as a poor man's gauge. Works good for the purpose, but not sexy or practical. I hate the length of the wire and the OBD II connector is just in the way of my leg.

Users who are viewing this thread