TCS turned off in tune?

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
I had posted this question in another forum trying to find out why a company I chose to get a tune through couldn't properly turn off my TCS. And to see if anyone else has had the same issue or even tried this before. This isnt a vendor bashing thread and I really want to know if anyone else has their TCS turned off in a tune without throwing the ECS/TCS/ABS dash lights and LCD "service advancetrac" errors. But also want to bring this to light in case anyone else wastes $400 for a tune through them.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...ne-have-traction-control-turned-off-tune.html

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Do you want a tune with TC off or on?

I have a drag tune that has TC off and it throws lights on the dash because it is turned off.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Do you want a tune with TC off or on?

I have a drag tune that has TC off and it throws lights on the dash because it is turned off.

Does it also throw the ABS light blinking on the dash? The thing is, I was willing to live with it so long as it was normal. But I had called to ask the question originally and they were not sure if it was normal or not. Then I received an updated tune as the 'answer' I guess. which is the current tune that doesnt do anything.

And I dont know about you but I would rather keep ABS on.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Yes my drag tune has the ABS light blinking and service advancetrac on the message center. Im not sure what you are trying to do. Mine is for the track.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Yes my drag tune has the ABS light blinking and service advancetrac on the message center. Im not sure what you are trying to do. Mine is for the track.

First of all I would appreciate you drop the snarky remarks. I guess its pretty easy to talk shit when behind a computer. Second of all I am trying to disable just TCS. I think thats pretty clear.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
You are asking a weird question, this is a question you need to ask a tuner, Im telling you I have a DRAG tune that has abs/TC/advance trac all turned off in the tune. Never heard anyone ask for just TC to be turned off. Do you not have a button to turn off just TC?

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
You are asking a weird question, this is a question you need to ask a tuner, Im telling you I have a DRAG tune that has abs/TC/advance trac all turned off in the tune. Never heard anyone ask for just TC to be turned off. Do you not have a button to turn off just TC?

If I misinterpreted your texts I apologize. If you read the thread I linked I explain everything. Yes I only want TCS turned off and I do have a button, but I dont want to have to press it every time I get in the car and stop someplace real quick. And in my old newedge I had TCS turned off in the tune. Ive heard of plenty of people doing it before in the older stangs.

cb900f

Established Member
Seemed pretty obvious that Blazer *was* trying to help.

But yes, when you turn the TCS off in the tune all kinds of havoc is thrown up on the dash. Quite normal.

Your attitude is not cool BTW....

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
These new mustangs have a lot more then just TC and ABS. There is also advance trac to think about. I know lund has tuned a bunch of V6 mustangs maybe you can contact them and see about what they can do. I would assume that it is possible to just disable TC in the tune since when you push the button you can disable just TC.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
These new mustangs have a lot more then just TC and ABS. There is also advance trac to think about. I know lund has tuned a bunch of V6 mustangs maybe you can contact them and see about what they can do. I would assume that it is possible to just disable TC in the tune since when you push the button you can disable just TC.

Yeah I want to leave advancetrac and ABS on. And maybe there is some other easier way to disable TCS like a fuse.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Why not just hold the brakes and traction control button to turn Advancetrack and traction control off? This is what I do before every pass.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Why not just hold the brakes and traction control button to turn Advancetrack and traction control off? This is what I do before every pass.

^ Yup.. exactly

There's only one place in the tune to turn off traction control, and when you do, all of the above-mentioned stuff happens. To my knowledge, there's no way in the tune to turn the t/c off by itself without affecting the abs and other modules.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
tcs only cannot be done, everything can be disabled, but the dash will light up like a xmas tree.

we normally just unhook one abs sensor from the rear tire when going to the track. I actually leave the red car unhooked all the time

AKDMB

Established Member

Does the car respond differently than it would by just turning everything off with the TC button?

Shaun@AED

The ABS module holds the programming for the TC / Advance track / ABS. We can not access the ABS module via SCT for reprogramming, all we can do is enable / disable it, which will throw all the warning lights when disabled.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
First of all I would appreciate you drop the snarky remarks. I guess its pretty easy to talk shit when behind a computer. Second of all I am trying to disable just TCS. I think thats pretty clear.

Wow you have issues. Its apparent he is trying to help you and you come off like that? You should seek help it's obvious you have a mental issue going on judging how you interpreted his response. Good luck with your tune you got by filling out a form on an internet site. Next time check the "other box" for TC.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Wow you have issues. Its apparent he is trying to help you and you come off like that? You should seek help it's obvious you have a mental issue going on judging how you interpreted his response. Good luck with your tune you got by filling out a form on an internet site. Next time check the "other box" for TC.

lol.

Users who are viewing this thread