TerminatorCobraJP's 700WHP Cobra Build

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
It makes a huge difference in the feel of the car in my opinion
That's good because the car definitely feels like it could be stiffened up a bit in the corners. I drive some of my friends cars like a C6 Vette, S550 5.0s, '14 Camaro SS, several BMWs and they feel significantly more rigid. But even still they all agree that my stock Cobra is the most fun to drive.

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

efnfast

Established Member
My RST didn't hold up under moderate use for very long with a ported eaton so... Imagine a whipple wouldn't fair much better.

are you guys beating the shit out of your cars at every light? I'm basic mods (ported/pullied/intake/exhaust/tune) and still using the original clutch that came with the car, over 250,000 miles later.....

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
That's good because the car definitely feels like it could be stiffened up a bit in the corners. I drive some of my friends cars like a C6 Vette, S550 5.0s, '14 Camaro SS, several BMWs and they feel significantly more rigid. But even still they all agree that my stock Cobra is the most fun to drive.

As they should, this platform is based on the 79 Fox .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
are you guys beating the shit out of your cars at every light? I'm basic mods (ported/pullied/intake/exhaust/tune) and still using the original clutch that came with the car, over 250,000 miles later.....
I don't understand how you've done that. I had a Spec Stage 1 kit put in the car in April, it was perfect for about 5K miles and then just started slipping like crazy. I've been turning the firewall adjuster clockwise to take some tension out, I figured it may have too much preload and it would seem like it'd help for a little bit but then it'd just start slipping again. I have taken so much tension out of the clutch cable now, the bearings still not chirping but I can't take much more tension out of it at this point and my clutch is still slipping.
Snapchat-766945984.jpeg
20231214_165315.jpeg

bird_dog0347

Established Member
This is what I plan on getting once I'm at that point

I don't mean to sound "preachy" here, but things like chassis/suspension/brakes are mods you do BEFORE you up the power. If you were building a house, would you install the granite counters and expensive appliances before you finish the foundation and framing?

cobracide

Established Member
It's as simple as organic vs ceramic composite. Organic for me with a Aluminum flywheel chattered like an sob. Ceramic composite and heavy steel flywheel smoothed all that shit out. Plus I don't have to be afraid to hit that clutch as hard as I want. Research organic vs Ceramic. You can only slip an organic clutch for so long and with a 700hp goal - it's toast.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
It's as simple as organic vs ceramic composite. Organic for me with a Aluminum flywheel chattered like an sob. Ceramic composite and heavy steel flywheel smoothed all that shit out. Plus I don't have to be afraid to hit that clutch as hard as I want. Research organic vs Ceramic. You can only slip an organic clutch for so long and with a 700hp goal - it's toast.
That's why I was asking if I should do that Vengeance clutch instead cause it said it uses ceramic disks and the Mcleods say organic. I'm pretty rough on my car so I don't want it to start slipping after a few months of abuse.

cobracide

Established Member
That's why I was asking if I should do that Vengeance clutch instead cause it said it uses ceramic disks and the Mcleods say organic. I'm pretty rough on my car so I don't want it to start slipping after a few months of abuse.

One more time, just to be clear - RST is organic RXT is ceramic.

MG0h3

Established Member
Make sure you haven’t tightened your cable too much. That’s the same as pushing on the pedal.

Set it so it’s touching just enough to spin the TOB with no pedal pressure.

I do it running and set it so that with a finger or two, I can push the fork back enough to create a gap to wear the TOB stops. Let go, spinning again.

Watch out for the sparks

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Make sure you haven’t tightened your cable too much. That’s the same as pushing on the pedal.

Set it so it’s touching just enough to spin the TOB with no pedal pressure.

I do it running and set it so that with a finger or two, I can push the fork back enough to create a gap to wear the TOB stops. Let go, spinning again.

Watch out for the sparks

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
My TOB is definitely touching the fingers but I've already taken a lot of tension out of it, I can't take much more out of it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Within the first few minutes of slipping the clutch was probably done. There's no amount of adjustment that is going to fix. You might be able to get it rebuilt by Spec, but that means down time. I don't know how you use the car and if down time is an issue.

Honestly, it sounds like something wasn't installed correctly.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Within the first few minutes of slipping the clutch was probably done. There's no amount of adjustment that is going to fix. You might be able to get it rebuilt by Spec, but that means down time. I don't know how you use the car and if down time is an issue.

Honestly, it sounds like something wasn't installed correctly.
Well it's definitely been slipping a lot so I guess it's just gone. I did have a shop install it, so I probably won't be doing that again.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Update: Mcleod RXT and a Lethal Performance steel flywheel have arrived. Next things I gotta get now are the 26 spline input shaft and the head cooling mod and then I guess I'll be attempting to install all of this
Snapchat-1471707051.jpeg
Snapchat-119280095.jpeg

Attachments

• Snapchat-119280095.jpeg
    Snapchat-119280095.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 36

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Unfortunately my car has just been hit. It was parked in the driveway and a friend of mine backed right into my Cobra. The front bumper is cracked, the driver side head light is cracked and the fender is dented and crunched in. If it ain't one thing, it's another. I'm pretty upset about it. Will an original Terminator front bumper need to be sourced now? I believe I've heard the replica front bumpers don't fit right with a Terminator hood, correct?
Snapchat-1030127658.jpeg
Snapchat-1658764405.jpeg
Snapchat-476242423.jpeg

Attachments

• Snapchat-1030127658.jpeg
    Snapchat-1030127658.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 41

LS WUT

Established Member
Unfortunately my car has just been hit. It was parked in the driveway and a friend of mine backed right into my Cobra. The front bumper is cracked, the driver side head light is cracked and the fender is dented and crunched in. If it ain't one thing, it's another. I'm pretty upset about it. Will an original Terminator front bumper need to be sourced now? I believe I've heard the replica front bumpers don't fit right with a Terminator hood, correct?View attachment 1823210View attachment 1823211View attachment 1823213

Just have it repaired brother. It can be fixed by a reputable shop trust me. Always best to keep your oem and have it fixed trust me. Sorry to hear about it brother. Sounds like you’re 1 less friend haha.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Damn at least you didn’t try to hide it lol, shop should be able to repair it no need from replacement.
That would be nice. I know a local body shop that I trust and I've seen their work before. Maybe I can even get them to fix the ugly drill holes in my front bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread