Tampa Coyotes

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
What pressure are you running in your tires? Try about 22-25 psi. Also 2500 might be a bit high to launch at on reg tires.

JTS_7

Established Member
Lower the tire pressure. Skip burnout box. Try not "launching" just get it out of the hole aggressively and floor it.

Sloppy Jones

Established Member
45 psi, I was spinninghad anything higher than 1500 RPM

I had no idea what I was doing, but after a few runs, I felt a lot more confident

Only ran a 12.9, but I had a great time! :)

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
Good job. Yeah a lil more practice and a lot less pressure in your tires and you will be good to go.

JTS_7

Established Member
Not terrible.

Grab some suspension, wheels, drag radials (Mickey pro) and get some seat time.

Sloppy Jones

Established Member
w9th0k.jpg

Last edited:

Sloppy Jones

Established Member
Thanks for the support guys! I had a blast and I'll be back ASAP..hopefully with some grib and a revised tune. Lund hasn't even messed with timing or shift points, excited to see what happens next time. Have a good one fellas

N20D5OH

Established Member
Sean, I have the SVE gloss black 15 x 10's. You're welcome to swing by and look at them and see if it's something you like. 45 psi is WAY too much pressure to be running, you should keep them around 32 daily. At the track I drop street tires to around 25. With that MPH on a slick you should see low 12's. What other mods do you have though aside from tune?

JTS_7

Established Member
BMR springs/pan hard bar

I know you mentioned SVE's. Just an FYI you will need either 05-10 v6 front caliper brackets and rotors or gt calipers and rotors from the same years to run a 15" front wheel. IMO 17" front looks weird with a 15" rear, but some Brembo guys wants to keep their Brembo brakes. You will also need the sway bar relocation brackets for the rear.

BMR suspension is always looking out for local guys. So get ahold of Kelly.

I would grab these items:
Upper control arm and mount
Lower control Arms
Control arm relocation brackets
Aluminum driveshaft ( shaft masters here)
Viking rear shocks

That should really wake the car up with a good tire......

also so I know you mentioned you want to go twin turbo in our messages. But if you are staying Na for a good bit, look into an e85 tune (ford racing lu47 injectors).

Last edited:

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
I know you mentioned SVE's. Just an FYI you will need either 05-10 v6 front caliper brackets and rotors or gt calipers and rotors from the same years to run a 15" front wheel. IMO 17" front looks weird with a 15" rear, but some Brembo guys wants to keep their Brembo brakes. You will also need the sway bar relocation brackets for the rear.

Lower control Arms
Viking rear shocks

also so I know you mentioned you want to go twin turbo in our messages. But if you are staying Na for a good bit, look into an e85 tune (ford racing lu47 injectors).

yep all this

Last edited:

Sloppy Jones

Established Member

Sloppy Jones

Established Member

Lower control Arms
Viking rear shocks

Thanks Jamie, I'll start with relocation brackets w/mickey pros, and control arms and see how that does me.

Good idea about the tune...it will take quite awhile to be ready for boost..I need to handle suspension and tires anyway no point if I can't put it down

Sloppy Jones

Established Member
Okay guys post whore rampage stops after this, but figured you might get some enjoyment out of the second pass *cough*rolling burnout*cough* lol [video=youtube;nheNNgSsUHw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nheNNgSsUHw[/video]

JTS_7

Established Member
Odd it still knocks with octane booster. What brand? Torco seems to be the real deal, I can't speak for other brands. Search torco on here.

The knocking was what caused me to use e85 along with the NA power benefits. I went to every gas station around (all new ones) knock still persisted with regular 93 long ago when Shaun @ AED tuned my car. First log with e85 and it went away.

Deff a smart choice to get the suspension squared away first.

N20D5OH

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread