Terminated a 2010 SS

Black Molly

Established Member
Sorry but the new SS moe's are slow as SH!T. I saw one at the track and was not able to beat 14.1 in a 1/4 mile

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Sorry but the new SS moe's are slow as SH!T. I saw one at the track and was not able to beat 14.1 in a 1/4 mile

A lot of that depends on driver and track conditions. I've driven one to a 13.0 bone stock and seen video of a stock one running a 12.6. Far from slow.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Nice kill, I'm dying to get my car done and wrack up some hurt on some of the local SS's here

^^^^^ :dw: Are you kidding me? With the mods :eek: you have, I think you'll be racking up on more than just camaro's. They won't stand a chance, even if they were blown!

MechEngr

Established Member
Does anyone know if there is a video of the two racing against each other stock vs stock anywhere?

My brother is going to buy a new 2ss when he gets back from Afghanistan and I hope to soon be in the market for a terminator (preferably one that is close to stock), which is why I am so interested. I don't care which care wins I would just like to see it.

Also, how do you guys think they would stack up around a road course, both stock of course?

mysterio

Established Member
Does anyone know if there is a video of the two racing against each other stock vs stock anywhere?

My brother is going to buy a new 2ss when he gets back from Afghanistan and I hope to soon be in the market for a terminator (preferably one that is close to stock), which is why I am so interested. I don't care which care wins I would just like to see it.

Also, how do you guys think they would stack up around a road course, both stock of course?

Apparently, finding a stock Termn8r is about as elusive as finding a hot blonde at a Mensa meeting. Both are probably out there, but you reallllly have to look hard.

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
these guys are so sensitive! i need backup!

[ame=http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/showthread.php?p=224699#post224699]Camaro Bites off more than it can chew - Page 3 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Forums[/ame]

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

You registered on the Camaro forum to post that video? "Camaro Bites off more than it can chew". HaHa what did you expect man..

Troll.jpg

svtjoe123

Termin8r
Established Member
I happened to get ahold of a '10 5th gen about a month ago (he's a customer that comes into the tire shop i work at looks like he's about 26ish) orange with black stripes auto with tune, nitto drag radials, and muffler delete. all my car has is a bassani catback, pro 5.0, and stage 1 driver mod. he pulled up next to me at a stop light and asked me if i wanted to go from a roll, which turned out being 25 i had him by a car length at the top of second and i let off. but from what i hear apparently the autos are detuned compared to the 6 speed cars but his mods shoula made up for that he pulled up to me and said "damn that thing is nasty what's done to it?" to which i replied "exhaust" we gave mutual thumbs-up, i told him he had a nice car and we went on our ways.

svtjoe123

Termin8r
Established Member
one day i'll be as cool as this guy
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBggNan78Ls"]YouTube- 1000 RWHP Mustang Out For A Spin[/nomedia]
listen to what the driver of the mustang says at 50-52 seconds made me giggle

Bob Cosby

Established Member

Traumatized

..but it's just a truck..
Established Member
My buddy bought a new 2010 SS 2S Camaro. Pretty nice car. We took a little battle on the road, his Camaro and My "lightly modded" 2003 Lightning.....He didnt fair too well. The L took him by about 4-5 lengths. I thought he had let off or something....nope, my wife was riding with him and she said he was doing everything he could have to catch up...Love it!!

the_jester_812

garage racer
Established Member
damn, those guys are straight up dicks on that site. see that's the kind of stuff that makes Chevy fans look bad. what do they think they have, yeah it makes decent power but its too damn heavy. a full exhaust 4th gen should run right next to a 5th gen.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
damn, those guys are straight up dicks on that site. see that's the kind of stuff that makes Chevy fans look bad. what do they think they have, yeah it makes decent power but its too damn heavy. a full exhaust 4th gen should run right next to a 5th gen.

:beer:
lol yeah they do. we know your not all bad, we have some good chevy folks here.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Nice kill! I'm hoping to find a stock Cobra in our SS to see what the run would result in. I have a feeling the 03-04 would pull by a car or so from a roll. Still be interesting test!

Thanks for the vid.
Maybe a bit more, we have seen in it in the past years. LS2 GTO, LS1 F-Body, and LS3 Camaro are pretty much all neck to neck..... with the LS3 having the small "edge" because of its power. Still though, I would love to have a Newmaro SS :beer:

marc97taws6

Established Member
Good kill!

I actually enjoyed reading a Car and Driver issue FOR ONCE regarding the LPE Supercharged Camaro SS vs. Roush Stage 3 Mustang. Was a good read.

Users who are viewing this thread