Terminator Future Value Opinions

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
To me the Terminator will follow the 68.5-70 cobra jet cars. Similar production numbers both cars considered new levels of performance for Ford.

I think the terminator will get more love though because it really is a game changer car. The one thing about terminators though is it seems like there is plenty of low mileage, well taken care of cars. On the other hand there seems to be a new one parted out every week as well. Maybe the bulk that survive are weekend cruisers with low miles.
Thanks Mike! Appreciate the perspective my friend. My Terminators are taken care of, but I do not consider them low mile cars. Coupe has around 47K and my Vert has around 77K.

Maybe when they are a few more years older those numbers may seem acceptable LOL.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Thanks Mike! Appreciate the perspective my friend. My Terminators are taken care of, but I do not consider them low mile cars. Coupe has around 47K and my Vert has around 77K.

Maybe when they are a few more years older those numbers may seem acceptable LOL.
Mine has 74k miles. Modded pretty good. Needs a repaint, clear coat. I need to put about $10k in just the body work to get it to how I want it. For now, I drive it without any worry of small rock chips, etc.

I also need OEM seats or seat covers. A previous owner put aftermarket 10th anniversary covers. They look good but they bother me now that I know they aren’t OEM. Oh well…it’s a driver which I like. I bought it to drive so that’s what I do.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
To me the Terminator will follow the 68.5-70 cobra jet cars. Similar production numbers both cars considered new levels of performance for Ford.

I think the terminator will get more love though because it really is a game changer car.

i like to think scarpello's svt marketing department was on to something with this promotional poster....

s-l4002.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well I can try to shed a little light on this topic. We bought 3 foxbody mustangs, one in 2019 and the other two within the last year.

My first mustang was a 91 white GT. So I'm a foxbody guy no doubt.

But I'd never sell my 03 cobra for one. It's the longest I've ever owned a car.

Prices seem to be all over the place on fox mustangs and location. I also didn't buy them for an investment.

I have all three of them insured for much more than what we paid. It's crazy though, I get a lot more attention in my fox mustangs than my 03 cobra.

I will say we bought the 93 reef blue hatch because I know it's a very sought after color. And has black interior, one owner with 27k miles. I'm not saving it for the next person, but wanted to buy it and keep it as original as I can.
60e8b1c2236bca82434df17f23ce58f2.jpg
17ae035ddb868c4fd5165a0b38d0b3e9.jpg
35a2f3313e38bf17d3f94525431a90dc.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Well I can try to shed a little light on this topic. We bought 3 foxbody mustangs, one in 2019 and the other two within the last year.

My first mustang was a 91 white GT. So I'm a foxbody guy no doubt.

But I'd never sell my 03 cobra for one. It's the longest I've ever owned a car.

Prices seem to be all over the place on fox mustangs and location. I also didn't buy them for an investment.

I have all three of them insured for much more than what we paid. It's crazy though, I get a lot more attention in my fox mustangs than my 03 cobra.

I will say we bought the 93 reef blue hatch because I know it's a very sought after color. And has black interior, one owner with 27k miles. I'm not saving it for the next person, but wanted to buy it and keep it as original as I can.

Thank you for posting up Brady. Love hearing from SVTP member who do own both.

I hear you on the more attention in the Fox than the Cobra. The Fox is a minimum 10 years older and I believe the New Edges (non-Cobra's) are still seen more often than not. So spotting a Fox Body out and about is a little more exciting right now. At least it's that way for me LOL.

I do love my Terminator coupe and would never consider selling it for a Fox Body, but I have 2 Terminators. So, for me, it would be cooler to have a Fox and a Terminator coupe over having a Terminator coupe and a Terminator convertible. Although that is cool too, but I also have a New Edge Roush. So, I'm wanting less New Edge and more Fox Body LOL....

Mind you I'm not complaingin, just coveting LMAO!!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you for posting up Brady. Love hearing from SVTP member who do own both.

I hear you on the more attention in the Fox than the Cobra. The Fox is a minimum 10 years older and I believe the New Edges (non-Cobra's) are still seen more often than not. So spotting a Fox Body out and about is a little more exciting right now. At least it's that way for me LOL.

I do love my Terminator coupe and would never consider selling it for a Fox Body, but I have 2 Terminators. So, for me, it would be cooler to have a Fox and a Terminator coupe over having a Terminator coupe and a Terminator convertible. Although that is cool too, but I also have a New Edge Roush. So, I'm wanting less New Edge and more Fox Body LOL....

Mind you I'm not complaingin, just coveting LMAO!!!
I completely understand, you'll still have a cobra. I ultimately wanted a 90-93 oxford white GT, but ended up with a 93 reef blue hatch lx.

Sooo, maybe down the road I'll get one. But we just made a big purchase. We were leasing our office building and just bought a different office building on December 2nd. So I'll have to behave for a while. :(

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Glenn I'd ditch the Roush for the fox if you're really wanting to fill that void.
I hear you Mike and have considered that option. Problem is I would take a significent hit on price vs what I paid.

I get the "It's not an investment." But would rather see a better return than what the Roush offers at this point. I thought the Roush would be more desirable when I bought it (kind of like the Shelby's), but Roush flooded the market. So, there are more Roush's than Terminators and there are better Roush's out there than my 380R.

This is another reason I kick myself. I traded my 89GT in when I got the Roush. Dumbest thing I ever did. Car wise LMAO!!!

Stupid.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I hear you Mike and have considered that option. Problem is I would take a significent hit on price vs what I paid.

I get the "It's not an investment." But would rather see a better return than what the Roush offers at this point. I thought the Roush would be more desirable when I bought it (kind of like the Shelby's), but Roush flooded the market. So, there are more Roush's than Terminators and there are better Roush's out there than my 380R.

This is another reason I kick myself. I traded my 89GT in when I got the Roush. Dumbest thing I ever did. Car wise LMAO!!!

View attachment 1773550
We all wish we could have that one car back. I sold my 92 medium titanium metallic notch back in 09 and bought my cobra in 2010.

That car had low miles, 5 spd, and factory non AC which is kinda unique. I don't regret buying my cobra, but couldn't swing having both back then.

I'm always looking a daily at for sale ads of foxbody mustangs. I'm not sure what my problem is.....I think I just love the body style.

LS WUT

Established Member
We all wish we could have that one car back. I sold my 92 medium titanium metallic notch back in 09 and bought my cobra in 2010.

That car had low miles, 5 spd, and factory non AC which is kinda unique. I don't regret buying my cobra, but couldn't swing having both back then.

I'm always looking a daily at for sale ads of foxbody mustangs. I'm not sure what my problem is.....I think I just love the body style.

I do the exact same thing with 03/04 cobras lol. It’s my version of Facebook I guess haha.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I do the exact same thing with 03/04 cobras lol. It’s my version of Facebook I guess haha.
So do I. I was out of the Mustang game completely from around 2000 - 2005 and had no idea the Terminator even existed. The first time I went to the track and seen a 03/04 Cobra just assuming it was the same as a 99/01, I was hooked!

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Will they appreciate? Sure. Will they ever reach the same level as a numbers matching ‘70 Hemi 4speed ‘Cuda? Not likely. I also depends on what you have, wrapper car is going to be a lot more money that one that has been a modified daily driven one with a couple hundered thousnad on it that may have seen a couple of fender benders obviously. Where the market goes in 20 or 30 years is anyone’s guess. Not many kids now are growing up with the passion for cars that we had growing up in the ‘60’s. buying a collector car should not be seen as an investment in my eyes, Buy it because you love not not because you think you can make money on it.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Will they appreciate? Sure. Will they ever reach the same level as a numbers matching ‘70 Hemi 4speed ‘Cuda? Not likely. I also depends on what you have, wrapper car is going to be a lot more money that one that has been a modified daily driven one with a couple hundered thousnad on it that may have seen a couple of fender benders obviously. Where the market goes in 20 or 30 years is anyone’s guess. Not many kids now are growing up with the passion for cars that we had growing up in the ‘60’s. buying a collector car should not be seen as an investment in my eyes, Buy it because you love not not because you think you can make money on it.
I understand your point completely Bullitt and agree with you 100%. I realize purchasing a car for investment purposes is a bad idea. I do buy cars because I like them and not for what they may be worth one day.

So, I was just wondering what people thought of having a Terminator or Fox Body in 20 years and which would be worth more. Not necessarily as an investment, but which would would yield more down the road.

I agree with you that today's generation may not look at these cars the way we do, but if I have to sell down the road (for whatever reason (i.e. doctor bills, health care, physical care, other, etc.)) which will benefit me or my family more.

I'm sure when I'm dead and gone my kids won't want either of these cars anyway, but will want the money from the sale of these cars.

So, I'm trying to capture the complete picture here. Which car will give me the most enjoyment and provide some type of monetary value to my family when the time comes.

I know either way I go is a roll of the dice. My choice right now would be to sell the 03 Vert and buy a Fox Body, but I've made bad choices before and I'm looking for opinions from my fellow SVTP members and have received great advice thus far.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
The cars that are appreciating now seem to be the super cars, the ford GT, McClarens, Porches. All cars most of us would have to trade our house for. If you have the deep pockets necessary, there is money to be made. But buying Terminator 20 years ago for 35k or what ever they were worth and selling it today for 50k after you have paid to store it, maintain and insure it for 20 years likely doesn’t cover your true costs

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The cars that are appreciating now seem to be the super cars, the ford GT, McClarens, Porches. All cars most of us would have to trade our house for. If you have the deep pockets necessary, there is money to be made. But buying Terminator 20 years ago for 35k or what ever they were worth and selling it today for 50k after you have paid to store it, maintain and insure it for 20 years likely doesn’t cover your true costs
Honestly,

Some cars don't require a lot of money to maintain. There is a lot of factors that play into this.

Storage: If you simply have it in your garage or shop it's not costing anything really.

Maintain: This obviously can go either way. We all see plenty of sub 1,000 mile cars listed everywhere for sale. So what's so different about maintaining that? Start it up maybe every few weeks, drive it around the block maybe? Change the oil every other year? Basically need to check it over like any other vehicle.

Insurance:. This could be the most expensive depending on agreed value, drivers history, age and location. But we have our 67 fastback insured for 90k, and it's only around 400-500 dollars a year. I'd have to double check for exact amount.

In saying this, I personally feel that foxbody mustangs will not depreciate a lot. Sure they will some like all cars, but will bounce back. I've watched, bought, and seen plenty of these sell over the years.

I can tell you that I paid 28k for my 93 reef blue hatch 1 owner with 27k miles almost exactly a year ago. Many people probably wouldn't have paid that much, but it's what I wanted. I currently have it's agreed value at 35k. In a few years I'll probably try to increase it to 40k.

Just my opinions.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Honestly,

Some cars don't require a lot of money to maintain. There is a lot of factors that play into this.

Storage: If you simply have it in your garage or shop it's not costing anything really.

Maintain: This obviously can go either way. We all see plenty of sub 1,000 mile cars listed everywhere for sale. So what's so different about maintaining that? Start it up maybe every few weeks, drive it around the block maybe? Change the oil every other year? Basically need to check it over like any other vehicle.

Insurance:. This could be the most expensive depending on agreed value, drivers history, age and location. But we have our 67 fastback insured for 90k, and it's only around 400-500 dollars a year. I'd have to double check for exact amount.

In saying this, I personally feel that foxbody mustangs will not depreciate a lot. Sure they will some like all cars, but will bounce back. I've watched, bought, and seen plenty of these sell over the years.

I can tell you that I paid 28k for my 93 reef blue hatch 1 owner with 27k miles almost exactly a year ago. Many people probably wouldn't have paid that much, but it's what I wanted. I currently have it's agreed value at 35k. In a few years I'll probably try to increase it to 40k.

Just my opinions.

Your ideology Brady is on par with mine as far as maintenance. I would even go as far as saying you could cancel insurance on a car you're not driving (risky, but you could do it) or just keep comprehensive on it in case of damage while in storage (i.e. your garage).

However, to be honest, if you're not driving it that much and you're only paying between $300 and $500 a year that's not bad when you break it down into monthly payments. My 65 and T-Bird are paid on agreed upon value. My other cars are on a general insurance policy. Now paying those premiums for something they think I'm driving everyday when they actually sit is where that cost does not make sense over the long haul as indicated by @Bullitt1448 .

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Your ideology Brady is on par with mine as far as maintenance. I would even go as far as saying you could cancel insurance on a car you're not driving (risky, but you could do it) or just keep comprehensive on it in case of damage while in storage (i.e. your garage).

However, to be honest, if you're not driving it that much and you're only paying between $300 and $500 a year that's not bad when you break it down into monthly payments. My 65 and T-Bird are paid on agreed upon value. My other cars are on a general insurance policy. Now paying those premiums for something they think I'm driving everyday when they actually sit is where that cost does not make sense over the long haul as indicated by @Bullitt1448 .
Yeah I'm insured through Grundy. Premiums are paid in full once a year for the whole year. Not sure if they even do only storage insurance. Obviously, not a concern for me though.

But I'll tell you, insurance on the GT 350 is crazy expensive. Grundy is still cheaper than my normal insurance company (American Family) but wow!

bull_dog190

Established Member
same here bro. To our defense. The world sucks. People think men can be women, kids should be sexualized at the age 3, and men should be able to be romantically involved with children. Yeah…I wonder why I’m crabby and ungrateful all the time. World has gone batsh*t crazy within 15 years….
Building back better!!:poop:

Users who are viewing this thread