TerminatorCobraJP's 700WHP Cobra Build

LS WUT

Established Member
That would be nice. I know a local body shop that I trust and I've seen their work before. Maybe I can even get them to fix the ugly drill holes in my front bumper.

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Now that’s a perfect time to fill those ugly holes! It all worked itself out haha. Just have your buddy pay for the damages instead of insurance. Hate seeing accidents reported on these cars if they’re minor. Then if you ever have to sell it. Trying to explain it was minor is like taking wherthers candy from grandma.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Now that’s a perfect time to fill those ugly holes! It all worked itself out haha. Just have your buddy pay for the damages instead of insurance. Hate seeing accidents reported on these cars if they’re minor. Then if you ever have to sell it. Trying to explain it was minor is like taking wherthers candy from grandma.
I've already filed the claim with insurance. My friends are all kids around my age. He does not have the money to pay for the damages and him being young, immature, and irresponsible is probably why this accident happened at all. My car was parked there the whole time but he started reversing very fast without looking behind him. I tried to get him to stop but he didn't. I saw him going straight for my car. I always did want to get those drill holes fixed, just not under these circumstances. He's lucky I fully intend on keeping this car forever and I'm not very concerned about resale value but if I'm ever in a situation where I'm forced to sell the car this may effect that now. It sucks, at least no one was injured.

LS WUT

Established Member
I've already filed the claim with insurance. My friends are all kids around my age. He does not have the money to pay for the damages and him being young, immature, and irresponsible is probably why this accident happened at all. My car was parked there the whole time but he started reversing very fast without looking behind him. I tried to get him to stop but he didn't. I saw him going straight for my car. I always did want to get those drill holes fixed, just not under these circumstances. He's lucky I fully intend on keeping this car forever and I'm not very concerned about resale value but if I'm ever in a situation where I'm forced to sell the car this may effect that now. It sucks, at least no one was injured.

That’s extremely unfortunate. My father always told me. You’re who you surround yourself with. I’m older now 31, however when I was in my 20’s I always hung out with my brothers friends who were older, and more driven. I’m sorry to hear you had to claim this, I think your friend should be coughing up the bill for this entirely. Mistakes happen, but he needs to man up and own his mistake. If he crashed into someone else’s car they wouldn’t be as lenient. “life’s hard get a helmet” comes to mind. It will all work out for you brother! Sorry for my tangent.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
That’s extremely unfortunate. My father always told me. You’re who you surround yourself with. I’m older now 31, however when I was in my 20’s I always hung out with my brothers friends who were older, and more driven. I’m sorry to hear you had to claim this, I think your friend should be coughing up the bill for this entirely. Mistakes happen, but he needs to man up and own his mistake. If he crashed into someone else’s car they wouldn’t be as lenient. “life’s hard get a helmet” comes to mind. It will all work out for you brother! Sorry for my tangent.
Yeah, he's unemployed, it was even his grandpa's truck he was driving. I'm going to be keeping my distance from now on. Luckily though several other friends were around to see it and have told me in private that if he tries to do anything they will back my side. I appreciate you trying to keep my head up.

PC03GT

Established Member
Yeah, he's unemployed, it was even his grandpa's truck he was driving. I'm going to be keeping my distance from now on. Luckily though several other friends were around to see it and have told me in private that if he tries to do anything they will back my side. I appreciate you trying to keep my head up.

Shit happens, hopefully he will get himself together and one day you can repay the favor.....

LS WUT

Established Member

You’ve got it brother, happy to help whenever I can.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Here's an update on the damages
Screenshot_20240104_121348_Samsung Internet.jpeg

DCguy

Established Member
That's unreal dude.....unemployed or not, guy should figure it out. Pay you back over time or something. Or when he gets a job. These cars being what they are get hit on the resale value pretty hard if there's a claim for damage. So you're kind of getting screwed on both ends. Personally I wouldn't have filed a claim but I guess its too late now....

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
That's unreal dude.....unemployed or not, guy should figure it out. Pay you back over time or something. Or when he gets a job. These cars being what they are get hit on the resale value pretty hard if there's a claim for damage. So you're kind of getting screwed on both ends. Personally I wouldn't have filed a claim but I guess its too late now....
Yeah, that's what's really upsetting to me. I took pride in saying I had a clean Cobra, but now the car has been in an accident and it doesn't feel like that anymore. And if I had to sell the car this could drive away a lot of buyers.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Yeah, that's what's really upsetting to me. I took pride in saying I had a clean Cobra, but now the car has been in an accident and it doesn't feel like that anymore. And if I had to sell the car this could drive away a lot of buyers.

It’ll def depend on the buyer. If it’s done right with paperwork and you’re open and honest, most reasonable people will be OK with it.

Not many of us have “clean” cobras anymore. It isn’t the end of the world BUT you have every right to be pissed. I would be. Keep us updated!

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
It’ll def depend on the buyer. If it’s done right with paperwork and you’re open and honest, most reasonable people will be OK with it.

Not many of us have “clean” cobras anymore. It isn’t the end of the world BUT you have every right to be pissed. I would be. Keep us updated!
For sure. The body shop has already started working on the car. I hope to have it back in a couple weeks. I'll post pics when it's finished.

LS WUT

Established Member

It’s still a clean cobra man, I can’t tell you how many cars have been crashed and not claimed bud. It’s hard to say these days. I found paint lines on my hellcat and it was a 1 owner 9k miles when I bought it. No accident reported. Keep your head up man, she’s still a clean cobra. I’ll say this again. A true friend would make this right by you, no job or not. A true friend would do whatever it takes to make you whole again.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
It’s still a clean cobra man, I can’t tell you how many cars have been crashed and not claimed bud. It’s hard to say these days. I found paint lines on my hellcat and it was a 1 owner 9k miles when I bought it. No accident reported. Keep your head up man, she’s still a clean cobra. I’ll say this again. A true friend would make this right by you, no job or not. A true friend would do whatever it takes to make you whole again.
Thanks buddy! I know the car will be looking good once it's back, it'll be looking better than before without the silly plate bracket. It's just that carfax that's gonna be looking a little uglier. I needed to hear that. The car will be looking pretty with the clean bumper and whenever I put my SK1s on it.

LS WUT

Established Member
Thanks buddy! I know the car will be looking good once it's back, it'll be looking better than before without the silly plate bracket. It's just that carfax that's gonna be looking a little uglier. I needed to hear that. The car will be looking pretty with the clean bumper and whenever I put my SK1s on it.

Well that only becomes a problem if you sell it my friend. I never tend to buy cars I don’t plan to keep.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Well that only becomes a problem if you sell it my friend. I never tend to buy cars I don’t plan to keep.
This one is definitely a keeper for me. I think I'll even get a 2nd one some day. I'd really like a SB coupe, that's my favorite spec, but you know the struggle with trying to get one of those.

LS WUT

Established Member
This one is definitely a keeper for me. I think I'll even get a 2nd one some day. I'd really like a SB coupe, that's my favorite spec, but you know the struggle with trying to get one of those.

That’s great man. I’m glad to hear it. I do know the struggles there. My problem is I’m picky. I want the perfect one, and knowing I’m gonna pay a price tag for one, it needs to be damn near perfect. All in due time man!

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
That’s great man. I’m glad to hear it. I do know the struggles there. My problem is I’m picky. I want the perfect one, and knowing I’m gonna pay a price tag for one, it needs to be damn near perfect. All in due time man!
Speaking of SB Cobra's and "clean Cobra's" let me make it clear, I do NOT intend on trying to Smiegel anyone with this car now that it's been damaged

Users who are viewing this thread