Terminator Vs Evo 9 Goes Down Hard

stryker9

Established Member
I think its an o.k. looking car. The funniest one I have heard is they look like transformer s**t. lol
trying to post time slip, should be up in a minute.

JMD0346

Established Member
I dont know these cars so im dumb to them.

Id love to know how a stock Evo puts down 200-240awhp est stock and one with exhaust, intake, I/C, e85, 12+/- more psi, tune puts down 450awhp. Thats 200-250awhp gain. That would mean that this Evo is putting down 520+ at the crank. Please help me understand guys.

Is that really possible? I looked at a few on that Evo site and from the looks of it they are all 100+/- awhp less with the same or more mods.

stryker9

Established Member
I should mention that I currently hold the stock turbo stock cam record. I am currently shooting for the stock block stock turbo record. I believe its 10.70. I currently have a bit of competition in the evo world. Most people at this point would have upgraded to a larger turbo.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I dont know these cars so im dumb to them.

Id love to know how a stock Evo puts down 200-240awhp est stock and one with exhaust, intake, I/C, e85, 12+/- more psi, tune puts down 450awhp. Thats 200-250awhp gain. That would mean that this Evo is putting down 520+ at the crank. Please help me understand guys.

Is that really possible? I looked at a few on that Evo site and from the looks of it they are all 100+/- awhp less with the same or more mods.

x1000000000000000000000000000000

stryker9

Established Member
Most people don't have the same goals as I do with my car. btw the stock turbo is only making 22lbs give or take by redline. Yes it spikes high but drops immediately.

JMD0346

Established Member
Most people don't have the same goals as I do with my car. btw the stock turbo is only making 22lbs give or take by redline. Yes it spikes high but drops immediately.

So 16-18psi is stock from what I understand. You make 4-6 more psi and that gives you 200-250 more awhp? Well that and some piping and exhaust and e85.

Like I said I dont know these cars but I just dont buy that for a dollar. If Im wrong I do appologize but youd have to prove me wrong. Personally at this point I wouldnt worry about it. Tell people whatever you like.:beer:

THAITED

Established Member

The funny thing is all of the sudden all these info came up. Why didn't you disclose this from the beginning...if this is not trolling, then what is it then?

stryker9

Established Member
sorry, posted wrong 1
track.jpg

Last edited:

gifted 1

KB'd Cobra...
Established Member
This is a local guy running around here. He's tuning his new set up now. With his old set up he was making 600awhp and only running in the mid 10's. He now makes 700+. He's shooting for a streetable mid 9...
If stryker is really turning those times with only the list of mods he has, that is impressive...Good Kill

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r78tvbiLOxo"]YouTube- Memphis Street Racing 08 30 09 Mellon Tuning 700awhp EVO vs C6, R6 and Hyabusa[/ame]

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Properly set up means exactly what its says: properly set up. Not some mismatched pile of parts.

Let me guess, my 96 cobra with a stock longblock 4.6 and a KB running 9's is also B.S?

I will call BS on that all day long! Not factory stock long block from a 96 Cobra thats for sure. Never mind the fact that KB does not make a 2.8 for 96-98 Cobra's, or an intercooler for that matter! So you have a transplanted 03 Cobra engine with a KB 2.8 that runs 9's. BIG ****ING DIFFERENCE! Your post = FAIL.

Stupercharged

Established Member
the numbers seem attainable but i wouldnt call it safe. my buddy has an evoIX with full turbo back, intake, e85 (plus all supporting mods), and exedy twin disc. he put down 396awhp and 423awtq and that is with 28psi of boost. we raced one day and my numbers are 433rwhp and 442rwtq and from a 40 roll i put almost 1/2 a length on him by 80mph and then he said he got locked out of 4th gear. he wanted to go again to see if he wouldnt get locked out this time but he said 40mph was too high for his gearing so we went from 20mph which put me in 1st and i just spun n hopped n short shifted n he put like 2 lengths on me then. id say if traction werent an issue id consistently pull him and he would agree to that. my buddy runs 11.8 at 118mph compared to my 12.9 at 113mph. obviously we ran from a roll to see whos car was actually faster cuz we both knew his awd would kick my ass on street tires from a dig. id say your kill is possible in a stock cobra or intake exhaust and not tune cobra but def not a pullied cobra. with that said good kill.

evo connevo

Established Member
I'm really surprised at everyone calling bs on the power potential and bang for buck the evo has. Evo 9s will put down 330-350whp no problem with intake, exhaust, and boost controller. When you go further than that and add a fuel pump, piping, intercooler, and some fuel, 400whp is not a problem. There's been a ton of info on this stuff, not just on evolutionm.net. Like I said earlier, 315whp put my next to an 03 cobra on the highway and i didn't shift out of 4th gear, it was from 65-110. 380whp let me pull past c5z's while rolling too. Short gearing and stock turbo torque will move the car without issue. 400whp is enough for 118-120mph traps.

stryker9

Established Member
supercharged, what your saying is that a car with 50 whp less than I have that traps 6 mph less than I do stuck almost door to door with your pullied cobra but I couldn't? I don't know a whole lot about 03-04 cobras but is a 3.1 pulley stock.

Users who are viewing this thread