Tampa Coyotes

Sloppy Jones

Established Member
Odd it still knocks with octane booster. What brand? Torco seems to be the real deal, I can't speak for other brands. Search torco on here.

The knocking was what caused me to use e85 along with the NA power benefits. I went to every gas station around (all new ones) knock still persisted with regular 93 long ago when Shaun @ AED tuned my car. First log with e85 and it went away.

Deff a smart choice to get the suspension squared away first.

That's reassuring, looks like E85 is next in line.

Jim, I appreciate it, and definitely, I'll PM you when I am ready :-D

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
Before you let other people spend your money, you want to plan out your goals for the car. No need to go buying parts you won't really benefit from or buying stuff twice.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
I gotch ya, one step at a time

its all about progress. Seat time + E85 + parts to improve as u see fit and works best for you. Fellas are just trying to help here with whats is known to help. No one has done it over night. Have fun doing it. Like anything else, "You gotta pay to play"

Hope to get back to the track and start my seat time again. Just checked the next T&T open track and looks like I may be aboe to head out March 28th 10-2pm at BMP. Thats my plan at least. Time to work the bugs and jitters out. 1st time back since that night :(

... Man, wat a beautiful day :coolman: it is today, NOT to be at work like me :cryying:

Last edited:

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
The parts you guys listed are known to help for sure... If he had a manual or 700 hp. But for a light bolt on automatic car with a stock converter, all he "needs" if he plans on hitting the 1/4 is lca's and relocation brackets since he is lowered. He won't be hitting the tire hard enough to warrant mickey pro's. Same thing with a uca, mount,driveshaft, and viking shocks. If he had a m6, sure. But not really needed at his level with a stock converter auto.

So like I said, plan out your build ahead of time and buy the proper parts in order.

JTS_7

Established Member
The parts you guys listed are known to help for sure... If he had a manual or 700 hp. But for a light bolt on automatic car with a stock converter, all he "needs" if he plans on hitting the 1/4 is lca's and relocation brackets since he is lowered. He won't be hitting the tire hard enough to warrant mickey pro's. Same thing with a uca, mount,driveshaft, and viking shocks. If he had a m6, sure. But not really needed at his level with a stock converter auto.

So like I said, plan out your build ahead of time and buy the proper parts in order.

From what ive gathered from my PMs with him is he plans on making the car pretty fast. So I was basing my recommendations off of that.

Suspension is a great place to start as it will help regardless of power output and only allows you to put down the power in the future.

Also recommended Mickey Pros because he said he wants SVEs which I'm sure he is not going to strap a street tire on the rear of those. So might as well put a good tire under the car while you're at it.

SVEs and Driveshaft will help knock some weight off and free up some power.

I agree yes try your best to plan out your build. Although if your like most people it will change a million times, even after you finish. LOL you're never making enough power.

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
The mickey pro's would be a good choice if he has 700 hp and wants a dedicated track tire. They suck on the street. The reg Mickey drag radials would be a better choice. They will last longer, hook better on the street, and will take pretty much anything he is throwing at them on the track.

Sloppy Jones

Established Member
The mickey pro's would be a good choice if he has 700 hp and wants a dedicated track tire. They suck on the street. The reg Mickey drag radials would be a better choice. They will last longer, hook better on the street, and will take pretty much anything he is throwing at them on the track.

Sorry I should of specified that I would only be running the SVEs at the track.

Sloppy Jones

Established Member
From what ive gathered from my PMs with him is he plans on making the car pretty fast. So I was basing my recommendations off of that.

Suspension is a great place to start as it will help regardless of power output and only allows you to put down the power in the future.

Also recommended Mickey Pros because he said he wants SVEs which I'm sure he is not going to strap a street tire on the rear of those. So might as well put a good tire under the car while you're at it.

SVEs and Driveshaft will help knock some weight off and free up some power.

I agree yes try your best to plan out your build. Although if your like most people it will change a million times, even after you finish. LOL you're never making enough power.

So, my mom co-signed on my car..I couldn't get approved at the time (18yo when I got it) and apparently I can't legally take the car to the track since the bank technically owns it, and if I wrecked at the track I could be sued by my bank. Really bummed out. Is that true? I don't think I am the only person with a modified car that isn't paid off.

Sloppy Jones

Established Member
2d6oeat.jpg

These old plugs look like shit, she's running good now

JTS_7

Established Member

Why do the pros suck on the street? If it rains sure. If you're trying to carve corners sure. But for strictly hooking up they are awesome.

My car has no issues hooking up 750hp+ in any gear on any road I have hit it on....

Honestly it's my favorite tire I've ever run on any of my cars over the years. They wear pretty quick but not obnoxiously quick if you drive sensible for the most part.

Last edited:

JTS_7

Established Member
So, my mom co-signed on my car..I couldn't get approved at the time (18yo when I got it) and apparently I can't legally take the car to the track since the bank technically owns it, and if I wrecked at the track I could be sued by my bank. Really bummed out. Is that true? I don't think I am the only person with a modified car that isn't paid off.

Slim chance. Taken your tag off and cover your VIN if you're that paranoid about it.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
^ ditto I could see them doing something if you wrecked it and didn't pay for it but as long as they get their money I don't see them giving two shits really.

Who told you that?

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
I have officially owned BOTH MT ETs and Pros. They are hands down A+ on the street (straight line, ideal dry conditions). Just my .02

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
It's all a moot point because Sloppy said he was using them for the track only, but for arguments sake, why would somebody choose a tire that wears out faster, will put you in a ditch if you get caught in the rain, and needs to be hot to hook up, when the reg mickey radials are more than adequate for him at the track?

To each his own. I just don't like substituting a slick tire for the lack of a properly set up car or skill.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
It's all a moot point because Sloppy said he was using them for the track only, but for arguments sake, why would somebody choose a tire that wears out faster, will put you in a ditch if you get caught in the rain, and needs to be hot to hook up, when the reg mickey radials are more than adequate for him at the track?

To each his own. I just don't like substituting a slick tire for the lack of a properly set up car or skill.

Agree, there is NO sub'n a slick at the track. But they are dual purpose and proven successful. The TSC was insane. ALL riding on MT ETs or Pros. Drive to the track & Home if desired. Speaking for myself and maybe some, our cars are not DD or our wheels and tires set ups are not DD. As so weather, it is Fl. but we all know to use better judgement and research on the % of sketch weather. But that's a whole different can of worms. lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread