Tampa Coyotes

JTS_7

Established Member
Sounds good, I'll get a helmet from work and dress appropriately..its my first time ever - I'll just play stupid if anyone gives me a hard time.
I will have an in car camera rolling and I'll post vids later on :) Thanks guys

Good luck!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Really didn't expect my car to run the number it did after running 10s all day. Which from what I was told was fine with no cage on newer mustangs.

Shorts thing was most definitely my fault. Slipped my mind, until I was already at the track and had a buddy tow my car out there #mt82life. So I just decided to make some passes. I did have a jacket and a helmet on as always. Lessons learned though.

What track was it?
I'm not trying to give you a hard time--I'm just saying that's what the track officials have told me--it's all about perception and when you don't look like you're trying to be safe in your racing, it gets under their skin.

They understand not wanting to cut up a brand new car to put a cage in because you went 9.99 so at the very least, wear a helmet and fire suit and they'll stay off your back.

JTS_7

Established Member
what track was it?
I'm not trying to give you a hard time--i'm just saying that's what the track officials have told me--it's all about perception and when you don't look like you're trying to be safe in your racing, it gets under their skin.

They understand not wanting to cut up a brand new car to put a cage in because you went 9.99 so at the very least, wear a helmet and fire suit and they'll stay off your back.

osw

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Like Justin said try to do all the necessary safety stuff and they are pretty cool. I put a battery cut off on my car just to try and show that I do care about safety. Ive also been asked not to post my slips on FB anymore, which ill do since they will continue to let me run. I guess some ppl are complaining.

JasinEdward

Established Member
Find someone with a motorcycle helmet you can borrow.... They're really accommodating at BMP. If you're close to stock they'll most likely request you to have a helmet.

N20D5OH

Established Member
I work at a motorcycle/atv/dirtbike etc distributor so finding a helmet was pretty easy lol I'll wear jeans, long sleeve, and cross my fingers
Sean, I see you're in Seminole. I won't be heading down this time but let me know next time you go. We could meet up and ride out together.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
I have to agree with a lot Justin has already pointed out. Its a must IMO, fast or slow its just common sense or self preservation at minimal (just in case) when going out to the track and actually being a participant, where Helmet, jeans and a shirt with sleeves. Prime example to compare to is Motorcycle riding with shorts and flip flops :/ Ugh! Then of course when you have a good idea that your car is fast, that's when I would add a jacket. I am slow, so no jacket needed lol! :p One to grow on. #1 Be safe and smart.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
as seen from the pic provided by jts_7 I already had my SVE Dark Stainless set up installed. My M&H tires I purchased from Thomas (Blazer707) just arrived Tues and had em wrapped yesterday. Getting back on the saddle here soon :)

Blurred%20SVE%20install_zpskuoaojf0.jpg

Sloppy Jones

Established Member
Roll out with me to BMP, 3 hours of sleep is fine.

What do you A6 guys launch at? I figured I'll start at 2k and see what happens, not sure how well these falken azenis will grip

JTS_7

Established Member
Dang, hell yeah I appreciate it..I'll even throw you some cash when I need them. I'll order the relo from BMR asap haha

I have 16" pony wheels I'll sell you for $50, you don't need relocation brackets to run them. They have slicks on them, maybe a couple passes left on the tires.

Users who are viewing this thread