Terminator and a Life Lost

Zemedici

Established Member
Going to buy, insure, and maintain something you may need 3 times a year?
View attachment 1459147

As long as the thing has 4 wheels and gets me to work who cares? I can put some oil in it occasionally, but even the shittiest of vehicles could go a couple months...

But you also just said you have had two cars since you were young, and Brady said the same, so it can be done?

Last edited:

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
As far as having 2 cars goes. Not everyone can do this. My wife and I shared a car for 3 years while she was in school and I was the only income.
More than likely all his money was in that cobra and for all we know he was trying to get to work to pay for it. My wife DD her SS and being a RN they told her she was required to go to work when it iced down here. She got up the street and had to turn around cause the roads out were iced over.
RIP to this young man and my best to the others involved

CV355

_
Established Member
That happened just a few miles from us. The roads were a mess yesterday.

Several of us went out at lunchtime and there were, no joke, at least 6 vehicles off the road within the first 2000' on the highway. Looks like one even caught fire somehow because today the ground is all scorched.

:(

CV355

_
Established Member
That said, do any southern owners even know what a snow tire is since this isn't typical for them. So I could see how this could happen unfortunately.

Unlikely. There isn't enough snow down here for people to learn how to drive in it. And what makes it especially treacherous down here is that precipitation usually starts out as rain and then temps drop fast, leaving ice under a thin layer of snow.

I grew up in CT- I used to barrel over 2 feet of snow like it was nothing in my old truck. You can get traction on snow, but not ice.

So, people think "it's ok, I got a 4wd truck" and then over-react when they hit a patch of ice.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I understand maybe he could only afford the one car .
I am sure there must be mass transit in the area , and to ride the bus might be a more safe way to get to work , to pay the payment i owe ,
That is the trip i would take.
I live where there is only 3 months of summer , have a 4x4 for the rest if the year , paid 6k and had it 5 years ,and can still get what i paid , today
Weather can be 65 in the early day , and 2 " of snow by evening .
I think about the roads , as u do my under wear .
Briefs , or long johns , you decide ...

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
As long as the thing has 4 wheels and gets me to work who cares? I can put some oil in it occasionally, but even the shittiest of vehicles could go a couple months...

But you also just said you have had two cars since you were young, and Brady said the same, so it can be done?
It can be done, but I also said there were a couple times I didn't and had to make the fun one work. Things happen, and I know plenty who struggle to afford one, so the assumption everyone can isn't accurate.

I understand maybe he could only afford the one car .
I am sure there must be mass transit in the area , and to ride the bus might be a more safe way to get to work , to pay the payment i owe ,
That is the trip i would take.
I live where there is only 3 months of summer , have a 4x4 for the rest if the year , paid 6k and had it 5 years ,and can still get what i paid , today
Weather can be 65 in the early day , and 2 " of snow by evening .
I think about the roads , as u do my under wear .
Briefs , or long johns , you decide ...[/B]
Not really sure you understand, when you follow up with "I paid $5k for a truck for bad weather". How many kids that age have an extra $5k to drop on a truck, insurance, maintenance, etc.

As for mass transit, where I worked at that time, it wasn't an option. Sometimes you need to make one vehicle work.

Zemedici

Established Member
It can be done, but I also said there were a couple times I didn't and had to make the fun one work. Things happen, and I know plenty who struggle to afford one, so the assumption everyone can isn't accurate.

Not really sure you understand, when you follow up with "I paid $5k for a truck for bad weather". How many kids that age have an extra $5k to drop on a truck, insurance, maintenance, etc.

As for mass transit, where I worked at that time, it wasn't an option. Sometimes you need to make one vehicle work.

If it’s conditions like THAT and my only mode of transportation is a cobra, someone’s picking me up or I’m staying home...

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
If it’s conditions like THAT and my only mode of transportation is a cobra, someone’s picking me up or I’m staying home...
I had to get a ride from work and picked up the next day once. Got onto the main street and hit a light middle of a big hill. I knew I was screwed, sure enough couldn't get going. Not many people out, was able to reverse, spin around and basically slide into an apartment complex. That was sketchy.

Zemedici

Established Member
I had to get a ride from work and picked up the next day once. Got onto the main street and hit a light middle of a big hill. I knew I was screwed, sure enough couldn't get going. Not many people out, was able to reverse, spin around and basically slide into an apartment complex. That was sketchy.

Same shit with my first cobra - lived on a decent grade. Car slid down the hill. Parked it in my yard and called boss to come pick me up. Scooped me up in a diesel Cruze. But I knew not to try and risk it....

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
At the moment my wife is driving a Grand Cherokee, my daughter is in an AWD Mountaineer, and I have my convertible 02 GT.

My only option in driving is my Mustang; snow, sleet, rain, or shine.

My truck blew up.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I think kids of today are generally more of the belief they can do what they really shouldn't be doing. They don't understand the true gravity of the situation.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member

I understand perfectly.
I made payment on the truck , just like any kid can do .

No need to make excusses for poor decisions .

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member

I understand perfectly.
I made payment on the truck , just like any kid can do .

No need to make excusses for poor decisions .
I think you smoked a little too much.

You're saying a 21 year old kid should make payments on a $5k truck and a Cobra. So you expect a kid to pay $600 or so a month to have a car and a truck he might need 1-3 times a year, might. He better have a house too, right? Because most apartments don't allow more than one per tenant.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Sometimes you don’t know what you don’t know. Maybe he didn’t realize how dangerous the situation was. I saw plenty of vehicles off the road Tuesday ranging from FWD cars to semis. There was a 4x4 F250 in front of me that the ass end kept sliding out. Dude didn’t know to put weight over his rear axle.

Users who are viewing this thread